Author Topic: My hero!  (Read 540 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
My hero!
« on: August 22, 2019, 07:21:16 PM »
Still a hero, at 91 years of age.

https://www.newser.com/article/dfad5621fe80421bbeaed504a06130de/trump-awarding-medal-of-freedom-to-nba-star-bob-cousy.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_sports_img_b

Bob Cousy, the wizard of the hardwood, will be receiving the Medal of Freedom from President Trump. Cousy and the Boston Celtic dominated pro basketball when I was in high school (I graduated in 1962). He was definitely my idol. Unfortunately, my high school coach decided that I was too tall to play guard, so he forced me to play center .. and I just couldn't play with my back to the basket. There went my NBA career -- nipped in the bud by a short-sighted coach.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: My hero!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 01:54:09 AM »
The gall* of Trump to recognize a white basketball player! Such a slap in the face to athletes of not-whiteness.

*Or should that be "Gaul," since we're talking about the Celtics?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 02:34:14 AM »
Cousy is of French-Canadian descent. (In fact, he still has a Quebecois accent.) Maybe it should be "Gaulle."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 07:04:14 PM »
Cousy is of French-Canadian descent. (In fact, he still has a Quebecois accent.) Maybe it should be "Gaulle."

👏👏👏
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame