Author Topic: Surgeons Attach Man's Hand to His Groin  (Read 582 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Surgeons Attach Man's Hand to His Groin
« on: August 27, 2019, 12:54:42 PM »
Glad things worked out for this guy. A Happy Ending.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/surgeons-attach-mans-hand-groin
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
Re: Surgeons Attach Man's Hand to His Groin
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 01:25:05 PM »
Pretty amazing that they could rebuild any of his hand, much less most of it.

In a wonderful example of how Murphy's Law applies to everything:  I remember an old episode of COPS where they did a raid on a crowded house.  The cops are shouting HANDS UP and on of the guys keeps his hand firmly against his bare chest.  The other guys are all pointing to him and trying to explain, his hand was sewn to his chest while it healed from a burn or something.  Close call.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 02:36:03 PM »
Pretty amazing that they could rebuild any of his hand, much less most of it.

In a wonderful example of how Murphy's Law applies to everything:  I remember an old episode of COPS where they did a raid on a crowded house.  The cops are shouting HANDS UP and on of the guys keeps his hand firmly against his bare chest.  The other guys are all pointing to him and trying to explain, his hand was sewn to his chest while it healed from a burn or something.  Close call.

I remember that one as well.  An acquaintance of mine tried to shake hands with a table saw. :facepalm:  For two weeks post op, they sewed his rebuilt thumb to his belly for improved circulation to promote healing.  Worked out for him.  He has a working thumb.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 06:10:22 PM »
Good to hear it's working out, but G-d forgive me, this is the first thing I thought of:

Bad Terry !  Bad !
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.