Author Topic: Truck is in the shop. Shop owner called and said the frame is rotten  (Read 2061 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Truck is in the shop. Shop owner called and said the frame is rotten
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2019, 02:18:01 PM »
At least half are here, or are in this part of Texas (southern and southwest panhandle, lots of farming and cattle country).

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2019, 03:08:15 PM »
Not a single lot around here seems to have any 2WD trucks for sale. I'm still trying to figure out if that will hurt me or help me when I sell my 2WD truck. I'm getting 4WD on the next one. Not so much for the Winter, but I seem to run across a lot of mud around here. Since I moved is the first time I've had to make use of my rear locker.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2019, 10:23:45 PM »
I agree.  But if it was closer I'd at least take a look at it.  It's a 3/4 ton so a little body rust is not indicative of structural rust, OTOH it's not a good sign either.

I found one in Pasadena TX searching on Carfax.com that's interesting.  But the price looks too good.  Maybe just because of that dent in the bumper, I dunno.    https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1GCGC24R2XF035964  I think they just dropped the price another $200 from last night, but not sure.
We have had a lot of flooding in the last 5 years (Hurricane Harvey).  Might be something to keep in mind.  

I got a new truck (4x4 Tacoma) last October.  So after 9 or 10 months, my mileage is at about 12,500.  Maybe 1500 miles was for work as I had to drive to Longview a few times, but mostly just normal driving for me.  My work commute is about 20 miles a day.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge