Author Topic: Outa Meth? Try Some Wasp Spray!  (Read 1021 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Outa Meth? Try Some Wasp Spray!
« on: July 18, 2019, 08:50:53 AM »
I think I'd prefer to be stung by wasps than do this, but whatever contributes to Darwin,  I guess.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wasp-spray-used-as-meth-alternative-in-west-virginia-possible-linked-to-3-overdoes-police

Side note, it won't be long until you have to get special permission at the register to buy wasp spray.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Outa Meth? Try Some Wasp Spray!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 09:43:00 AM »
Wow!

The local station reported Monday that stores in Boone County sold nearly 30 cans of wasp spray on Friday alone.

It's Summer, the height of the wasp and insect season, and it's newsworthy that in an entire county 30 cans of wasp spray were sold in one day?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 10:25:33 AM »
I thought wasp spray was the new wonder weapon for self defense?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 10:57:36 AM »
Have they blamed Trump yet?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 11:39:51 AM »
Wow!

It's Summer, the height of the wasp and insect season, and it's newsworthy that in an entire county 30 cans of wasp spray were sold in one day?
That isn't that many.  Some of those high pressure sprays designed for distance don't last very long.  And if you have more than just a single house for wasps to make nests, you can go through a can pretty fast.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

griz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 12:06:34 PM »
I stopped being surprised by people's disregard for their brains and lives in the 1980s.  They had started making it harder to buy spray paint because people were huffing it, so they switched to gasoline.  I guess sooner or later they'll find other poisons that can make you goofy if you take a little less than what will kill you.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »
I think I'd prefer to be stung by wasps than do this, but whatever contributes to Darwin,  I guess.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wasp-spray-used-as-meth-alternative-in-west-virginia-possible-linked-to-3-overdoes-police

Side note, it won't be long until you have to get special permission at the register to buy wasp spray.

Darwin would approve.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 10:02:52 PM »
They had started making it harder to buy spray paint because people were huffing it...

I will never understand the allure of that form of intoxication.  33 years ago this month I accidentally dosed myself while spraying a urethane protective layer over a memorial we'd made for a friend who lost his fight with gorram cancer at the age of 20.  It was NOT a pleasant experience, feeling akin to what opiates do to me or how I feel when the Meneurie's vertigo gets bad.  I'd rather be puking & pass out on the dirt road drunk on ethyl alcohol (also not a pleasant experience) that have the mildest form of solvent intoxication.

Of course, wasp spray IS meant to eradicate obnoxious pests.  I think meth-heads would fall into that category as well. 
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 03:15:59 PM »
I accidentally huffed polyurethane paint many years ago while painting a rocket with an airbrush.  Nasty experience, that was.  Monumentally stupid, too.  Given my ERT background in the semi industry I should have known to take some basic safety precautions.
Promptly went down to the local Home Despot and bought a good respirator and safety glasses.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 05:30:53 PM »
US Navy, painting bulkheads with "Red Oxide" paint, in an enclosed engine room, with minimal ventilation. Me and the guy with me were dragged out after we were found having a "paint fight" and laughing like maniacs. God, what a headache I had after that event!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2019, 05:36:02 PM »
Coming soon to a store near you: Black Flag Wasp Spray, Tide Pod flavor
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes