Author Topic: Climate Confessions  (Read 4594 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Climate Confessions
« on: September 18, 2019, 04:36:17 PM »
NBC "News" (note quotes) wants people to confess their climate sins.

I don't know that I have any climate sins, but I do have some awesome climate stuff I do.

I live in Idaho
I burn half my trash
They don't have recycling bins for rural pickup and I throw away hundreds of plastic bottles
I have cheap electricity and use a ton of it
I have a wood stove
I BBQ
I drive 100 mile round trip just to try a new burger joint

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I know there is way more awesome stuff  I do because smart people invented stuff to make my life easier.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/09/18/feeling-guilty-about-contributing-to-global-warming-nbc-news-is-taking-climate-confessions-definitely-not-a-religion-though/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Climate Confessions
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 04:46:20 PM »
For 21 years I drove a Ford F250 superduty 4x4 with a V10 gas triton. Sometimes it was only hauling me and a briefcase.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 04:57:57 PM »
"No, this doesn't make it a religion you Science denier!!!!!"  - Leftist
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 05:31:36 PM »
I have campfires for the simple enjoyment of roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 05:53:13 PM »
I have campfires for the simple enjoyment of roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.

Oh yeah, after my grand niece gets a chance to play in the fort/playhouse the previous owners left in the backyard after her visit next week, I'm tearing it down (and probably burning it) and turning that area into a backyard fire pit for whiskey and cigars. The enviros are way on the hate train regarding heating with wood stoves, campfires, BBQs, etc., so that's where I'm focusing my efforts.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 06:02:30 PM »
Instructions:
1. Complete step 2 before moving to step 3
2. Remove children
3. Burn playhouse
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 06:47:01 PM »
I just mowed 15,000 square feet of lawn using a gas-powered Honda push mower.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 07:47:24 PM »

Always pissed me off that the bastards are going for our oldest, most basic tech and demonizing it.  Next they'll come for the wheel.

I have fires in the back yard all fall, weather permitting.  It's completely illegal and that just makes me want to do it more.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 07:49:14 PM »
I modified all the spouts on my gas cans as well as drilling holes in the handles opposite the spout so that the gas actually pours out defying the EPA.  I mow and fill up gas cans and cars on whatever those days the tree huggers tell us not to mow or fill up your gas cans and cars.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 07:49:36 PM »
My home is heated by nat gas and cooled using electric derived in part from coal.

My kitchen uses nat gas and electric appliances also.

Daily i drive a vehicle manufactured using petroleum products, it runs on petroleum products and mostly is driven on roads made in part from petroleum products.

Every day I wear clothing that is comprised wholly or in part of materials derived from petroleum.

All the Chinese manufactured crap I own came over in shipping containers transported by the largest polluting form of transportation on earth.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 08:50:24 PM »
My home is heated by nat gas and cooled using electric derived in part from coal.

My kitchen uses nat gas and electric appliances also.

Daily i drive a vehicle manufactured using petroleum products, it runs on petroleum products and mostly is driven on roads made in part from petroleum products.

Every day I wear clothing that is comprised wholly or in part of materials derived from petroleum.

All the Chinese manufactured crap I own came over in shipping containers transported by the largest polluting form of transportation on earth.

Awesome, right up to the shipping part.  Pound for pound ships and trains can't be beats for transportation efficiency.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 10:21:52 PM »
I've kept a tire fire burning continuously on my back 40 for the last 37 years.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 11:42:41 PM »
My household consumes almost 3 times the world average of meat per capita.  My wife is vegetarian.

We keep the thermostat at 72 year round.

We have more cars than drivers.

there's probably more, but that seems to be enough for now.  Do we say 5 Al Gore's, or is there going to be flagellation involved?  Or am I imagining the religious overtones and this is more of a struggle session

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 11:48:53 PM »
I've kept a tire fire burning continuously on my back 40 for the last 37 years.

My hat's off to you, sir.  You just won the thread.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2019, 12:14:02 AM »
I've owned/driven SEVERAL cars that got single digit mileage but were VERY quick/fast/powerful
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2019, 12:20:24 AM »
I fart
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 12:43:51 AM »
My hat's off to you, sir.  You just won the thread.

Thread, hell -- I think that won the entire Internet.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 10:06:58 AM »
I fart
Now that is the last straw!!! (really, it the last one since they outlawed them).  We have to pass legislation to regulate charby farts (and burps also).  It is for the CHILDREN!!!
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 10:21:08 AM »
I live on a piece of land large enough to house a few thousand city hive dwellers, and I keep most of it in the form of a neatly mowed lawn.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2019, 12:42:51 PM »
I live on a piece of land large enough to house a few thousand city hive dwellers, and I keep most of it in the form of a neatly mowed lawn.

Push mower, I hope.  Nothing that uses Petro-Poison.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2019, 01:18:44 PM »
Push mower, I hope.  Nothing that uses Petro-Poison.

16hp lawn tractor, 2-smoke trimmer, blower, hedge trimmers... I use a whole 3rd world village worth of small engines to groom my 3rd world village sized plot of land. Did I mention roundup? Or weed and feed?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2019, 01:26:29 PM »
I routinely use old, dirty motor oil to start my brush pile fires, sometime it takes a couple of gallons.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 01:30:12 PM »
16hp lawn tractor, 2-smoke trimmer, blower, hedge trimmers... I use a whole 3rd world village worth of small engines to groom my 3rd world village sized plot of land. Did I mention roundup? Or weed and feed?

I would have been impressed if you also had a small corner dedicated to an eternal tire flame like HankB.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2019, 02:08:14 PM »
I pour old gas on the ground behind my shed.  We heat the house to 78 in the winter.  I ran up two months of electric bills of $230.00 a month keeping the house cool during our heat wave.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2019, 02:12:56 PM »
I'm a white American that eats meat and drives a car wherever I go. I even sit in my car and run the AC on my lunch break. I don't even recycle.

So proud of myself right now.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife