Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62934 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #275 on: January 02, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »
Only thing that shocks me about this is him admitting it.

Democrat Rep. Al Green says impeachment began when @realDonaldTrump was running for President.

That should end any question about how impeachment is entirely political for Democrats.pic.twitter.com/nfZml9GSPi

— Ronna McDaniel (@GOPChairwoman) December 31, 2019

Something of a complaint further down that the video is out of context and thus doesn't prove anything but that gets slapped down pretty quickly

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/01/02/shocker-democratic-rep-al-green-says-the-genesis-of-impeachment-was-when-donald-trump-was-running-for-president-video/

Democrat Rep. Green: “the genesis of impeachment…was when the president was running for office”
https://youtu.be/Bk7gQfwquAM
https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1212028915818086402/video/1

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #276 on: January 02, 2020, 06:21:10 PM »
Something just occurred to me: do you suppose that Pelosi could be delaying delivery of articles of impeachment to the Senate in an attempt to create leverage for future use if Ginsberg needs to be replaced on the Supreme Court?
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2020, 06:54:03 PM »
Something just occurred to me: do you suppose that Pelosi could be delaying delivery of articles of impeachment to the Senate in an attempt to create leverage for future use if Ginsberg needs to be replaced on the Supreme Court?

Possible ... but I don't think Trump is the guy to be bluffed with a ploy like that. I may be mistaken, but my read is that Trump would look at something like that as a challenge, to which he might just respond, "Bring it on, Nancy!"

And then he'd use it to raise more donations.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #278 on: January 06, 2020, 02:43:54 PM »
Man, what's up with Bolton? Is he going full Bulwark or something?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-bolton-i-will-testify-in-impeachment-trial-if-subpoenaed
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #279 on: January 06, 2020, 06:55:29 PM »
Man, what's up with Bolton? Is he going full Bulwark or something?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-bolton-i-will-testify-in-impeachment-trial-if-subpoenaed

It's hard to say for sure.  Bolton did not exactly part on the best terms with Trump.  He might be signaling about some payback.
Then again, he may be a standup guy and throw everything back in the Democrats' faces given the opportunity.
Lot's of folks likely trying to figure out what he would do.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #280 on: January 06, 2020, 10:24:24 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #281 on: January 09, 2020, 08:48:57 AM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/democrats-grasping-at-straws-to-impeach-trump-now-regret-banning-straws
Democrats Grasping At Straws To Impeach Trump Now Regret Banning Straws

"We started grasping for straws but suddenly realized we had banned them a while back," a downcast Nancy Pelosi told reporters. "We really should have seen this coming."

The Democratic leaders tried to reach for paper straws instead, but they instantly crumbled into a fine powder.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #282 on: January 09, 2020, 08:54:08 AM »
If you really want to see a fine case of TDS, click the link below. This guy is an environmental attorney that's a good buddy of Ted Danson's. Writes a semi-monthly opinion column in the Santa Barbara local rag. While you might think this is over the top, it's the kind of thing I listened to every day when I lived there. Before Trump, you could just insert some other non-crazy, non-left topic, and this guy (and all the writers for this paper, really) could turn it into derangement syndrome.

https://www.independent.com/2020/01/08/the-civil-war-never-ended/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #283 on: January 09, 2020, 09:39:50 AM »
If you really want to see a fine case of TDS, click the link below. This guy is an environmental attorney that's a good buddy of Ted Danson's. Writes a semi-monthly opinion column in the Santa Barbara local rag. While you might think this is over the top, it's the kind of thing I listened to every day when I lived there. Before Trump, you could just insert some other non-crazy, non-left topic, and this guy (and all the writers for this paper, really) could turn it into derangement syndrome.

Classic projection

Our current Civil War is experiencing horrific racial and religious casualties/murders of African Americans, Jews, and Latinos, with an increase in attacks on Muslims. Instead of secession, attacks on our democracy and the rule of law have been added to the fight. Trump, his Republican and White Supremacist and Evangelical “soldiers” repeatedly ignore the law and attack our Constitutional democracy.

And then he becomes Mayor of Projection Town

These attacks can prove successful because there are enough Americans who have no understanding of how our form of government works and can carry the Electoral College. Recent surveys revealed that more than a third of us can’t name any of the rights guaranteed under the First Amendment, two-thirds don’t know there are three branches of government, 85 percent have no idea what the “rule of law” is, and 71 percent do not know that our Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

The whole article is delusional projection

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #284 on: January 10, 2020, 12:10:38 AM »
"Dearest Sarah,

I write to inform you that I am safe here in Chicago, though I was attacked by two men with MAGA caps, amidst the howling winds of a snowstorm..."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #285 on: January 10, 2020, 01:17:23 AM »

Wow.   Pure Looney-tune.  Does he know Obama was separating the kiddies at the border?   Wanting to build a hotel in Moscow is  somehow corrupt?  

Modern media is giving me headaches.  

We are living in Clown World.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #286 on: January 10, 2020, 12:42:23 PM »
She blinked
    BREAKING: @SpeakerPelosi says in letter to House Dems that a resolution to transmit impeachment articles to Senate and appoint managers will be brought to House floor next week

— Josh Lederman (@JoshNBCNews) January 10, 2020
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/01/10/cocaine-mitch-for-the-win-nancy-pelosi-caves-will-bring-resolution-to-house-floor-to-deliver-articles-to-the-senate-next-week/
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #287 on: January 10, 2020, 01:27:35 PM »
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I was flabbergasted when she said she was "holding" the articles, basically to force the Senate to agree to terms that she dictated... How in God's name did she ever think she actually had a strong bargaining position, let lone a position in which she could demand anything of the Senate?

She is going to spin this as if it's some huge victory for the Democrats, but the fact that she caved with NO concessions from McConnell puts the lie to that.

I'm pretty sure that she was waiting for a groundswell of citizen outrage to develop so that she could force terms on the Senate. But, in this case, pretty much all she heard was crickets.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #288 on: January 10, 2020, 03:25:34 PM »

I was flabbergasted when she said she was "holding" the articles, basically to force the Senate to agree to terms that she dictated... How in God's name did she ever think she actually had a strong bargaining position, let lone a position in which she could demand anything of the Senate?

I honestly think she has a real fear of "the squad" and their cohorts. I still believe it was mostly because of them that she did impeachment in the house to begin with. Whatever else you say about her, she usually has pretty good political tactics, but she's been doing some stupid *expletive deleted*it ever since 2016 and "the squad".

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #289 on: January 10, 2020, 03:27:33 PM »
Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle have questioned just what intelligence went into the decision to kill Soleimani, and especially why it had to happen when it did. The administration has so far only mentioned some sort of "imminent threat" as justification. But "after the strike," Trump gave associates another explanation: "He was under pressure to deal with Gen. Soleimani from GOP senators he views as important supporters in his coming impeachment trial in the Senate," the The Wall Street Journal writes.

Hard to say how accurate this is but it raises an interesting point - any senators who are looking to squeeze the president a bit on something probably have their best opportunity to do so right now.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #290 on: January 10, 2020, 04:34:36 PM »
Hard to say how accurate this is but it raises an interesting point - any senators who are looking to squeeze the president a bit on something probably have their best opportunity to do so right now.
It takes 2/3 of Senators to impeach.  It would take a number of Republicans voting for impeachment for one or two to get much leverage. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2020, 04:47:42 PM »
It takes 2/3 of Senators to impeach.  It would take a number of Republicans voting for impeachment for one or two to get much leverage. 
Right, there's no real danger of of the senate actually voting to remove him.
The margins to decide the rules are much slimmer though. With a few more votes they could immediately pass the motion to dismiss (doubtful) or shoot down calling any witnesses.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2020, 08:24:39 PM »
Seems to me that the Left has a lot more to fear from a trial with witnesses … the president is the most vetted person in politics so the idea of any skeletons in his closets is laughable … Be a great time to begin the big reveal while the whole world is watching …
 [popcorn]
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #293 on: January 12, 2020, 06:03:00 PM »
Trump won't be President next year "one way or another."

https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2020/01/12/steve-scalise-uses-three-comments-from-nancy-pelosi-as-evidence-that-impeachment-is-all-political/

Also, does anyone else see the resemblance between Nancy Pelosi in the screengrabs and a drunk Lucille Bluth?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #294 on: January 12, 2020, 06:39:36 PM »
Trump won't be President next year "one way or another."

https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2020/01/12/steve-scalise-uses-three-comments-from-nancy-pelosi-as-evidence-that-impeachment-is-all-political/

Also, does anyone else see the resemblance between Nancy Pelosi in the screengrabs and a drunk Lucille Bluth?

Is she taking Buttigieg to Motherboy?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #295 on: January 12, 2020, 06:53:40 PM »
Is she taking Buttigieg to Motherboy?

:rofl:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #296 on: January 15, 2020, 11:18:01 AM »
This should be somewhat amusing to watch  [popcorn]

Pelosi names Schiff, Nadler as prosecutors for Trump trial
https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/pelosi-names-schiff-nadler-as-prosecutors-for-trump-trial/article_501adaba-3cba-5043-9846-17c2b59ebfa0.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #297 on: January 15, 2020, 11:19:13 AM »

https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/pelosi-names-schiff-nadler-as-prosecutors-for-trump-trial/article_501adaba-3cba-5043-9846-17c2b59ebfa0.html

More clownworld on the way!!!!!!!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #298 on: January 15, 2020, 11:44:22 AM »

If the quisling Republican traitors provide the Democrats with enough votes to force additional witnesses, I really hope Trump calls Schiff as a witness.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #299 on: January 15, 2020, 12:20:22 PM »
If the quisling Republican traitors provide the Democrats with enough votes to force additional witnesses, I really hope Trump calls Schiff as a witness.
The thing about witnesses in the Senate is that Schiff won't be able to cut off questioning when it gets into something he doesn't want people to hear. 

The main negative to hearing more witnesses is it will likely stretch the impeachment fiasco to many weeks.