Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62968 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2019, 09:52:29 AM »
"The president's actions have seriously violated the Constitution

Still waiting to hear when and how unless butt hurting libs is unconstitutional, what section is that in?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2019, 09:55:58 AM »
Still waiting to hear when and how unless butt hurting libs is unconstitutional, what section is that in?

They confuse a sport with being unconstitutional.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2019, 10:40:33 AM »
Besides the question of what exactly did he do we have the question of how long are they going to drag this part out?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2019, 10:49:01 AM »
More on that Baron/Barron business

A minor child deserves privacy and should be kept out of politics. Pamela Karlan, you should be ashamed of your very angry and obviously biased public pandering, and using a child to do it.

— Melania Trump (@FLOTUS) December 4, 2019

Yes they should.
But
It's apparently okay to pull him in because Trump

Two obvious points: Going after kids is rightly a nono in politics; and this first point would have more weight here, if not for the obvious: the husband of Melania who rightly calls for us to #BeBest, is too often at his absolute worst, disrespecting everyone and anyone. https://t.co/6cXD5aghzF

— Christopher C. Cuomo (@ChrisCuomo) December 4, 2019

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/12/05/chris-cuomo-says-going-after-kids-is-rightly-a-nono-in-politics-but-melania-shouldnt-be-too-upset-by-pamela-karlans-lame-barron-joke-because-shes-donald-trumps-wife/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2019, 11:52:27 AM »
Don't mess with me!
video towards the end of article

'Don’t Mess With Me!: Nancy Pelosi Snaps at Reporter Who Asks If She Hates Trump
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2019/12/05/nancy-pelosi-snaps-at-reporter-who-asks-if-she-hates-trump-dont-mess-with-me-n2557549
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2019, 12:00:37 PM »
Don't mess with me!

'Don’t Mess With Me!: Nancy Pelosi Snaps at Reporter Who Asks If She Hates Trump
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2019/12/05/nancy-pelosi-snaps-at-reporter-who-asks-if-she-hates-trump-dont-mess-with-me-n2557549
So that would be a "yes".
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2019, 12:29:01 PM »
This Baron/Barron stuff found a new low

Cheri Jacobus

@CheriJacobus
Replying to @FLOTUS

Sure, Pumpkin.  Let's not exploit kids like you and your husband did after this baby's parents were gunned down because the GOP is addicted to blood money from the NRA, you ghoulish hypocrite.
View image on Twitter
5:17 PM - Dec 4, 2019

And then Jacobus digs the hole a bit deeper after a reply to that

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/12/05/yikes-ville-cheri-jacobus-attacks-melania-for-defending-barron-then-fully-melts-down-when-called-out-by-jessica-fletcher/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2019, 01:07:35 PM »
Don't mess with me!

Trump responds

Nancy Pelosi just had a nervous fit. She hates that we will soon have 182 great new judges and sooo much more. Stock Market and employment records. She says she “prays for the President.” I don’t believe her, not even close. Help the homeless in your district Nancy. USMCA?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 5, 2019

[popcorn]
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2019, 11:26:30 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2019, 01:55:32 PM »
More on that Baron/Barron business

Yes they should.
But
It's apparently okay to pull him in because Trump

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/12/05/chris-cuomo-says-going-after-kids-is-rightly-a-nono-in-politics-but-melania-shouldnt-be-too-upset-by-pamela-karlans-lame-barron-joke-because-shes-donald-trumps-wife/

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/04/pamela-karlan-apologizes-for-invoking-barron-trump-but-urges-president-to-say-sorry-too/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Prof. Pamela Karlan Forced to ‘Apologize' for Mocking Barron Trump

I also remember hearing that lady was on the short list of Supreme Court nominations if Hillary had been elected.  Thankfully we avoided that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2019, 02:49:06 PM »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/04/pamela-karlan-apologizes-for-invoking-barron-trump-but-urges-president-to-say-sorry-too/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Prof. Pamela Karlan Forced to ‘Apologize' for Mocking Barron Trump

Not much of an apology:

Pamela Karlan: "I want to apologize for what I said earlier about the president's son. It was wrong of me to do that. I wish the president would apologize, obviously, for the things that he's done that's wrong, but I do regret having said that."

I don't consider that an unconditional apology. That's virtue signaling masquerading as an apology. "See, I'm a better person than Trump. I can apologize, but he won't."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2019, 03:44:41 PM »
Not much of an apology:

I don't consider that an unconditional apology. That's virtue signaling masquerading as an apology. "See, I'm a better person than Trump. I can apologize, but he won't."

Everything I've heard or read that comes out of her mouth indicates she is an arrogant, selfish, hateful, and just all around awful person.

The idea that she might have been a Supreme Court justice is almost horrifying.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2019, 03:59:00 PM »
Everything I've heard or read that comes out of her mouth indicates she is an arrogant, selfish, hateful, and just all around awful person.

The idea that she might have been a Supreme Court justice is almost horrifying.
You got that right.  Courts full of partisan hacks like that would do a pretty good job of destroying our country as we know it.  I think about all the bad court precedent we have now.  It would get much worse.  The letter of the law would be meaningless. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2019, 04:00:27 PM »
I think they might have him now!

https://babylonbee.com/news/bombshell-report-reveals-trump-been-mooching-off-pences-netflix-account-this-whole-time
Bombshell Report Reveals Trump Has Been Mooching Off Pence's Netflix Account For Years

"This is clearly an impeachable offense," said an unbiased constitutional scholar working at the Destroy Donald Trump Foundation, testifying before the House Judiciary Committee. "Trump has offered Pence a clear quid pro quo, granting him the VP role in exchange for access to Stranger Things, Breaking Bad, and The Office."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2019, 08:46:41 AM »
I think they might have him now!

https://babylonbee.com/news/bombshell-report-reveals-trump-been-mooching-off-pences-netflix-account-this-whole-time
Bombshell Report Reveals Trump Has Been Mooching Off Pence's Netflix Account For Years

Obviously false; The Gorilla Channel isn't on Netflix.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2019, 09:10:54 AM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/pelosi-clarifies-shes-not-one-of-those-anti-baby-murder-catholics
Pelosi Clarifies She's Not One Of Those Extremist, Anti-Baby-Murder Catholics

"I'm a Catholic, but not one of those fringe, extremist, anti-baby-murder Catholics," she said. "I'm the more mainstream, kill-your-baby-any-time-you-want kind of Catholic. I base my beliefs on the teachings of Christ, who called us to love everybody except the preborn who can't protect themselves. Obviously they're excluded."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2019, 09:43:30 AM »
Two charges filed, obstruction of Congress and abuse of power

Democrats claim the abuse of power stems from President Trump’s July 25 phone call with the president of Ukraine about corruption investigations. The obstruction charge, they argue, is justified due to the White House blocking witnesses from testifying. Keep in mind Schiff and Nadler could have gone to the courts to compel witnesses and in a rush to impeach, refused.

BREAKING: Democrats Officially File Articles of Impeachment, Here are the Charges
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/12/10/impeachment-articles-n2557743
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2019, 10:04:52 AM »

BREAKING: Democrats Officially File Articles of Impeachment, Here are the Charges
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/12/10/impeachment-articles-n2557743

Well, I guess Trump doesn't need to spend any more money on his 2020 campaign, because this will probably make him a shoe-in.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2019, 10:06:49 AM »
The feeling is settled
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2019, 11:22:16 AM »
At my Tuesday weekly pre-work coffee group, the whole impeachment process was brought up, the group is mix of political beliefs but we get along well and can discuss about anything without shouting. One of the folks is a campaign manager for a national office candidate.

They asked me what I thought, I said this has been a sh*t show from the start, everyone agreed with me, even the real liberal democrats. They said it was a sh*t show because of how quickly and shoddy it has been done and basically any future president is screwed regardless of party for the foreseeable future.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2019, 11:38:17 AM »
At my Tuesday weekly pre-work coffee group, the whole impeachment process was brought up, the group is mix of political beliefs but we get along well and can discuss about anything without shouting. One of the folks is a campaign manager for a national office candidate.

They asked me what I thought, I said this has been a sh*t show from the start, everyone agreed with me, even the real liberal democrats. They said it was a sh*t show because of how quickly and shoddy it has been done and basically any future president is screwed regardless of party for the foreseeable future.

History of Rome podcast recently revived (because the originator has a book out) and talked about how norm-breaking works out, given the constant retaliation with breaking further norms.

The Democrats were warned about this crap. It appears they have no desire to step back from the brink, despite whining about how the last breaking of norms really hurt them now that they don't have power as a minority in the Senate. (The murder turtle smiles.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2019, 12:56:47 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2019, 01:44:39 PM »
History of Rome podcast recently revived (because the originator has a book out) and talked about how norm-breaking works out, given the constant retaliation with breaking further norms.

The Democrats were warned about this crap. It appears they have no desire to step back from the brink, despite whining about how the last breaking of norms really hurt them now that they don't have power as a minority in the Senate. (The murder turtle smiles.)
That is a good point.  Our system works (sort of) because if people don't like it, they wait for the next election and our system is not designed to allow the minority party some power.  However, if the new "process" is to impeach whoever gets elected, that will change things.  We will never be able to function with Congress in the hands of one party and the President from a different party.

I also worry about these wackos who protest and harrass elected officials at their homes and in public.  What happens when elected officials fear for their lives after they are no longer in office?  These people talk about officials refusing to give up power.  That is how that happens.  That is what happened with Julius Caesar in part.  He knew if he gave up his army, he would be prosecuted and executed so he crossed the Rubicon.  The Roman Republic was pretty much already dead, but that is a good example.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2019, 02:47:17 PM »
MechAg, why would protesting officials make them fearful of what happens when they're out of power?

Keep in mind that a well-known tactic of colonial-era patriots was to intimidate people out of taking controversial govt. jobs.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2019, 03:14:15 PM »

I'm not sure how much of a difference this will make to voters, or in terms of "dividing the country." It may be, legally, something the Democrats are doing for the first time, but in real-world terms, it's just another avatar of the Get Trump campaign they've been running since the election. They tried to pressure the Electoral College. They had a Special Counsel. They trotted out one faux scandal after another. They had a bunch of shrinks declare him unfit. They floated the 25th amendment thing. Somebody even tried to have him impeached by petition. So what's new here?