Author Topic: More Harmless Antifa Antics  (Read 929 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
More Harmless Antifa Antics
« on: September 30, 2019, 09:43:54 AM »
You know, if this were my mom or grandma, I'm not sure I could "remain polite", and would happily accept time in the pokey.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/09/30/just-when-you-thought-they-couldnt-go-any-lower-antifa-lives-up-to-domestic-terrorist-rep-at-mohawk-college-protest-watch/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: More Harmless Antifa Antics
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 10:38:41 AM »
"Passionate self-righteousness."

"Your right to free speech ends at the tip of my nose."

Frankly, I've seen enough of this antifa fascism crap.

"Domestic terrorism" doesn't seem too far off base.

Part of the problem? (Berkeley CA):

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/berkeley-police-department-offered-symbolic-arrests-protesters/
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 10:46:55 AM »
They do these things because they are allowed, likely even encouraged to do them by the governing authorities where it happens.

I will repeat: They do these despicable things because that is exactly what the political leaders where it happens want.

As an example- look at Charlottesville. The police, acting on orders from above, purposely pushed the two factions together because they wanted that conflict. The governing authorities viewed it as politically useful to them.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 12:52:45 PM »
They do these things because they are allowed, likely even encouraged to do them by the governing authorities where it happens.

I will repeat: They do these despicable things because that is exactly what the political leaders where it happens want.

As an example- look at Charlottesville. The police, acting on orders from above, purposely pushed the two factions together because they wanted that conflict. The governing authorities viewed it as politically useful to them.

Is it always that, or is it sometimes the fear of being doxed and shamed by these brownshirts?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 08:34:14 PM »

Is it always that, or is it sometimes the fear of being doxed and shamed by these brownshirts?

Good point.  In the last Presidential election, I know of several people who would not display any alignment with Trump, yet voted for him.

I'm still seeing that.  It's almost like we all have to meet in dingy basement restaurants with candles and red-checkered table cloths.to avoid being fingered.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 09:20:35 PM »
Makes one almost yearn for the days of Richard Daley, Hizzoner of Chicago.  He knew how to deal with rioters.   >:D  [ar15]
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 10:18:49 PM »
Makes one almost yearn for the days of Richard Daley, Hizzoner of Chicago.  He knew how to deal with rioters.   >:D  [ar15]

Only because they weren't his thugs pushing his agenda.

Antifa are the sponsored thugs of the left.  Daley wouldn't have done *expletive deleted*it but sat on his ass counting his kickbacks.