Author Topic: Trump and Linguistics  (Read 766 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Trump and Linguistics
« on: October 06, 2019, 10:40:46 AM »
MSNBC turns a linguist loose on Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phsU1vVHOQI

It was a very long time ago and I only took it for one year, but I did have some linguistics in my checkered academic past. And there wasn't much about "linguistics" in what this alleged professor had to say. Not that I completely fault the professor. The host was clearly not interested in delving into the linguistic aspects of Trumpspeak. The network was looking for another way to bash Trump, so they used a professor of linguistics as cover for tossing out a bushel of pop psychology technobabble to take another approach to discrediting the President.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Trump and Linguistics
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 07:32:59 PM »
^
The host was clearly not interested in delving into the linguistic aspects of Trumpspeak. The network was looking for another way to bash Trump, so they used a professor of linguistics as cover for tossing out a bushel of pop psychology technobabble to take another approach to discrediting the President.

So what else is new?  Trump can't develop a boil on his butt without the hyperleft lemmings screeching.

Ho-hum.  But I appreciate your contributing evidence as to the shameful activities of the left.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 07:51:48 PM »
And all of that BS makes it so much more enjoyable watching The Donald throwing the insults right back at them.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 07:37:11 AM »
He has the best words.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 09:28:15 AM »
He has the best words.
His WORDS are HUGE!
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge