Author Topic: Warren doubles down  (Read 1185 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Warren doubles down
« on: October 09, 2019, 11:43:29 AM »
I thought we had a previous discussion of Elizabeth Warren's claim that she was fired from a teaching job (Look! I'm a victim too!) because she became pregnant. Apparently she has been repeating this story at numerous campaign stops. Faced with some historical research that dredged up her own statements to the contrary, she nonetheless maintains that it's true. (Thereby reinforcing her street creds as a certified victim.)

https://apnews.com/e19411b83a4e4d6fb781ffd7113334f4

In a campaign speech she repeats at town halls while crisscrossing the country, the Massachusetts senator tells of graduating from the University of Houston and being hired by the Riverdale Board of Education in New Jersey as a speech pathologist during the 1970-71 school year. She says she’d planned to continue teaching but got pregnant and, once she began showing, “The principal did what principals do: Wished me luck, showed me the door and hired someone else for the job.”

Warren has used nearly identical retellings of the story dozens of times, including at rallies in Nevada and California last week, and wrote similarly of the experience in her 2014 memoir. She’s enjoyed a steady rise in recent polls to emerge as one of the Democratic presidential primary’s front-runners, along with former Vice President Joe Biden.

On Monday, though, Fox News reported on a video of a 2007 interview Warren gave at the University of California at Berkeley where she offered a different account of leaving teaching — suggesting it was by choice.

“I worked with the children with disabilities. I did that for a year, and then that summer, I actually didn’t have the education courses, so I was on an ‘emergency certificate,’” she says in it. “I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, ‘I don’t think this is going to work out for me.’ I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years, and I was really casting about, thinking, ‘What am I going to do?’”
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
Re: Warren doubles down
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 02:18:41 PM »
More Democrat hypocrisy.  Criticize Trump as a liar out of one side of the mouth and lie about other stuff out of the other.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 06:36:35 PM »
Liar.

Is she still claiming Native American ancestry?

Reminds me of "Beto" O'Rourke.

Any lie, any promise, any illogic that sounds good/feels good to get elected, huh?

That's why I think anyone who wants to make politics a career should be automatically disqualified on that basis.

Worth re-visiting:

https://youtu.be/2nf_bu-kBr4 (0:35)

:rofl:

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 07:15:06 PM »
Liar.

Is she still claiming Native American ancestry?

I believe she is. But she is now being more careful not to claim that she is actually a member of any tribe.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 09:30:19 PM »
"The Riverdale Board of Education approved a second-year teaching contract for a young Elizabeth Warren, documents show, contradicting the Democratic presidential candidate’s repeated claims that she was asked not to return to teaching after a single year because she was “visibly pregnant.”

Minutes of an April 21, 1971, Riverdale Board of Education meeting obtained by the Washington Free Beacon show that the board voted unanimously on a motion to extend Warren a “2nd year” contract for a two-days-per-week teaching job. That job is similar to the one she held the previous year, her first year of teaching. Minutes from a board meeting held two months later, on June 16, 1971, indicate that Warren’s resignation was “accepted with regret."

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/10/crazy-as-hell-liz-warren-lied-about-being-fired-for-being-pregnant-and-now-there-are-records-to-prove-it/

[popcorn]
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 10:05:26 AM »
^ Thank you.

I wouldn't mind reading the original minutes, though.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Chester32141

• friend
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 06:09:24 AM »
Being caught in another lie makes her even more of a victim.  Can't you misogynistic alt-right male supremacists understand that?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 07:37:57 AM »
Being caught in another lie makes her even more of a victim.  Can't you misogynistic alt-right male supremacists understand that?

Facts are tools of the evil white devil patriarchy.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama