Author Topic: The snow has been very very good to me.  (Read 557 times)

Lee

• friend
The snow has been very very good to me.
« on: February 18, 2007, 05:26:01 PM »
I've always been pretty physically active and liked to do things by hand.  Snow blowers used to irritate the hell out of me.  I always wondered why people would turn a lovely, quiet, snow covered day into a noise fest with their various motorized implements.  Then I got older and my back started aching.  Last year we didn't get much snow, and Home Depot blew out their blowers at 50% off.  I bought a little one...although it was a toss-up as to whether I should get a snow plow for my ATV instead.  This year, we've gotten a fair amount of snow for central Ohio, and nearly all of it came this week.  The snow blower worked pretty well.  This morning I'm talking to my wife and made a comment that I wished I had gotten the snow plow instead.  Normally, she would prefer that I end up in traction rather than spending "our" money on things that mostly benefit me, but she is so fed up with the snow, that today she just said, " I think you should get one".  Thankfully, I still had ATV Direct bookmarked, and was able to order one in about 5 minutes.  I'm sure it will not snow again now for a year or two, but when it does I will be ready...and I will have fun. Just don't tell anyone!

Art Eatman

• friend
Re: The snow has been very very good to me.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 04:39:23 AM »
If I want hard water, there's this big white box in the kitchen that provides all I'll ever use.

Cheesy, Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 05:11:06 AM »
I've always been pretty physically active and liked to do things by hand.  Snow blowers used to irritate the hell out of me.  I always wondered why people would turn a lovely, quiet, snow covered day into a noise fest with their various motorized implements. 

In 1978, I was living in Houghton, MI.  IIRC, we got over 350 inches of snow and were very happy to have a noisy snowblower.   cool
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 01:27:51 PM »
SteveS, my mother was born and raised in Houghton, and my father in Hancock.

They, as well as most of the other members of their families, left the UP in the late 1930's to get factory jobs in Flint and Detroit.

My father never looked back, especially because of the winters.

As for the original topic of shovelling snow, I'm kicking myself. Years ago I bought a snowblower very cheap from a friend. I decided I'd rather get the exercise by shovelling, and sold it cheap to another friend.

My back keeps reminding me these days what a stupid decision I'd made.