Author Topic: Gadsden Shirt  (Read 3462 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Gadsden Shirt
« on: July 17, 2019, 09:53:03 AM »
I guess this could be politics, except for one thing: I'm posting because I want this shirt!  :laugh:

I tried googling, but couldn't find it. It looks exactly like the Galt T-shirt company t-shirts Costco sells once a year. I have one of those shirts in the exact color with the exact flag, and it looks like the same cut shirt, but no Gadsden stuff on it.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/chris-pratt-gadsden-flag-white-supremacist-reaction
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Gadsden Shirt
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 10:21:32 AM »
See, you move the hinterlands and your google foo slowly ebbs away. I guess it is because google figure you unwashed, Walmart shopping hicks don't really have enough computing power to use their services. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V9QW7XT/ref=sr_1_9?hvadid=78134098187093&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&hvqmt=b&keywords=chris+pratt+shirt&qid=1563373153&s=gateway&sr=8-9

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 10:30:03 AM »
So glad that I have my Gadsden licence plates, and I'm going to start flying my Gadsden flag.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 10:39:02 AM »
See, you move the hinterlands and your google foo slowly ebbs away. I guess it is because google figure you unwashed, Walmart shopping hicks don't really have enough computing power to use their services. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V9QW7XT/ref=sr_1_9?hvadid=78134098187093&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&hvqmt=b&keywords=chris+pratt+shirt&qid=1563373153&s=gateway&sr=8-9

bob

You're hilarious. :P  :laugh:

I never thought to look for "Chris Pratt shirt". Holy hell though - twenty ducats. I bet they raised the price because of the SJWs getting the vapors. It also looks a little different, with zero reviews, which makes me think some enterprising person just printed them up yesterday.  :laugh:

This is the shirt I have from Costco. At eight bucks, it's actually cheaper at Amazon and I just stuck one in my shopping cart.

https://www.amazon.com/GALT-Freedom-Shirt-Black-Medium/dp/B073KZG1FM/ref=sr_1_2?qid=1563374065&refinements=p_4%3AGALT&s=apparel&sr=1-2&th=1&psc=1
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 10:41:38 AM »
So glad that I have my Gadsden licence plates, and I'm going to start flying my Gadsden flag.

Okay, now I'm getting political. The Gadsden trauma/drama bothers me more than most of the other "symbol of white supremacy" stuff. More than anything else, the Gadsden flag (to me) represents our country's fight for freedom. It should be a symbol for freedom that runs across political lines.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 10:46:39 AM »
I normally use the First Navy Jack to make my political statement. Very few people know what it is, they just focus on the Don't Tread On Me portion and the snake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Navy_Jack

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 10:51:53 AM »
I normally use the First Navy Jack to make my political statement. Very few people know what it is, they just focus on the Don't Tread On Me portion and the snake.

bob

Interesting. I just looked up the history of that. The US Navy just recently stopped flying it, after having flown it again after the last time they stopped in the '70s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_of_the_United_States

The First Navy Jack was replaced as the U.S. naval jack by the U.S. Union Jack (consisting of white stars on a blue field, not to be confused with the flag of the United Kingdom, also commonly called "the Union Jack") on June 4, 2019, by order of the Chief of Naval Operations.[1][2][3]
Contents

BobR

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 11:42:13 AM »
Interesting. I just looked up the history of that. The US Navy just recently stopped flying it, after having flown it again after the last time they stopped in the '70s.

It was brought out to be flown during the "Global War on Terrorism" in 2002, now that they have reverted to the Jack of the United State we must have won, lost or given up on the War on Terror. Or perhaps the perpetual War on Terror had them wanting to go back to the traditional Jack before it is completely forgotten.   =|

bob

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 11:56:15 AM »
Another option:

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/Dont-Tread-On-Me-T-Shirt-P14481.aspx?Style=1438379&Size=1438393&Color=1438414

They have a lot more triggering shirts too, and the buy 3, get 12 free isn't a bad deal.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 12:37:09 PM »
"the buy 3, get 12 free isn't a bad deal."

Sounds like the old Columbia House Record offers...

Buy 3,000 for a penny! *

And never be able, under any circumstances, to get away from us. We'll own you, even after death!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 12:42:43 PM »

Buy 3,000 for a penny! *

And never be able, under any circumstances, to get away from us. We'll own you, even after death!

And your next ten records over the next year are only $39.95 each!

castle key

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 12:43:19 PM »
I have to replace my Gadsden flag often as the winds whip the edges apart frequently at my house.

Fortunately, where I live, NO ONE looks askance at this flag.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 01:04:45 PM »

Buy 3,000 for a penny! *

Nope. Ain't like that. Ordered a bunch a couple years ago for work. They are cheap shirts, but for the price I can't complain. I haven't heard from them since. I may have to get some more.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 01:49:18 PM »
I have to replace my Gadsden flag often as the winds whip the edges apart frequently at my house.

Same here on the no one looks askance. I only recently bought a 20' pole for an American flag and Gadsden flag. I bought this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078XM53LT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it's pretty heavy duty. It's actually thicker than the flag that  I bought with my pole, and it takes an extra few MPH on the wind to get it flying when the bigger American flag is already at attention.  :laugh:

BobR

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 01:54:15 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078XM53LT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it's pretty heavy duty. It's actually thicker than the flag that  I bought with my pole, and it takes an extra few MPH on the wind to get it flying when the bigger American flag is already at attention.  :laugh:

Those double sided flags usually last a little bit longer. All of the First Navy Jacks I buy are double sided, they last longer and there is no reverse image.

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 02:11:30 PM »

You need a rainbow Gadsden flag. You need to show solidarity with those people out toward Cobbs Creek...  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 02:12:01 PM »
Nope. Ain't like that. Ordered a bunch a couple years ago for work. They are cheap shirts, but for the price I can't complain. I haven't heard from them since. I may have to get some more.

Sarcasm, Sheldon.

castle key

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 03:53:47 PM »
I only recently bought a 20' pole for an American flag and Gadsden flag.

Tell me about your flag pole. Mine is about done and needs to be replaced. Suggestions?

The wind in my locations is always on at a medium level.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 05:31:37 PM »
Tell me about your flag pole. Mine is about done and needs to be replaced. Suggestions?

I went with this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Ezpole-Flagpoles-Liberty-Flagpole-21-Feet/dp/B00EPYYMHE/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=ezpole&qid=1563398085&s=gateway&sr=8-3

The reason I didn't go with the cheaper defender is I wanted the dual assurance of the posi-lock system (more on that below). Install was easy (other than the *expletive deleted*ing boulder packed site I chose). Couple bags of Quikrete  and done.

After two weeks, my impressions are mostly favorable. We actually had a thunderstorm blow past just a couple of days ago with 50mph gusts. While I did lower the pole by one section for that (to around 15'), it held up fine. It looks like it won't. Even in 20MPH winds, the pole "bends" somewhat, and I would have been worried except I also watched a video where they subjected it to 100MPH winds, and while it swayed like crazy, it held up. If a pole that sways bugs you, you'd probably have to move up to one of the $400 or so big fat heavy poles. Or collapse it or take it down for heavy winds. I got a solar light for mine and fly it 24/7, so other than collapsing a section for very heavy winds, I just let it stand and sway. :)

The posi-lock system: I mostly like it. The way it works is that it has both a "button/hole" type lock, plus you then twist the top pole from each interlocking section counterclockwise to engage a second friction lock. You can also only use the friction lock and thus adjust the height of the pole to any length between 5' and 21' (almost two feet of the pole goes in the ground sleeve, so really 19'). The only thing I don't like about the posi-lock is that it can work too good. That friction lock can get tight. Not so much with the upper sections, but the larger diameter lowest section. During that storm I had to grab a couple of pipe wrenches to twist the lower sections to lower the flag. I didn't have to yank on them or anything, but I did need a little more oomph than just my hands could provide to release the lock the first 1/4' or so. After that, easy-peasy.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 05:43:43 PM »

Go to your local fabricator and have them make you more than a pole!! ;)

Just in case you need the yardarm to hang the local Antifa from.

bob

castle key

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 07:01:43 PM »
No good. The Maryland flag must go.

I was born and raised in MD. I believe the MD flag is perhaps the most beautiful state flag, however, the red and white section, the "Crossland Banner," is simply too much a symbol of the evil Confederacy!

Some say by using it on the flag, it indicates unification with those who dared to even consider going to the dark side, but I believe ANYTHING that has ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING from the CSA is suspect and should be banned!!

/S/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2019, 07:02:22 PM »

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019, 01:17:13 AM »
Turns out that Pratt bought the shirt as part of his support for these guys:

https://braintreatmentfoundation.com/
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/07/17/it-gets-worse-yahoos-demented-hit-job-on-chris-pratt-also-dragged-veterans-charity-through-the-mud/

MSM, let me introduce your faces to egg.

Woke up to > 5,000 notes today informing me I’m a white supremacist.

How’s your day going so far?

— Nicole Fisher (@nic_fisher) July 17, 2019

:facepalm:
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2019, 09:02:56 AM »
In any sane world, these people would be laughed at for such nonsense.  

Ben Shapiro pointed out yesterday that every hate group in history has tried to use the symbols of the country to claim legitimacy.  That doesn't mean the symbols are hateful.  IMO, it just shows these people are stupid (both groups).

...And I need to order a shirt.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2019, 09:34:42 AM »

And no one complains about phrasing with this comment?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge