Author Topic: American Tactical AR 15  (Read 480 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
American Tactical AR 15
« on: September 18, 2019, 11:33:01 AM »
You guys know anything about this company.

I bought the Omni Hybrid Multi Cal

May have just been screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogmush

• friend
Re: American Tactical AR 15
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 11:50:49 AM »
I'm one of the few people I know that actually is OK with, and owns, and shoots polymer AR lowers.  I played with an Omni Hybrid lower a couple years back and didn't like it.  I think they are on the wrong track with an insert vs. just redesigning the back of the lower to the meet the new material  strength specs.

That being said, they are way better than the first gen polymer lowers of 4-5 years ago that would break at the buffer tube threads.  I don't like their solution from a design and force standpoint, but it does seem to be working. There haven't been the rash of failures that brands like Plum Crazy, New Frontier Armory, EP Armory, and early Polymer 80 lowers see.

If you already bought the gun, pick it up and shoot it.  Odds are it'll be fine.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 01:09:16 PM »
Well, if it was glass reinforced nylon, and they had a halfway decent mold guy who knew about the flow dynamics of the fill, and accounted for that, I'd expect it to survive things an aluminum lower wouldn't. Pin holes might wallow or egg out eventually, but you can put KNS anti-rotation pins on it if you're worried about that.

My 3D printed ABS lower? Well... anything is possible. Including unscheduled disassembly on the first shot.  =D (saving up for a cheap PSA upper to put on it for testing)
I promise not to duck.

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 05:55:17 PM »
Thanks fo the feedback. I’ll give a range report when I can.

I need to get some scope mounts. He threw in a Chinese made Remington 3x9 that sets too low. For now maybe just a riser.

Fondling it it seems to be ok. Trigger is crisp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?