Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62960 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2019, 07:56:42 PM »
MechAg, why would protesting officials make them fearful of what happens when they're out of power?

Keep in mind that a well-known tactic of colonial-era patriots was to intimidate people out of taking controversial govt. jobs.
I guess I am concerned that the left's tactics continue to escalate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2019, 08:22:08 PM »
I'm a little surprised the antifa clowns haven't escalated to throwing molotov cocktails at the subjects of their angst.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2019, 08:33:04 PM »
I'm a little surprised the antifa clowns haven't escalated to throwing molotov cocktails at the subjects of their angst.

Wait till the day after the election
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2019, 09:13:53 AM »
Guess who they blame   :facepalm:

Cue The Eye Rolls: MSNBC Panel Knows Why Trump Impeachment Polling Hasn’t Moved
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/12/11/cue-the-eye-rolls-msnbc-panel-knows-why-trump-impeachment-polling-hasnt-moved-n2557811
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2019, 09:37:48 AM »
Guess who they blame   :facepalm:

Cue The Eye Rolls: MSNBC Panel Knows Why Trump Impeachment Polling Hasn’t Moved
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/12/11/cue-the-eye-rolls-msnbc-panel-knows-why-trump-impeachment-polling-hasnt-moved-n2557811
Press charges against them for Obstruction of Congress.  =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2019, 09:02:50 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/trumps-popularity-rises-after-revelation-he-obstructed-congress
Trump's Popularity Surges After Nation Learns He May Have Obstructed Congress

"Any president who stops Congress from doing their jobs is a hero in my book," said one voter in Ohio. "I wasn't sure I supported Trump at first, but when the Dems accused him of hindering Congress, I boarded the Trump train immediately."

"ALL ABOARD! CHOO CHOO! MAGA!" he yelled, donning his brand-new MAGA hat.

At publishing time, Trump was looking for ways to obstruct both the judicial and executive branches, further increasing his popularity.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2019, 10:19:14 PM »
Yeah, but wait 'til he obstructs HOAs.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2019, 08:25:52 AM »
So I watched an unedited clip of Ted Cruz directly asking, "Did the FBI falsify records to obtain a FISA warrant?" Answer, "Yes".

Is this not akin to you getting pulled over, and a cop planting heroin in your car? If found out, aren't you immediately cleared (even if you're a known heroin dealer, let alone innocent) and the cop, and maybe his department, brought up on charges?

One would think direct evidence such as this would end things immediately, but instead, we have Nadler saying, "We have to impeach no matter what - we can't let this go until the next election." Implying that Trump would win the election. We are clearly in Third World territory at this point, where citizens "can't be trusted" to do what an entrenched government wants.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2019, 09:50:53 AM »
Says to me that they feel that if they can't remove Trump from office By Hook Or By Crook then 2020 is a lost cause for the dems

"We cannot rely on an election to solve our problems when the president threatens the very integrity of that election," Nadler said during his opening statement. "Nor can we sit on our hands while the President undermines our national security—and while he allows his personal interests and the interests of our adversary Russia to advance."

Still beating that Russian drum. But wait, I thought he was conspiring with the Ukrainians now? Make up your minds!

Jerry Nadler Just Said We Can't 'Trust an Election' to Get Rid of President Trump
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/12/12/jerry-nadler-just-said-we-cant-trust-an-election-to-get-rid-of-president-trump-n2557874
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2019, 11:09:36 AM »
Says to me that they feel that if they can't remove Trump from office By Hook Or By Crook then 2020 is a lost cause for the dems

Still beating that Russian drum. But wait, I thought he was conspiring with the Ukrainians now? Make up your minds!

Jerry Nadler Just Said We Can't 'Trust an Election' to Get Rid of President Trump
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/12/12/jerry-nadler-just-said-we-cant-trust-an-election-to-get-rid-of-president-trump-n2557874

That comment alone should scare the hell out of every American. Congress has decided they get to choose who gets to hold office.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2019, 11:19:39 AM »
That comment alone should scare the hell out of every American. Congress has decided they get to choose who gets to hold office.

Also, at this point, is there any reason that when the next Democrat president is elected, R's should not start impeachment proceedings the day after that president is sworn in? I mean, this is kinda where we are - elections don't count if you don't like the winner.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2019, 11:23:50 AM »
Also, very interesting timelapse video of the first hour of the FISA and impeachment hearings. Pretty hard to defend MSM regarding bias and editing after watching it.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1204880963676848129

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »
Also, at this point, is there any reason that when the next Democrat president is elected, R's should not start impeachment proceedings the day after that president is sworn in? I mean, this is kinda where we are - elections don't count if you don't like the winner.

Isn't the general consensus that this circus will hurt the Democrats more than it helps them?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2019, 11:38:08 AM »
Isn't the general consensus that this circus will hurt the Democrats more than it helps them?

Yes, but R's are also known for doing things that hurt them more than help. And really, it's not about Ds vs Rs - it's about a country going in a direction where elections don't matter if enough people and people in positions of influence don't like the results. Again, this is Third World territory.

I had to suck it up for eight years of Obama, and various other dems before him. I found many of their policies ran from irritating to abhorrent.  My side lost though, and we had to suck it up until the next election, and when the dem won that one, we had to suck it up again. Also, FTR, I was not in favor of impeaching Clinton. That also could have been handled at the ballot box.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2019, 06:46:34 PM »
Also, very interesting timelapse video of the first hour of the FISA and impeachment hearings. Pretty hard to defend MSM regarding bias and editing after watching it.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1204880963676848129
I heard in one of the hearings CNN was pulling out when R's were asking questions and returning when Dem's did.  Pretty ridiculous bias.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2019, 08:35:30 PM »

The leftists have pretty much been running the table against the right for decades.

Half of those on "the right" aren't even really on the right.

They are the "not so fast" progressives who think they are conservative but are kidding themselves.

Sometimes they call themselves libertarians.

Never underestimate leftists.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2019, 01:25:16 PM »
Also, FTR, I was not in favor of impeaching Clinton. That also could have been handled at the ballot box.

Which Clinton?
If the government were functioning properly, Congress would impeach Hillary Clinton, not refer her misconduct to the same administration that indulged it in the first place.
:laugh: :lol: :laugh:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2019, 08:51:08 AM »
Which Clinton?

The only one who ever got elected President. :)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #193 on: December 14, 2019, 08:54:37 AM »
Interesting in the "What is "is"?" vein.

Several dems (along with that awful, awful Stanford woman) have been pushing the "Trump thinks he's a king" line. It apparently stems from the statement quoted here, which in full context, is obviously referring to the United States of America, not some "royal we" bullpucky. The lying here is atrocious.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-cnn-fact-check-democrats-misquoted-call-zelensky-mark-up-escobar-jackson-lee

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #194 on: December 17, 2019, 12:17:56 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-democrats-vow-to-continue-impeachment-investigations-regardless-of-senate-outcome?itm_source=parsely-api

At first I thought I was reading The Babylon Bee.

Nope.

They're serious.

Five more years of "impeachment inquiry", hooray!
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2019, 12:23:53 PM »
Rename CSPAN the Impeachment Channel. All Impeachment, All the Time.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2019, 04:00:52 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2019, 11:46:01 AM »
Noticed a lot of news sites have the word "historic" in their impeachment vote article headlines just like whenever Obama did anything it was always "HISTORIC!"

Getting some popcorn ready for the libs reaction when they find out Trump is still president after they vote for impeachment. But he was impeached!  :rofl:  I would say something like 90%+ have zero clue what impeachment actually means
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2019, 01:20:55 PM »
I think they're just misspelling histeric.  Like somebody snuck in and tampered with their spell check dictionary.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2019, 07:46:07 PM »
Could it be they're getting cold feet at the last minute because they maybe they have realized how foolish they're going to look in the Senate?

This seems nuts. Republicans are supposed to be pressured into begging for an impeachment trial? From WP: 'Some House Democrats push Pelosi to withhold impeachment articles, delay Senate trial.' pic.twitter.com/HXjRDsFm8b

— Byron York (@ByronYork) December 18, 2019

‘This seems nuts’: Byron York weighs in on the House possibly withholding the articles of impeachment
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/12/18/this-seems-nuts-byron-york-weighs-in-on-the-house-possibly-withholding-the-articles-of-impeachment/
- Calvin and Hobbes