Author Topic: The chow mein sandwich  (Read 1673 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: The chow mein sandwich
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 07:30:25 PM »

Their loss was my gain. They bought the building they're in now, and they're getting 5 star Google reviews, so hopefully they'll be in business for a long while and making Ben happy with food from the fatherland.  :laugh:

'Tis an ill wind indeed that blows no good to anyone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 07:37:18 PM »
'Tis an ill wind indeed that blows no good to anyone.

=D

They're actually happy now too. They were apparently in a part of Portland ruled by the hipsters, druggies, and SJWs. They always had people coming into their shop using the free samples as their three meals a day and she said the slow demographic change was starting to scare off regular customers. They like how friendly everyone is to them now and how shoplifting has gone from a regular occurrence the police did nothing about, to just one time so far in Idaho, with the cops hauling the person away.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2019, 08:02:43 PM »
how shoplifting has gone from a regular occurrence the police did nothing about, to just one time so far in Idaho, with the cops hauling the person away.

My gosh, that still happens somewhere?  Local media and FB pages are replete with stories about shoplifters running into grocery stores, loading up a backpack with booze, and then running out.  This seems to particularly happen at Safeway since word has gotten out that Safeway employees are under orders to do nothing to interfere.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2019, 08:08:02 PM »
=D

They're actually happy now too. They were apparently in a part of Portland ruled by the hipsters, druggies, and SJWs. They always had people coming into their shop using the free samples as their three meals a day and she said the slow demographic change was starting to scare off regular customers. They like how friendly everyone is to them now and how shoplifting has gone from a regular occurrence the police did nothing about, to just one time so far in Idaho, with the cops hauling the person away.

May they live long and prosper -- in Amurika!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2019, 08:15:45 PM »
My gosh, that still happens somewhere?  Local media and FB pages are replete with stories about shoplifters running into grocery stores, loading up a backpack with booze, and then running out.  This seems to particularly happen at Safeway since word has gotten out that Safeway employees are under orders to do nothing to interfere.

Yeah, I think I posted somewhere here recently on a video where the employees (likely company policy) watched shoplifters leisurely load up piles of clothes and then just walk out of the store like they owned the place.

I don't know if they'll haul someone in for shoplifting in Boise vs doing nothing or a citation, but the cops in lesser populated areas are probably bored. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2019, 08:50:35 PM »
"That's a civil matter"  *scratches ass*  "Got any free coffee?"   :police:
"It's good, though..."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2019, 09:29:21 PM »
Ben,

Will they ship ??  I too miss the tastes aus dem Vaterland.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2019, 09:42:19 PM »
Ben,

Will they ship ??  I too miss the tastes aus dem Vaterland.

It didn't look like they do, but I will ask next week. I'm down at my dad's for a couple of days and brought him some of their weisswurst, and it might be enough to finally get him to move.  :laugh:

Freshly made vs sitting in packages from some big company for who knows how long makes SUCH a difference.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2019, 08:23:48 AM »
It was the wurst of times...

I like curry, but I have never developed a taste for currywurst. Just doesn't do it for me.

My favorites are Knackwurst and Landjager, although a good Weisswurst is hard to beat, and Debrecener has its charms. Oh hell, let's face it. Even the worst wursts are pretty damned good.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.