Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62883 times)

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2019, 10:37:59 AM »
Add the fact that RBG is back in the hospital into the mix.
Be interesting to see if this makes the dems more desperate
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2019, 10:52:36 AM »
Wait a minute, is Schiff having doubts about impeachment now?

WATCH: Shifty Schiff Suddenly Backpedals His Support for Impeachment
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/11/24/watch-shifty-schiff-suddenly-backpedals-his-support-for-impeachment-n2556989
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2019, 11:16:16 AM »
I think some of the House Dems have realized this is a no win for them.  Their base isn't going to end up disliking Trump more, and when he is not removed by the senate, he'll spin it as "innocent", or "vindicated".  Bad News Network had a decent take on it this week, but whatever the reality on quid pro quo is, politically this cluster is helping the President.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2019, 11:24:46 AM »
I'm shocked  :O that foriegn aid would be contingent upon certain conditions being met!  :rofl:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2019, 10:23:17 PM »
I'm shocked  :O that foriegn aid would be contingent upon certain conditions being met!  :rofl:
I always thought that was amusing as well.  That is big part of any foreign policy.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2019, 02:52:42 PM »
If at first you don't succeed, try try again

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler announced Tuesday afternoon he will hold his first impeachment inquiry hearing next week. This comes as he considers what articles of impeachment to draft based on "evidence" from House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff.

They Won't Stop: Jerry Nadler Announces Another Impeachment Hearing With a Special Invitation
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/11/26/nadlers-turn-judiciary-to-hold-impeachment-hearing-next-week-n2557111
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2019, 05:16:43 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2019, 05:23:29 PM »
Can they win now? Hold no vote and issue a censure would be the quickest closure, but they would get trashed by their base and Trump.

Hold a vote and send impeachment to the senate, be a total mess for them once the narrative is not closely controlled.

Or! Hold a vote and arrange for it narrowly to fail to provide some at least you tried coverage for their members. In which case i hope the house Republicans unanimously vote to send impeachment to the senate.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2019, 09:46:21 PM »
Can they win now? Hold no vote and issue a censure would be the quickest closure, but they would get trashed by their base and Trump.

Hold a vote and send impeachment to the senate, be a total mess for them once the narrative is not closely controlled.

Or! Hold a vote and arrange for it narrowly to fail to provide some at least you tried coverage for their members. In which case i hope the house Republicans unanimously vote to send impeachment to the senate.

Oh, you are evil.  Evil to the core.  You should have gone into politics.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2019, 09:20:30 AM »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2019, 09:26:32 AM »
https://twitter.com/flyjibs/status/1200225264392921090?s=21

One President to troll over them all

Heh. Yeah - as per link below regarding Tday, "honest mistake". My question is: Why are 100% of the MSM "honest mistakes" negative to Trump. There has not been a single positive "honest mistake". Whether you like or dislike Trump, you have to be pretty blind not to see the overwhelming bias. Plus the eleventy billion views of the false stories and the 17 views of the corrections.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/11/29/more-like-newsweak-newsweek-journo-roasted-after-correcting-her-story-claiming-trump-spent-thanksgiving-golfing-and-tweeting/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2019, 12:10:02 PM »
Schiff is in a hurry
Oh and lets throw Russian AND Ukrainian collusion in for good measure
As Breitbart News reported Friday, House Judiciary Committee chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler has previewed the report, and suggested it will include claims of “collusion” with Russia — as well as Ukraine, Russia’s enemy.

Adam Schiff Gives Democrats Only 24 Hours to Sign Impeachment Report
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/01/adam-schiff-gives-democrats-only-24-hours-to-read-impeachment-report/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2019, 03:01:19 PM »
As Breitbart News reported Friday, House Judiciary Committee chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler has previewed the report, and suggested it will include claims of “collusion” with Russia — as well as Ukraine, Russia’s enemy.

Yeah, make sure you get the Russia accusations in there, just to make sure the report is credible, and the impeachment is for real, non-fabricated charges.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2019, 03:14:43 PM »

Adam Schiff Gives Democrats Only 24 Hours to Sign Impeachment Report
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/01/adam-schiff-gives-democrats-only-24-hours-to-read-impeachment-report/

"We'll just have to pass it to find out what's in it."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2019, 06:23:17 PM »
Dems now want to "get it over with and move on", of course because public opinion is going against them.

The comment "Impeachment by focus group" is just SO apt.

https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2019/12/01/schiffting-gears-youll-never-guess-ok-you-probably-will-what-frustrated-dems-are-ready-to-do-now-on-impeachment/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2019, 06:22:27 PM »
Apparently whether or not a crime even took place is irrelevant, hang the criminal anyway  :facepalm:

Florida Rep. Val Demings maintained that President Trump should be impeached even if the alleged quid pro quo with Ukraine never took place.

Demings, a Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, was asked during an interview on This Week whether it was relevant to the impeachment proceedings that Trump’s request for an investigation into Joe Biden never came to fruition. Host Martha Raddatz noted that no investigation into the Bidens ever happened and Ukraine received its military aid anyway, but Demings maintained that it was irrelevant.

“You’re going to make me go back to my law enforcement experience. I had an opportunity in 27 years to deal with a lot of people who attempted to rob a bank, attempted to burglarize a house, attempted to carjack an individual,” Demings said. “We didn’t say, ‘Well, since you weren’t successful, we caught you, you weren’t successful so let’s just let you go and forget it.”
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/12/03/the-vanishing-smoking-gun-n2557381
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2019, 10:01:02 PM »
Apparently whether or not a crime even took place is irrelevant, hang the criminal anyway  :facepalm:

Was there a crime? I'm still waiting for the Ds to explain exactly what "high crime or misdemeanor" Trump is supposed to have committed. I doubt if I look through the U.S. Code and the Code of Federal Regulations that I'll find "quid pro quo" or "investigate possible favoritism by Vice President" in either code.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2019, 11:06:56 AM »
The crime is that Hillary isn't president and orange man bad.
Let's get with the program.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2019, 03:50:09 PM »
"Objective"

The law professor Democrats invited to provide obviously objective and fair analysis at today's impeachment hearing once explained how she had to cross the street rather than simply walking by the Trump hotel.

lol.pic.twitter.com/6BXMpkX5IT

— Jason Howerton (@jason_howerton) December 4, 2019
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/12/04/totally-objective-and-fair-impeachment-witness-pamela-karlan-had-to-cross-the-street-to-avoid-a-trump-hotel-video/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2019, 03:53:36 PM »
More Pamela Karlan

In case it weren’t already clear that today’s impeachment proceedings are a farce, check out this from witness and Stanford Law prof Pamela Karlan:

"I am a scholar of the law of democracy." pic.twitter.com/8KZjXvJ0R0

— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) December 4, 2019

A what?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2019, 05:34:29 PM »
This is a peach of a witness. In various stories I've read she has:

Stated (in an interview a while back) that she has to cross the street when she approaches a building with Trump's name on it.  I watched the video. No Trump bias there at all.  ;/

During testimony, says that when Trump uses "us" he means "the royal we" because he thinks he's a king.

His son Barron really isn't a baron.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/impeachment-hearing-witness-invokes-barron-trump

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2019, 08:31:54 AM »
So from what I have seen, only catching snippets of the hearings, they had three law professors who all have documented anti-Trump biases and are staunch "dems can do no wrong" democrats. At least two of them have full blown, clinical TDS and have been calling for impeachment and making other emotional "orange man bad" remarks in resurfaced videos and social media since the election.

Only one law professor was called (by the Rs) who did not have an anti-Trump bias. I don't know if he has a "pro-Trump" bias or is unbiased. Still, three to one is a fair hearing?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2019, 09:35:56 AM »
Here we go

BREAKING: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi: "Today, I am asking our chairman to proceed with articles of impeachment." https://t.co/yMg0trFZ0O pic.twitter.com/038nBeYEdv
    — ABC News (@ABC) December 5, 2019

BREAKING: It's Official, Nancy Pelosi Calls for Articles of Impeachment Against President Trump
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/12/05/pelosi-n2557536
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »
And she did so making the further allusions to "King Trump", "Monarch Trump", just like the TDS law professor did yesterday. Tell me that's not coordinated PR.

The speech was heavy on "Founding Fathers", Declaration of Independence", and "King of England" stuff. Suddenly the dems are pro- Founding Fathers and pro-Constitution as written, vs "fluid document".

Oh, also - I guess being "prayerful" is also okay now.