Author Topic: White Nationlism  (Read 4903 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
White Nationlism
« on: August 08, 2019, 06:56:54 AM »
I just don't see it anywhere other than on some backwater blogs.

What I do see is the categorization of the, soon to be, majority minority interests as "white Nationalism".

If you want to preserve the culture, morality, traditions and history of the United States then you are a white Nationalist.

Up until a couple years ago the first thing that popped into my head when I heard white Nationalist was skin head felons with swastika tattoos.

I'm saddened that the Republicans and Trump have adopted the terminology and definitions of the enemy. They have given ground up that will be very hard to reclaim.

The Republicans and Trump seemingly are OK with categorizing Trad cons and Paleo cons as White Nationalists. That's where it is heading. They've adopted the lefts assumptions so it is only a matter of time before they arrive at the same conclusions.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
Re: White Nationlism
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 07:37:45 AM »
Let me add, Trump does seem to be a master of misdirection, rhetoric, lies and framing the issues.

So with this as well as the gun issue the best bet is to listen to what he actually does and not what he says.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 08:24:18 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 09:22:06 AM »
All it really means is the usual name calling (calling people racist) is not having any effect so the left is shifting their language to anything they can find that might get traction with the voters.  The shooting in El Paso just provided a convenient excuse.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 09:35:32 AM »
I saw this morning that anyone who holds a Trump Fundraiser must now be put out of business (ref" the owner of Equinox health centers). Nevermind their employees  I guess.

It's just getting crazy. Imagine the outrage if people started boycotting/doxxing/threatening anyone who gave campaign funds to any of the current dem hopefuls. This TDS is completely out of control.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 09:42:06 AM »
boycotting/doxxing/threatening

One of these things is not like the others. :police:
Boycotting a company because you disagree with their politics is a perfectly acceptable course of action.
I do it personally and I've seen plenty of discussion here about not supporting specific companies with liberal leanings.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 10:44:01 AM »
Ron,

I agree.  Outright white nationalism has few supporters, and those actual supporters of the ideology tend to be eminently risible.  The left has long gone out of their way to associate the right with racism and have been able to do so falsely with impunity.

That said, whether my perception is accurate or not, your posts regularly come off to me as being thinly veiled racial manifestos.  Have I been misreading them?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 11:02:34 AM »
I saw this morning that anyone who holds a Trump Fundraiser must now be put out of business (ref" the owner of Equinox health centers). Nevermind their employees  I guess.

Means more potential govt handout dependents so for the dems it's a win win
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 12:21:16 PM »
'White Nationalism' is just a perjorative used now because 'racist', 'Bigoted', and 'xenophobe' have lost all of their value due to overuse.

I wasactually hoping that Trump denouncing white nationalists would lead to leftists defending white nationalists.  >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 12:23:02 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 12:25:23 PM »

If you want to preserve the culture, morality, traditions and history of the United States then you are a white Nationalist.

Well, I'm white, and I'm interested in preserving [what's left of] the culture, morality, traditions and history of the United States.

So I guess I'm a white Nationalist. So be it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 12:26:10 PM »
If you're not ashamed of being white that makes you a white supremacist/Nationalist  
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 12:34:23 PM »
If you're not ashamed of being white that makes you a white supremacist/Nationalist  

That exactly.
There is a very distinct difference between being 'proud' to be of a certain race and 'not ashamed,' the left is attempting to control the language and erase that line.

Being 'proud' that you were born a certain race is about as idiotic as being proud to have blue eyes or curly hair.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 02:58:53 PM »
HOLY CRAP!!!!

It is now 88 degrees today, 8/8. WEATHER IS RACIST WHITE NATIONALIST!!!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 07:09:18 PM »
Well, I'm white, and I'm interested in preserving [what's left of] the culture, morality, traditions and history of the United States.

So I guess I'm a white Nationalist. So be it.

I'm with you.

I'm white.  I feel no guilt over winning the genetic lottery of being born in the US, and I won't apologize for valuing western culture over the rest of them.  According to the left that makes me a white nationalist nazi.  Sieg hiel? 

They're going to get the violence they keep begging for one of these days.  And I'm somewhere between hoping it never happens because I have a really great life and going  H.L.  Mencken.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 07:17:26 PM »
HOLY CRAP!!!!

It is now 88 degrees today, 8/8. WEATHER IS RACIST WHITE NATIONALIST!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i had no idea about this "88" thing before, i heard it on the Larry Elder radio show recently ....good grief
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 07:19:56 PM »
They're going to get the violence they keep begging for one of these days.  And I'm somewhere between hoping it never happens because I have a really great life and going  H.L.  Mencken.

The chief contribution of Protestantism to human thought is its massive proof that God is a bore. H. L. Mencken
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 07:42:45 PM »
'White Nationalism' is just a perjorative used now because 'racist', 'Bigoted', and 'xenophobe' have lost all of their value due to overuse.

Bingo.

Anyone else notice how quickly the media message shifted from "no political party can hope to win in this country without Hispanics," to this idea that America is controlled by "white supremacy"?

Racism of whites against non-whites, in America, has been dead for years. Not absolutely gone, of course, but utterly powerless. Anti-white racism, meanwhile, is expressed openly, and often applauded. And I'm not even talking about Farrakhan. I'm talking about influential people in media and the academy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 07:48:40 PM »
Ron,

I agree.  Outright white nationalism has few supporters, and those actual supporters of the ideology tend to be eminently risible.  The left has long gone out of their way to associate the right with racism and have been able to do so falsely with impunity.

That said, whether my perception is accurate or not, your posts regularly come off to me as being thinly veiled racial manifestos.  Have I been misreading them?

Maybe you should elaborate on what you find "racist" about my positions.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 07:53:10 PM »
The chief contribution of Protestantism to human thought is its massive proof that God is a bore. H. L. Mencken

I was going for the more obvious thing about black flags, but he's not wrong.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2019, 08:38:40 PM »
I was going for the more obvious thing about black flags, but he's not wrong.

Too easy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2019, 08:50:30 PM »
I just don't see it anywhere other than on some backwater blogs.

What I do see is the categorization of the, soon to be, majority minority interests as "white Nationalism".

Up until a couple years ago the first thing that popped into my head when I heard white Nationalist was skin head felons with swastika tattoos.

I'm saddened that the Republicans and Trump have adopted the terminology and definitions of the enemy. They have given ground up that will be very hard to reclaim.

The Republicans and Trump seemingly are OK with categorizing Trad cons and Paleo cons as White Nationalists. That's where it is heading. They've adopted the lefts assumptions so it is only a matter of time before they arrive at the same conclusions.

On the first part, I would agree.  White Supremacist stuff is something you don't see.  However, that sort of language has been pretty much banned from public discussion and pushed underground to the point I don't think we would know how many people hold those ideas.  I figure the number of hard core adherents is very low. 

I don't know if I agree on that last part.  IMO, it doesn't help to get in a battle of definitions with crazy leftists.  Something to think about I guess. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2019, 08:59:42 PM »

I don't know if I agree on that last part.  IMO, it doesn't help to get in a battle of definitions with crazy leftists.  Something to think about I guess. 

Considering what is now being labeled "white nationalist" maybe Trump & Co are going to agree with the left and impose their own definitions.

The left and the media (redundant, I know) have been beating him with this cudgel for two years now so maybe Trump is going to steal the issue from them and go after his version of "white nationalists".

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2019, 12:49:41 AM »
thanks for a great idea, from now on, when criticizing "black lives matter/nation of islam" etc....I am going to call them "white nationalist"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2019, 08:16:57 AM »
Maybe you should elaborate on what you find "racist" about my positions.
I believe the term I used was "thinly veiled racial manifestos".  You have repeatedly referred to demographic replacement of "Heritage Americans" - a term which sometimes is used to imply membership in a group of people with certain traditional American beliefs and other times possibly Americans of European heritage.  The context often sounds a lot like a defeated White Nationalist who used to carry a Tiki torch while chanting "YOU WILL NOT REPLACE US!" and "BLOOD AND SOIL!" and now dejectedly says "Yeah, they're going to replace us."  Maybe you actually mean the diversity of morality and what societies hold sacrosanct, but then you go and regularly conflate ethical and ethnic diversity.

Perhaps it stands out most when you use terms like "demographic replacement", as demography typically doesn't take into consideration things like morality, values, or ethics.  If your real problem is people who do not hold traditional American ethics, I'd expect you to say that.  Instead you tend to focus on demographics.

Your oft-repeated position on identity politics seems to imply a support for racial separatism to avoid conflict, if not outright superiority.  I.e., your regularly repeated refrain that diversity and proximity leads to conflict.  Sure, there are some kinds of diversity for which that is true but the implication always seems to be diversity of race or national origin.

If read in the most generous way your posts might be reasonable, but you seem to be intentionally riding the line.  As during the census discussion when you just couldn't quite bring yourself to come out and say "Screw the Constitution, let's do things MY way," yet still kept dancing right up to the line and dropping blunt hints in that direction.  My impression is that you aren't posting what you really want to say knowing it would be soundly rejecte,) so instead you rephrase it slightly trying to make it palatable.  From a lot of the responses in this thread trying on "white nationalist" as a sobriquet I think you're making progress.

It is entirely possible I'm misreading you, or that you just don't know the definition and common uses of words like "demographic", but since you've always struck me as a well-read, intelligent guy I thought I'd ask for clarification.

And to everyone in this thread laughing about "Ha!  I must be a 'white' 'nationalist'!  I'm so edgy!" ... okay, you might be, but I hope not.  Just because you're wrongly labeled a certain way by the left doesn't mean you need to lean into it and become that. 

For some time I've wondered if the constant refrain from the Right to decry things they disliked as socialist caused more and more people on the left who supported those policies (which by and large fell short of socialism) to shrug and say "fine, then if we're going to be called socialist then we'll lean into it and call ourselves that!" which quickly morphed into "let's be actual Socialists,"  Not so many years ago that was a dirty word, but now it is entirely acceptable to claim that title on the national stage (so long as it is softened with "democratic" first).  Yeah, I get that there has long been a strain of real socialism and communism in the left, but by and large that was rejected ... until it wasn't. 

I don't want to see the same thing happen on the Right with crap like white nationalism.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2019, 09:09:07 AM »
I believe the term I used was "thinly veiled racial manifestos".  You have repeatedly referred to demographic replacement of "Heritage Americans" - a term which sometimes is used to imply membership in a group of people with certain traditional American beliefs and other times possibly Americans of European heritage.  The context often sounds a lot like a defeated White Nationalist who used to carry a Tiki torch while chanting "YOU WILL NOT REPLACE US!" and "BLOOD AND SOIL!" and now dejectedly says "Yeah, they're going to replace us."  Maybe you actually mean the diversity of morality and what societies hold sacrosanct, but then you go and regularly conflate ethical and ethnic diversity.

Perhaps it stands out most when you use terms like "demographic replacement", as demography typically doesn't take into consideration things like morality, values, or ethics.  If your real problem is people who do not hold traditional American ethics, I'd expect you to say that.  Instead you tend to focus on demographics.

Your oft-repeated position on identity politics seems to imply a support for racial separatism to avoid conflict, if not outright superiority.  I.e., your regularly repeated refrain that diversity and proximity leads to conflict.  Sure, there are some kinds of diversity for which that is true but the implication always seems to be diversity of race or national origin.

If read in the most generous way your posts might be reasonable, but you seem to be intentionally riding the line.  As during the census discussion when you just couldn't quite bring yourself to come out and say "Screw the Constitution, let's do things MY way," yet still kept dancing right up to the line and dropping blunt hints in that direction.  My impression is that you aren't posting what you really want to say knowing it would be soundly rejecte,) so instead you rephrase it slightly trying to make it palatable.  From a lot of the responses in this thread trying on "white nationalist" as a sobriquet I think you're making progress.

It is entirely possible I'm misreading you, or that you just don't know the definition and common uses of words like "demographic", but since you've always struck me as a well-read, intelligent guy I thought I'd ask for clarification.

And to everyone in this thread laughing about "Ha!  I must be a 'white' 'nationalist'!  I'm so edgy!" ... okay, you might be, but I hope not.  Just because you're wrongly labeled a certain way by the left doesn't mean you need to lean into it and become that. 

For some time I've wondered if the constant refrain from the Right to decry things they disliked as socialist caused more and more people on the left who supported those policies (which by and large fell short of socialism) to shrug and say "fine, then if we're going to be called socialist then we'll lean into it and call ourselves that!" which quickly morphed into "let's be actual Socialists,"  Not so many years ago that was a dirty word, but now it is entirely acceptable to claim that title on the national stage (so long as it is softened with "democratic" first).  Yeah, I get that there has long been a strain of real socialism and communism in the left, but by and large that was rejected ... until it wasn't. 

I don't want to see the same thing happen on the Right with crap like white nationalism.

Not to speak for Ron, though I'm sure he will pipe up eventually.

First, children of immigrants vote at about 75% democrat. Thus, the more immigrants we import, the faster we move to what will almost certainly be a permanent democrat supermajority. Even democrats frequently celebrate the "diversifying" of America and this is why - because whites, men in particular, vote overwhelmingly conservative and are intractable to their plans.

Thus, functionally and heuristically, demographics is destiny. The browner we get (because almost all immigrants are brown of some flavor) the more left we get. If we say that democrats and progressives are actively subverting the morals, traditions, financial success, and political determination of "Heritage Americans" (of which I am one, 1640 gang rise up!), then it would follow that immigrants, and illegal immigrants and their children specifically, are being used to replace or at least knock us down to a permanent minority.

Immigration has been a sacrosanct value for much of the 20th century and that doesn't seem to be working out well for us, if you look at how the children of 20th century immigrants vote. Working off 2010 statistics and rounding up some, we have around 50 million foreign born people in the US right now. I think that's quite enough.

The reason the left can sling accusations like "white nationlism" around is because on some level we all know that demographics, for good or evil, highly corresponds to voting behavior. In whites that is often based on class but with other races it is mostly just that they all vote democrat. There are exceptions of course.

I myself am not a white nationalist and would prefer not to have to interact with race in this deterministic fashion. I do believe America will thrive best as a white majority nation that treats her minorities well under a constitutional limited government. I do consider myself a nationalist and a nativist, because everyone should have a country that belongs to them and that they have a share of its sovereignty.

I should be able to say that I don't want any more immigrants for no other reason than "this is my country and I like it the way I like it."

I am not delusional about turning the US into a blood and soil nation over a nation of ideas. I abhor facism. But I think it would be smart to think about what ideas immigrants subscribe to when they move here and think about letting things settle for a couple decades before we do anything else.

There is no magic dirt. Demographics are, unfortunately, destiny.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.