Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62906 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2019, 08:57:31 PM »
Well, the house just voted to impeach with minutes to spare in the session.

Now, as pointed out above, the dems want to try and put it on the backburner and drag it out, apparently in hopes of getting a senate majority next year, then voting in the senate. It's a travesty.  I say again, from now on, whenever a dem is elected president and we don't like it, we need to start impeachment the day after they're sworn in, because apparently voting no longer counts in this country.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #201 on: December 18, 2019, 08:57:44 PM »
After nearly 12 hours of debate on the House floor Wednesday, Democrats voted to approve articles of impeachment against President Trump. The vote on the Article I, abuse of power, came down 230-197-1 (present). The second vote on Article II, obstruction of Congress, is ongoing.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/12/18/impeachment-vote-n2558216
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2019, 10:03:43 PM »
Remember this was a somber event that dems only undertook with heavy hearts.

While Pelosi silences the claps, she herself looks like she's trying not to smile.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/12/18/so-solemn-speaker-nancy-pelosi-has-to-hush-democrats-from-cheering-trumps-impeachment/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #204 on: December 18, 2019, 10:44:27 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/several-democrats-defect-impeachment-gop-holds-together

Reps. Jeff Van Drew, D-N.J., and Collin Peterson, D-Minn., voted against both articles of impeachment. Rep. Jared Golden, D-Maine, voted in favor of impeaching Trump on abuse of power, but not on obstruction of Congress.

Another Democrat, presidential candidate and Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, voted "present" on both impeachment resolutions.

Interesting decision on Gabbard's part.  Trying to walk a tightrope?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #205 on: December 18, 2019, 10:49:11 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/several-democrats-defect-impeachment-gop-holds-together

Cowardice, a Dem trying to be a Republican, at least that is how my friends from Hawaii see her.

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2019, 10:50:01 PM »
Well, the house just voted to impeach with minutes to spare in the session.

Now, as pointed out above, the dems want to try and put it on the backburner and drag it out, apparently in hopes of getting a senate majority next year, then voting in the senate. It's a travesty.  I say again, from now on, whenever a dem is elected president and we don't like it, we need to start impeachment the day after they're sworn in, because apparently voting no longer counts in this country.

What would that accomplish? Are they conceding the election to Trump?

It raises an interesting point, in my mind: The President serves a term of four years. He can be re-elected for an additional four-year term, but it's a new term, and he takes the oath of office for a second time if he (or she) wins a second term. Therefore, it's a new presidency. Can the new President be removed from office for alleged high crimes or misdemeanors supposedly committed during the preceding term? Are articles of impeachment adopted by a former House still valid after the makeup of the House and the Senate have changed?

The Constitution doesn't appear to have an answer:

Article 2, Section 4:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

I think if I really parse it down to basics, "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." Misdeeds in one term don't carry forward to allow removal from a second term. After all, if Trump were to not run and Pence were elected President, the articles of impeachment would be null and void upon the swearing in of the new President. Why is that not the case if the new President happens to have the same name as the previous President?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #207 on: December 18, 2019, 10:56:42 PM »

That's Obama level chickenshit.  The Dem establishment already hates her,  I can't see that being beneficial to her goals.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #208 on: December 18, 2019, 10:57:29 PM »
I say again, from now on, whenever a dem is elected president and we don't like it, we need to start impeachment the day after they're sworn in, because apparently voting no longer counts in this country.

No no no.

First we riot in the streets, smash windows, commit arson, loot shops, and assault innocent people.

Then we try to muck around with the Electoral College, pressure the faithless electors to switch their votes.

Then we try to get the President removed via the 25th Amendment.

Then we impeach.

If you're going to follow the Left's playbook, you have to follow all of it.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #209 on: December 18, 2019, 11:05:58 PM »
Not my impeachment
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2019, 11:11:56 PM »
Sigh

Fifty years from now, if you're still alive and have grandkids, they'll ask what it was like the night the House of Representatives had to impeach a President of the United States for violating his Oath of Office, threatening U.S. national security, and undermining our democracy.

— Seth Abramson (@SethAbramson) December 19, 2019
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/12/18/newsweek-columnist-imagining-grandchildren-50-years-from-now-asking-about-trumps-impeachment/

I expected this moment but I expected to be more joyful. Maybe jump up & do a happy dance. Maybe.

But I’m just sad and heartbroken. What he’s left behind can’t be erased with this vote.

The bigotry and xenophobia he’s emboldened. The lies.

It will take generations to recover.

— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) December 19, 2019
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/12/18/alyssa-milanos-just-sad-and-heartbroken-it-will-take-generations-to-recover-from-president-trump/

She apparently thinks he just got removed from office. I want to be the one to tell her
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• friend
« Reply #211 on: December 18, 2019, 11:25:54 PM »
Sigh
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/12/18/newsweek-columnist-imagining-grandchildren-50-years-from-now-asking-about-trumps-impeachment/
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/12/18/alyssa-milanos-just-sad-and-heartbroken-it-will-take-generations-to-recover-from-president-trump/

She apparently thinks he just got removed from office. I want to be the one to tell her

Because just maybe somewhere in her small reptilian brain a couple of synapses have fired and she "knows" this is not the end, she just can't make herself say it. :)

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #212 on: December 18, 2019, 11:41:48 PM »
More games
She knows it will die in the senate

Speaker Nancy Pelosi warned the House may not immediately transmit articles of impeachment to the Senate out of concerns Republicans won't conduct impartial proceedings at a trial.

Pelosi refused to commit to any timeline for sending the articles, which is required to begin the impeachment trial.

"So far, we haven't seen anything that looks fair to us," Pelosi told reporters shortly after the House approved two articles of impeachment against Trump. "But right now, the president is impeached."

Well, that’s not your call, Nancy. Your party is not the majority in the senate. We’re the majority. And we’re going to end this clown show. The longer you hang onto this the more popular Trump becomes and the more key swing states Democrats need to win in 2020 fall further out of reach. So, please, keep playing this game. Oh, and removing Trump from office requires 67 Senators. This just isn’t in the works.
EXTORTION: Nancy Pelosi Threatens to Withhold Impeachment Articles from Senate Republicans
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/12/18/extortion-nancy-pelosi-threatens-to-withhold-impeachment-articles-from-senate-republicans-n2558266
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #213 on: December 18, 2019, 11:54:39 PM »
More games
EXTORTION: Nancy Pelosi Threatens to Withhold Impeachment Articles from Senate Republicans
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/12/18/extortion-nancy-pelosi-threatens-to-withhold-impeachment-articles-from-senate-republicans-n2558266

I kind of wonder if that would accomplish anything.  This impeachment stuff has increased Trump's approval and donations.  It seems to me that allowing it to drag on and fester isn't going to hurt him.  Also, it would be pretty apparent that she is the one holding things up.  I am just not seeing how this helps her. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2019, 12:33:42 AM »
More games

We should impeach her for Obstruction of the Senate.

griz

• friend
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2019, 07:12:54 AM »
We should impeach her for Obstruction of the Senate.

Either that or have the Senate acquit the defendant for failure of the prosecution to present a case.  You know, speedy trial, like it says in that constitution thing that was so important yesterday.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2019, 08:26:00 AM »
"Not fair to us". Just like the election. They lost, so it wasn't fair. It's only a fair process if they have a guaranteed win in the Senate.

I don't want to jinx it, but I can't help but think Trump is going to end up with a Reagan-like win in 2020.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2019, 08:37:27 AM »
"Not fair to us". Just like the election. They lost, so it wasn't fair. It's only a fair process if they have a guaranteed win in the Senate.

I don't want to jinx it, but I can't help but think Trump is going to end up with a Reagan-like win in 2020.

The longer she waits the more it looks like a frivolous prosecution. That in turn will anger some people, it will probably anger more than it mollifies and while it may not be a Reagan-like win I think it will still be epic. She thought she was between a rock and a hard spot before, now it is between two steel plates and the augers are moving them closer together. While disgusted at the behaviour  of the Dems I am also kind of looking forward to the next few days.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2019, 09:27:11 AM »
"For the billionth time! Reporters don't root for a side!" Get it through your heads stupid redneck flyover country!

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/12/19/democracy-dies-at-happy-hour-wapos-rachael-bade-tweets-pic-of-wapo-team-celebrating-impeachmas-tries-deleting/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2019, 09:33:02 AM »
Impeachment is a bit historic since it hasn't happened that often, but when it there was never proof of any crime/misdemeanor brought forward and there was a never any hope it would be approved in the Senate, it is a bit hollow and empty.  I don't see where it is something to celebrate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2019, 09:49:28 AM »
I can't, even with my most feverish thoughts, figure out how she believes that this would be any kind of leverage against the Senate at all.

Polls aren't exactly trending their way, and the more she waits the more it's going to look like exactly what we all know it is.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2019, 11:35:16 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2019, 11:45:06 AM »

I would say that as of right now it's 80/20 in favor of that. But don't forget Hillary was ordering new carpet for the WH the morning of Nov 8 2016
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2019, 01:07:30 PM »
Hang him!

Listen to what Majority Whip James Clyburn just said about Trump:

"Let's give him a fair trial, and hang him". pic.twitter.com/HTiCne7Q7C

— Benny (@bennyjohnson) December 19, 2019
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/12/19/violent-rhetoric-alert-dem-rep-james-clyburn-on-donald-trumps-impeachment-lets-give-him-a-fair-trial-and-hang-him-video/
- Calvin and Hobbes