Author Topic: And Ohio jumps on the gun control bandwagon...  (Read 1096 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
And Ohio jumps on the gun control bandwagon...
« on: October 02, 2019, 05:39:39 PM »
.. or at least they are trying.

Ohio House Bill 349.  Mag capacity limits.  Any mag over 10 rounds becomes illegal to buy, sell, or possess.  Trick to this one...no grandfather clause.  You can keep your old mags only if you register those mags with the state BCI&I (Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification)

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-summary?id=GA133-HB-349

Question I asked at a legislative briefing at work...how do you register an item with no identifying markings?  Aide said that is left to BCI&I to work out, but what has been discussed is stamped serial numbers.  If the stamp destroys your polymer mag?  Tough.  Illegal for you to buy a new one.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Andiron

• friend
Re: And Ohio jumps on the gun control bandwagon...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 07:16:49 PM »
Got some calls to make tomorrow.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 07:25:06 PM »
Sad to hear.  I hope sense prevails before it passes.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 09:22:10 PM »
Question I asked at a legislative briefing at work...how do you register an item with no identifying markings?  Aide said that is left to BCI&I to work out, but what has been discussed is stamped serial numbers.  If the stamp destroys your polymer mag?  Tough.  Illegal for you to buy a new one.

Sounds like y'all need to use them before they break them.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 10:17:30 PM »
Well, see, that's how the anti gunner's "compromise " system works.

Betcha they'll "compromise " on 20 rd standard* magazines, as for the AR-style 5.56 guns, leaving all the drum-type, etc.,  mags as illegal.

Goooooaaaaaaalllll !  And game.

Oh, and "AR" does not stand for "Assault Rifle."

Terry

*"Standard" varies:  "Early AR-15's had a 25-round magazine. Later model AR-15s used a 20-round waffle-patterned magazine that was meant to be a lightweight, disposable item."  Current NATO standard is 30.  Betcha what "standard" capacity they'll fight for.

REF (Sample of wares available):
https://gunmagwarehouse.com/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 10:35:09 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 06:44:15 PM »
I don't think its all that likely to pass,  but the thought is infuriating.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 08:06:57 PM »
Four words:
I will not comply.
You don't have to say them out loud, probably better not to.  But, four words to live by.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams