Author Topic: The Ghost / Supernatural activity thread  (Read 2813 times)

The Ghost / Supernatural activity thread
« on: May 12, 2005, 05:24:29 PM »
This was the best thread of the Roundtable- so let's bring it back.

Post your stories of hauntings and creepy things in the night. Wink

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 05:55:21 PM »
Wasn't night time and I don't (never) believe in the supernatural BUT about 30 years ago while walking out of my house in the bright daylight  I happened to glance over at my neighbor's car parked about 15 feet away and I saw an ugly, horrible looking ghoul (female) sitting in my neighbor's passenger seat laughing and staring at me.  A blink later...just and empty seat.  No drugs, no alcohol, no recent horror movies, excellent health,  20/20 vision, and no over-active imagination.  To this day I am at a loss to explain this "vision" yet I still don't believe in the supernatural.  Never had another "incident" since.
Career Corrections

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 07:17:13 PM »
There is a small canyon about half way between Nederland and Ward on the Peak to Peak highway in Colorado.  Used to be a mining area, and there were several shafts on the hill sides, both vertical and horizontal.   The upper part of the canyon was just fine, day or night.  Further down though, it would ger VERY creepy.  I would always feel like I was being watched, and that my presence was most unwelcome.  My friends would feel this as well.  We only went down there during the day, NEVER at night. NEVER.  Nobody ever saw anything "odd" though, just a feeling (we felt this before we knew about the mining shafts).   A couple of years ago the Forest Service came in a closed up all the shafts for good, and the feelings have dissipated over time.  This is the same site I commented on in the "Almost rode the lighting thread" here.

I've seen what I thing would be classified as Will-O-Whisp once, camping at the south end of South Park.  A group of us were sitting around the propane heating mantle (no fires allowed that year), and off to the south, I spoted a spherical light moving through the trees, near tree top level.  I could see it pass in front of some trees, and behind others, so it was not a low flying aircraft, and there was no engine noise.  This glowing sphere passed into a denser stand of trees as I watched, and never came out.  I have no explanation for it, and I've never seen it since, even though we've camped there since.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 10:44:07 PM »
After securing the scene of a minor massecre (bunch of kids shot up by a religious wacko), I lit up a smoke and was keeping an eye out for any trouble.  I noticed a young girl playing in the woods nearby.   I kinda froze for a few seconds, blinking a good number of times and poking my buddy.  He saw her too.   I called over the radio that I had seen something odd, and asked for a squad to sweep the area.  

One of the victims had been a girl of the same build, same hair colour, and exactly the same outfit.  She took a 7.62x39mm just slightly under the eye.   No possible way she was alive.   We immediately ran towards the girl, who wasn't there by the time we got there.   I checked the area the girl was playing in.  No footprints, no signs that anyone had been through recently.   Odd smell in the air, some kind of flower.   Not quite jasmine, but close.  

Could have been a different girl that looked exactly the same.  But how did she get past our perimeter, and then OUT of our perimeter with no one seeing her after ?   If it was just in my head, how'd my buddy see her also?  If it was the girl who had been killed not even an hour earlier, her spirit seemed happy and well, like any other kid.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 04:53:04 AM »
minor massecre (bunch of kids shot up by a religious wacko)
That there folks is what they call an oxymoron...sorry you (and others) have to do stuff like this.

Greg

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 08:21:54 AM »
Quote from: TarpleyG
minor massecre (bunch of kids shot up by a religious wacko)
That there folks is what they call an oxymoron...sorry you (and others) have to do stuff like this.

Greg
Nope.  A couple kids killed by a single wacko doesn't compare to systematic whole slaughters by goverments or militaries.  A 'minor' massecre is unfortunately not an oxymoron.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 09:48:10 PM »
Revdisk, you seem to have a long and colorful story... if you're ever out this way lemme buy you a coffee and you can tell me a bit of it.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

HForrest

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 10:16:48 PM »
Quote from: WinstonSmith
Revdisk, you seem to have a long and colorful story... if you're ever out this way lemme buy you a coffee and you can tell me a bit of it.
+1

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 06:15:30 PM »
Call me when it happens, guys-the 2 hour drive would be a bargain.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 06:43:54 PM »
My bro was out looking for haunted places last night.  Not the brightest, and believing everything on the internet, he finds this site listing haunted places in the county.  He's showing me it, I'm not buying it.  We come to Bennigan's parking lot.  People believe this place is haunted because a man shot his entire family five years ago there.  Or so the page says.  First off, Bennigans wasn't there five years ago.  It was a local restuarant, kinda same building.  OK, he insists, they jsut said that because no one would know where that old restaurant was.  OK, I tell him, if there were a murder of an entire family five years ago, I'd definitely remember that one.  We've had three or four murdered peopel since I can remember, all of which happened within the last year.  Two or three by an escaped mental patient with a knife (can't remember if the last one lived), and one by an ex-boyfriend with a knife.

Anyway, he found out that I was right, the site was bogus, and has dropped it.  When he honked his horn three times at a certain place and time, a bloody man didn't appear.  Nothing in the abandoned house, although one of them got arrested for tresspassing rolleyes

Just trying to say, don't believe everything on the internet.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

triggertime

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 11:34:08 PM »
Ok, this happened a couple hours ago at 1:14am CST.

I woke up around 12am, couldn't go back to sleep, so I go into the kitchen to get something to drink. I sit down at the kitchen table, to drink my water and to mess around on the internet with the laptop which is sitting on the kitchen table.

I'm sitting there, minding my own business when I hear a loud "thunk" which scares the hell out of my dog who was sleeping on the couch in the den.

I get up, grab my Glock 19 and go to investigate. I discover that something that was sitting on top of my TV is now in the middle of the floor 10ft. from the TV.

I instantly get chills up my spine and goosebumps. The article in question was flung off the top of the TV with force. It didn't just fall off accidentally, it was forcefully thrown off...

So I'm standing there in the middle of the room in CQB ready in a sense of bewilderment when I suddenly get the feeling that there is a 'presence' in the room.

Wonderful. I have a poltergeist.

Needless to say, I can't go back to sleep.

Morgan

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 12:07:55 AM »
Sindawe -

I believe you're thinking of Ruby Gulch.  Lots of old mines there, and several have NOT been sealed.  One intact mine, not far from the Peak to Peak, has been a bear den in winter.

I've hiked and camped up there since I was a small child (a day hike just last weekend), and always found a sense of peace and timelessness, a sort of connection with history and nature - never anything the least bit sinister.  I actually prefer the deeper part of the gulch.  Of course, I like to go for night hikes, and I like being alone - maybe it was ME you were sensing Wink.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2005, 12:57:08 AM »
Count me as a big sceptic.

Was at my parents house few days ago and was watching 'The Mothman Prophecies' whilst my mother engaged in one of her countless hobbies (she was sewing beads on a lampshade for some reason) Film was silly so we got to talking about supernatural stuff.

About 7-8 years ago I was living at home and doing school exams and my mum had a friend across the road whose husband suddenly got sick and was diagnosed with cancer just after Christmas. He died at home in February in his forties. Mum's friend went away for a while and I did some house sitting. Didn't like the house. Big Victorian-style terrace, with high, high ceilings and generally very murky and dark.

Mum's friend moved out couple of years later and a policeman and his wife (apparently one of them was top armed response officer for the region) moved in. Did the place up, made it really nice and abruptly left. Never knew why til the other night.

Apparently the policeman used to see a man walk down the alley to the house, go to open the door, but in the totally wrong place for where the key now is,  and walk straight through the closed modern door. He was often seen in the house too.

It wasn't my husband of my mother's friend, it was a much older period than that. Now makes me wonder if the reason the house creeped me out a little had nothing to do with the fact that I was pretty young and a guy I knew a little had recently died in it.

Never given much credence to it, but a good solid English copper with tales like that makes me think twice.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2005, 02:07:32 AM »
Morgan: I dunno about that.  We ( my friends and I) know it for name of the creek that run/drains the valley, and what was at one time a recording studio at its mouth that shares the same name.  I'm loath to name it plainly here, since I do not want it overrun wtih ghost hunters and the like.  And as I said, we NEVER went deep into the canyon at night, so I doubt it was you we sensed.  Though I will admit the name "Ruby Gulch" does feel familiar.  Need to dig out my topo maps of the area to cross check.

At one point in time, 'bout 15-20 years ago there was a pottery pyramid in the upper canyon.  Follow the old road to the hairpin, cross the meadow and up the stream a bit almost to the RR grade, then on the this side of the creek and behind an small rock bluff.  Ring any bells?  Sorry that I can't be more specific, I've only been exactly at the pyramid site twice in 20 years, and the last time was in the middle of a gnarly running battle back and forth across the the creek that spanned an afternoon (http://net.indra.com/~kstager/photo.html)
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 03:25:33 PM »
The other night SWMBO had just gone to bed.  I had settled down in the couch to do a   little chanel surfing.  Suddenly, a loud crash behind me.  Both cats ran through the living room.  I jumped up and began walking around the house.  Absolutely nothing was disturbed.  SWMBO came out of the bedroom and asked what the noise was.  I shrugged and she looked around.  Nothing out of place.  Both cats and both hucritters heard the noise.  Nothing was disturbed anywhere.  Not the first time I have heard crashing noises in the house and finding nothing out of place.  Wierd.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw