Author Topic: Restaurant chains announce price hikes in respose to California's new...  (Read 1791 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Restaurant chains announce price hikes in respose to California's new...
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2024, 11:55:03 AM »
To quote the Reason article on it, why wouldn't McDonald's et al simply start offering baked bread?

They thought of that

For everyone thinking that every restaurant will just start selling bread, there are caveats. The restaurant had to operate an on-premise bakery prior to Sept. 15, 2023 and the bread must be sold as a stand-alone item. pic.twitter.com/0TpQ2PIPCi
    β€” Kelley K (@KelleyKga) February 28, 2024

https://twitter.com/KelleyKga/status/1762881447973548538
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2024, 12:28:36 PM »
Don't most fast food joints just toast pre-baked buns that are delivered?  Making hamburger buns would require at least one extra guy making dough and baking buns full time.  Could potentially be pretty good, but I am sure they can succeed in preventing that.

On the menu item, selling an empty hamburger bun as a menu item seems a trivial change.
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2024, 12:34:37 PM »
Don't most fast food joints just toast pre-baked buns that are delivered?  Making hamburger buns would require at least one extra guy making dough and baking buns full time.  Could potentially be pretty good, but I am sure they can succeed in preventing that.

On the menu item, selling an empty hamburger bun as a menu item seems a trivial change.

Wouldn't help them in this, like I said above they thought of that

The restaurant had to operate an on-premise bakery prior to Sept. 15, 2023
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2024, 01:07:25 PM »
https://theroboburger.com/

won't steal your customers credit cards or spit in their food either.