Author Topic: We Have 18 Months to Save the Planet!  (Read 1106 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
We Have 18 Months to Save the Planet!
« on: July 31, 2019, 10:07:47 AM »
So quick - hop in your private jets and head to the Google secret retreat to end global worming!!!

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/07/31/barack-obama-and-other-celebrity-global-warming-hypocrites-flew-in-114-private-jets-to-sicily-for-google-billionaire-camp/

I have yet to see one of these things held via telepresence.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: We Have 18 Months to Save the Planet!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 10:29:14 AM »
I guess the 18 month thing means environmentalists are going to try to make the election a referendum on Climate Change.  (.....at least I hope they do)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 10:31:34 AM »
Yeah, I posted the below a week ago in another thread

-------------------------

Now it's 18 months to the end of the world.
Hmmmm, the election is in 18 months, what a coincidence!  

Mark Ruffalo shares article that says we only have 18 months to save the planet, not 12 years
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/07/25/mark-ruffalo-shares-article-that-says-we-only-have-18-months-to-save-the-planet-not-12-years/

BTW: Shouldn't he be in Canada by now?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 10:32:27 AM »
Ben:
"I have yet to see one of these things held via telepresence."

Now that was sneakily hilarious.  Took me a full minute, but I hadn't had my coffee yet.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 12:14:11 PM »
Yeah, I posted the below a week ago in another thread

-------------------------

Now it's 18 months to the end of the world.
Hmmmm, the election is in 18 months, what a coincidence!  

Mark Ruffalo shares article that says we only have 18 months to save the planet, not 12 years
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/07/25/mark-ruffalo-shares-article-that-says-we-only-have-18-months-to-save-the-planet-not-12-years/

BTW: Shouldn't he be in Canada by now?
Or at least you would think he would be buying property in Northern Canada.  Maybe ocean front. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 12:15:49 PM »
Ben:

Now that was sneakily hilarious.  Took me a full minute, but I hadn't had my coffee yet.

From Demolition Man

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 12:27:41 PM »
Ben:

It used to irritate the hell out of me at work. The same upper management that would be annoyingly nagging with the "going green" crap would somehow always end up having meetings in Honolulu or somewhere, when we had perfectly acceptable telepresence equipment. In fact they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on that equipment, but then always had some excuse for everyone flying somewhere for face to face meetings.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 01:26:56 PM »
Makes you wish someone would arrange a Fyre Festival type of experience for these obnoxious mooks.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 03:04:59 PM »
Makes you wish someone would arrange a Fyre Festival type of experience for these obnoxious mooks.
I was thinking of a Stinger party on the island, but that would probably hurt innocent people. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 03:20:58 PM »
You know if we could get these people to stop talking so much that would probably lower the CO2 level enough to save the planet.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 04:55:35 PM »
It used to irritate the hell out of me at work. The same upper management that would be annoyingly nagging with the "going green" crap would somehow always end up having meetings in Honolulu or somewhere, when we had perfectly acceptable telepresence equipment. In fact they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on that equipment, but then always had some excuse for everyone flying somewhere for face to face meetings.

Well,  yes, but I was coming at it from the angle of a Tippy-Top Seekrit Meeting  of cyberpoobahs and other muckey-mucks being held via the impossible-to-secure internet.

But your angle works, too.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.