Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62941 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2019, 01:09:16 PM »
Hang him!
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/12/19/violent-rhetoric-alert-dem-rep-james-clyburn-on-donald-trumps-impeachment-lets-give-him-a-fair-trial-and-hang-him-video/

I was almost going to post that, but when I listened to it, it appears someone did some editing. I'd like to hear the whole thing in context.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2019, 01:14:04 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2019, 01:16:08 PM »
I was almost going to post that, but when I listened to it, it appears someone did some editing. I'd like to hear the whole thing in context.

To be sure need to hear what he said a few seconds before the video starts.

Anyhow, he did clearly state he's for holding the articles of impeachment indefinitely until they get want they want out of Mc.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #228 on: December 19, 2019, 01:20:56 PM »
Apparently there was tons of hooting and drumming and virtual signaling from various elements of the media... All of whom are studiously unbiased, of course...

They don't seem to comprehend that, in the grand scheme of things, impeaching Trump means absolutely nothing, and might very well backfire on them spectacularly.

They're apparently too overwhelmed by the moment of glorious joy to see their funeral pyre blazing gloriously in the distance.

When Trump is cleared by the Senate (and that's IF Nancy has the guts to actually move the articles to the Senate), is Rachel Maddow going to go on air and cry again?

Is woman (oh god, I'm assuming gender!) from the post going to post a picture of the funeral of their hopes and dreams?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-impeachment-media-reaction-reelection

This is all starting to get very, very interesting...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #229 on: December 19, 2019, 01:23:25 PM »
"Anyhow, he did clearly state he's for holding the articles of impeachment indefinitely until they get want they want out of Mc."

Oh please, please PLEASE let them do that...

Not the getting what they want, part... the holding part... Again, I can't see how they can even remotely think that holding the articles helps them.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #230 on: December 19, 2019, 01:30:11 PM »
We're not going to release the prisoner to the court until we're given a guarantee he will be found guilty and hung for robbing the bank despite the fact no money was found on him and the bank isn't missing any money
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #231 on: December 19, 2019, 01:53:05 PM »
We're not going to release the prisoner to the court until we're given a guarantee he will be found guilty and hung for robbing the bank despite the fact no money was found on him and the bank isn't missing any money

Pretty much.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2019, 02:15:01 PM »

Except that there's no prisoner to release to the court. He hasn't been arrested, he's not in custody, and there's no bail.

I think the D's in the House are idiots. The House and the Senate are separate chambers of the Congress. The House has done its thing -- they don't get to tell the Senate how to do the Senate's thing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2019, 03:50:56 PM »
I thought the dems and MSM were suddenly in love with the Constitution and Founding Fathers. Now they're back to hating those stupid evil white men and their Republic:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/12/19/wapo-analysis-returns-to-previous-spin-now-that-house-dems-are-done-wrapping-themselves-in-the-constitution-on-behalf-of-founders-and-republic/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2019, 04:14:57 PM »

That's spot on, and not just with impeachment. That's the Left's attitude toward the Constitution, America in general, Christianity, science, racial equality and everything else. They're staunch defenders of all those things, when they're not busy destroying them.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #236 on: December 19, 2019, 05:51:51 PM »
Well, Hoyer just announced that the most urgent and critical event in US history will be put off until after January 7th. They've all gotta get home for Christmas non-secular diversity time.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #237 on: December 19, 2019, 09:22:58 PM »
So apparently if the articles of impeachment aren't sent to the Senate technically the President wasn't impeached...

The House has voted to impeach him but hasn't actually performed the final stage of impeachment.

Seriously, banana republic clown world politics.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #238 on: December 19, 2019, 09:41:44 PM »
So I guess they want to start setting Pence up so they can impeach him when he becomes President after they get rid of Trump. At least according to their plan, which is blowing up in their faces. At any rate it maybe tells you it's not just about Trump, but about dems not accepting lost elections.

Tinfoil firmly in place, I will say that in the extremely, extremely, extremely small chance that they could remove Trump, if they immediately tried to impeach Pence, it might be "Sun's out, guns out" time.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/12/19/rep-adam-schiff-has-more-evidence-this-time-implicating-mike-pence-in-ukraine-scandal/

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #239 on: December 19, 2019, 10:05:36 PM »
So I guess they want to start setting Pence up so they can impeach him when he becomes President after they get rid of Trump. At least according to their plan, which is blowing up in their faces. At any rate it maybe tells you it's not just about Trump, but about dems not accepting lost elections.

Tinfoil firmly in place, I will say that in the extremely, extremely, extremely small chance that they could remove Trump, if they immediately tried to impeach Pence, it might be "Sun's out, guns out" time.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/12/19/rep-adam-schiff-has-more-evidence-this-time-implicating-mike-pence-in-ukraine-scandal/

Guns out against who?

The public face of the powers that be are nearly untouchable and the ones calling the shots behind the scenes are unknown.

We don't want to be puppits manipulated to fight other puppets.

For example, county sheriff's with locals fighting against National guardsmen is a fight missing the actual real enemy.

What if the real enemy said "why don't you and him fight" and "you and him" said nah... don't think so?

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #240 on: December 19, 2019, 10:47:23 PM »
I'd love to see them hold the articles of impeachment until after the election, and then have them try to kick Trump out of office after the inauguration for the next term. I can see Trump's response now:

"Impeach me? For what? Those articles are for the former President Trump. I'm the new President Trump -- those don't apply to me."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #241 on: December 19, 2019, 11:05:03 PM »
I'd love to see them hold the articles of impeachment until after the election, and then have them try to kick Trump out of office after the inauguration for the next term. I can see Trump's response now:

"Impeach me? For what? Those articles are for the former President Trump. I'm the new President Trump -- those don't apply to me."

The D's would only try that if they were somehow able to retake the majority in the Senate.  That way they could at least control the process and narrative.  They'd still fail to convict since they'd have to hold all of their own seats (including Alabama) plus swing 20 of the 23 Senate seat the R's have up or they'd still be short of the 67 needed to convict.  No way they get there without massive, and probably blatant fraud.  Their normal level of fraud might make a 1-2 seat net swing.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #242 on: December 19, 2019, 11:08:01 PM »
 Their normal level of fraud might make a 1-2 seat net swing.

I expect the dems to do everything they can to make the 2020 election more normal than normal
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 11:30:26 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #243 on: December 20, 2019, 07:50:56 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken, and I could be, those articles of impeachment DIE when the current Congress ends on 21 January 2021.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #244 on: December 20, 2019, 08:07:23 AM »
Impeachment as a Means to An End, and Not The End Itself …    

The author believes the impeachment was a ploy to get the Mueller grand jury material to use against the President in the campaign.

""The original lower court ruling approved the HJC (House Judiciary Committee) request but limited the scope of the material to only that which Mueller included in his final report.  So it’s not accidental that Nadler’s crew shaped an “obstruction” article considering two-thirds of Mueller’s report was structured around… wait for it…. yep, obstruction.""

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/12/19/impeachment-as-a-means-to-an-end-and-not-the-end-itself/
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Pb

• friend
« Reply #245 on: December 20, 2019, 09:35:05 AM »
Christianity Today has now come out declaring the President should be removed:   ;/

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #246 on: December 20, 2019, 09:45:38 AM »
Christianity Today has now come out declaring the President should be removed:   ;/

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html

Did they give a reason because I'm still waiting on the House to give one?
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2019, 09:46:02 AM »

Sad that the one carrying on a legacy of Billy Graham is such a fool.

But the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.

That is NOT unambiguous. It is, in fact, the issue most people have and BECAUSE:

And, no, Mr. Trump did not have a serious opportunity to offer his side of the story in the House hearings on impeachment.

YOU ARE A GREAT FOOL, Mr. Galli, because the issue of President Trump's MOTIVATION is not clear and that is undoubtedly BECAUSE the Democrats did not want to give him a chance to argue his side.

You are blinded by LIES, Mr. Galli.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2019, 11:50:47 AM »
Quote from: BTR
Christianity Today has now come out declaring the President should be removed:   rolleyes

Did they give a reason because I'm still waiting on the House to give one?

Orange man bad.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #249 on: December 20, 2019, 12:46:54 PM »
Harry Enten explains on CNN that Trump is suddenly surging in the general election polls.

Alisyn Camerota responds, “Do we have any sense why?”

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
pic.twitter.com/gOFEjcN09o
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/12/20/its-a-mystery-cnn-host-asks-analyst-if-he-has-any-sense-why-latest-poll-shows-massive-movement-toward-trump/

- Calvin and Hobbes