Author Topic: NRA-Amerca's 1st Freedom  (Read 572 times)

grampster

• friend
NRA-Amerca's 1st Freedom
« on: August 22, 2019, 05:12:53 PM »
So, any thoughts here about the lavish praise in defense of Wayne LaPierre by the new President of the NRA, Carolyn D. Meadows in this months issue?

There is also a nice article in this months mag about Stephen Hunter the writer of the adventure of Bob Lee Swagger.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: NRA-Amerca's 1st Freedom
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 06:18:29 PM »
I doesn't matter:

Divide and conquer.  "They've" been after the NRA for a while and finally may have succeeded in wrecking it.

Ain't sayin' what's good and valid or what's bad and stinky about the NRA, but the left's wet dreams about getting rid of it may well come to pass.

Especially in light of the "one mass shooting per day" hysteria going on lately.

But I ain't takin' sides on it herein, just noting the possible tactics involved from external agents, so don't misunderstand me.

Terry, 230RN

Expect more attacks from more quarters.  Expect more division. Expect that every division will result in greater dilution of the NRA's political authority.

Those are the cards on the table.

Read 'em and weep.

:(

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 06:36:21 PM »
They really like taking credit for stuff done by state level gun groups?

And why bother with 1st Freedom? I get American Rifleman. Of all the damn mail they send out, at least that one has a few articles worth reading.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 07:23:03 PM »
So, any thoughts here about the lavish praise in defense of Wayne LaPierre by the new President of the NRA, Carolyn D. Meadows in this months issue?

If you haven't read it yet, have a barf bag ready. And be sure to genuflect before any images of Saint Wayne.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 07:56:54 PM »

Yes, it is crap.  Gold painted horseshi!

There have been many board members leaving the NRA, or refusing to serve, since this all started.  Not one of those spineless hacks tells it like it is.  They all say mealy-mouthed stuff like, "I am unable to continue to work for the NRA."  They should be saying stuff like, "LaPierre is a dirtbag who deserves to be fired and put in jail."

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 08:51:25 PM »
Which issue, the one that just came today?  (I think the cover was something about a "sinking ship" full of democrats)  Or the July issue with Trump on the cover?
"It's good, though..."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 09:24:35 PM »
Which issue, the one that just came today?  (I think the cover was something about a "sinking ship" full of democrats)  Or the July issue with Trump on the cover?

It's the one that came out today, and it's in all of them, not just 1st Freedom.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 09:30:22 PM »
It's the one that came out today, and it's in all of them, not just 1st Freedom.

Thanks.  I haven't read it yet.  Wasn't necessarily planning to, but I'll check it out.
"It's good, though..."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 11:54:12 PM »
Twaddle intended to basically say "all's well, move along, nothing to see here.  And send us more money."

What a rotten time for the N.R.A. to go sideways. :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero