Author Topic: Diet soda increases your risk of heart attack and stroke  (Read 2150 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Diet soda increases your risk of heart attack and stroke
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2019, 07:54:15 AM »
Diet soda has all of the benefits of HFCS/Sugar soda, plus chemicals!

You do realize that EVERYTHING you ingest is positively chock full of...

CHEMICALS!!!!!

You're obviously inferring synthetic chemicals, but not all natural chemicals are good for you either, and not all synthetic chemicals are harbingers of immediate death, despite what that pseudoscientific quack The Food Babe claims...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2019, 10:23:27 AM »
I drink 4 - 8 diet sodas a day. Yeah, yeah, I should drink water, and I've tried, but inevitably switch back to diet soda.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2019, 12:38:23 PM »
Is it the diet soda or the triple cheese burger with extra bacon and mayo and the super sized batter dipped fries that people tend to order the diet soda with?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2019, 05:31:54 PM »
Quit drinking all soda three years ago (fell off the bandwagon when Dad went to the hospital)

Gained massive amount of weight drinking water and eating (mostly) healthy.

Turns out I have a mass on my adrenal gland causing hypercortisolism. Diet soda and eating healthy didn't save me from that (or cause it)

Have now decided that my Diet Pepsi consumption or consuming anything "unhealthy" in some reasonable moderation because I enjoy it is better than denying myself and dying without enjoying the simple pleasures in life.

Quality over quantity and all that jazz. They can take their study and shove it.  ;/
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds