Author Topic: Welp, Virginia is screwed  (Read 38142 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Welp, Virginia is screwed
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2019, 11:37:57 PM »
We survive this and it is like 1993 in national politics. Historic win, let's shoot ourselves in the foot by rankling the rednecks. First unified dem state government in 25 years. Now of course you could remind me that the 1994 Newt Gingrich Congress pissed away their chance, but to that I assure you that the VA red team is way dumber than that... ;/ This might be a high point for blue VA, remains to be seen if the other crew is worth a crap.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2019, 10:07:54 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2019, 05:50:52 PM »
VCDL and GOA have combined forces:

https://gunowners.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/GOA-VCDL-Response-to-Herring-AO-December-26-2019.pdf

To a layman, this seems like a well-conceived refutation of the Virginia AG’s assertion that the 2A sanctuary resolutions lack any legal substance.  Among other things, it points out his abject hypocrisy.  [barf]
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2019, 10:53:14 AM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/virginia-dems-pushing-gun-control-91-of-virginia-counties-tell-them-to-stick-it

Despite the efforts of Democrats in Virginia who have plans to interfere with the Second Amendment rights of the state’s citizens, on Monday night Fauquier County and Charles City County both voted to become “sanctuary counties,” bringing the total of “sanctuary counties” in Virginia to 87, representing 91% of the counties in Virginia.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of Virginia's population is in those 87 counties.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2019, 11:19:33 AM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/virginia-dems-pushing-gun-control-91-of-virginia-counties-tell-them-to-stick-it

It would be interesting to know what percentage of Virginia's population is in those 87 counties.

Or the inverse - what percentage of morons live in a couple of densely populated tiny geographic areas. We talk about metros like San Francisco and LA controlling CA, but given the number of rebelling counties, VA seems even (and surprisingly to me) worse off in that regard.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2019, 12:10:03 PM »
The good (R)s are getting in on the act now. Bills still being pre-filed for the GA session. One Rino filed a bill to require training before a firearms purchase. A poll tax by any other name. He yanked it after getting torched. Another R has one filed to increase CCW training requirements. Meanwhile, I am probably staying out of Richmond on Lobby day. It is always on MLK day and VCDL always goes. I went to one. VCDL is pissing and moaning about how we dress, open carry of rifles etc. Meanwhile losing total control because apparently everyone is coming. Liable to be a shitshow billed as a racist rally.
AKA Navy Joe   

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2019, 12:34:08 PM »
100% non-compliance with no violence would be the best first move imho.

The left wants things to go boogaloo.

They thrive on chaos. They never let a crises go to waste.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2019, 12:56:38 PM »
VCDL is pissing and moaning about how we dress, open carry of rifles etc.

If they're moaning about what I think they're moaning about, I kinda have to agree with them. Like it or not, clean jeans and a polo shirt get you much farther on the PR front than does wearing battle rattle, or t-shirts with the sleeves ripped off and a mullet. As does a slung rifle vs an M4gory carried at low ready.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2019, 01:52:50 PM »
Yes, but... The clean cut PR front has been done to death by them for years. And here we are.  It has become a "my way of carry is fine, but the rest of you are weirdos. While a set of khakis and a polo shirt might go a long way we are at the point of stand for protecting all carry or none of it. All speech or none. Trying to be accepted by "them" got us Mitt Romney et. al.
AKA Navy Joe   

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2019, 04:36:08 PM »
The Greta excuse?

Virginia school system implements landmark new policy allowing absences for student protests https://t.co/ujDyx9W3sH pic.twitter.com/Rg2BzyFBFi

— The Hill (@thehill) December 28, 2019

Virginia’s Fairfax County Public Schools has implemented a landmark policy allowing students to take time off to participate in protests.

Beginning Jan. 27, the school district will allow students in seventh through 12th grades one excused absence per year to participate in “civic engagement activities,” according to multiple news outlets.

Fairfax School Board member Ryan McElveen, who reportedly introduced the policy, said the rule may be the first of its kind in the U.S. and was made in response to a recent wave of student activism across the country.

‘Let’s see if that counts for 2A or pro-Trump’: Virginia school system to allow absences for student protests (will there be exceptions?)
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/12/28/lets-see-if-that-counts-for-2a-or-pro-trump-virginia-school-system-to-allow-absences-for-student-protests-will-there-be-exceptions/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2019, 04:42:04 PM »
The Greta excuse?

‘Let’s see if that counts for 2A or pro-Trump’: Virginia school system to allow absences for student protests (will there be exceptions?)
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/12/28/lets-see-if-that-counts-for-2a-or-pro-trump-virginia-school-system-to-allow-absences-for-student-protests-will-there-be-exceptions/

Nobody gives a *expletive deleted*it about one absence.  Attendance in school is important, but perfect attendance is highly overrated.  A parent can take a kid out of school any time, and if they don't do it often nobody cares.  It will be interesting whether the policy is only used for approved causes (First Amendment violation)
"It's good, though..."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2019, 07:19:58 PM »
I'm worried about Virginia.  Seems like we've got a bunch of people on both sides itching for bloodshed.  We've got a governor ready to institute confiscation, ready to call out the National Guard to enforce confiscation laws, and pretty much getting the cells ready for anyone who doesn't capitulate.  On the other hand I"m seeing more and more folks on line spouting "It's the boogaloo!  Load up!" 

So I worry that some 20 something year old kid in the Guard is going to walk up to some house, pound on the door like he was told to do, and order the home owner to open up.  Owner looks out, sees a soldier, complete with a plate carrier, and M4, and other soldiers with a Humvee in the street.  So owner grabs his plate carrier, his M4gery, and sends a group chat to his buddies that the redcoats are at the door.  Suddenly, a small group of Guardsmen at the house find themselves looking at a group of armed citizens.  Nervous people on both sides.  A lapse in trigger discipline, a car backfire, or one person on either side a little too eager to get a confirmed kill, and we've got a nightmare on our hands.

God, I hope not...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2019, 07:56:06 PM »
National Guard isn't an issue. Big overlap between people that actually believe in 1776 America and the Guard. The issue is they will water it down, go for registration and everyone will calm down and say it's fine. Generational gun ban.
AKA Navy Joe   

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2019, 08:01:01 PM »
It doesn't seem to be going away or getting any dimmer in some people's minds, esp the one who made it his pet project for re-election. More money for the jails in anticipation of arrests of gun scofflaws.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/report-virginia-increases-corrections-budget-in-preparation-for-arrests-of-gun-owners-police-officers/

bob

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2019, 04:54:26 PM »
My neighbors all know I'm in the Guard. Many likely own guns, too. So while I'm at the base loading pallets of MREs and drinking water, my house gets burned to the foundation. No thanks.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2019, 05:40:47 PM »
My neighbors all know I'm in the Guard. Many likely own guns, too. So while I'm at the base loading pallets of MREs and drinking water, my house gets burned to the foundation. No thanks.

More likely you will start see political assassinations if the balloon really goes up. That's usually a bad thing but not always.  (Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin would approve)  And you may see SWAT teams getting ambushed while trying to arrest someone else.  I think you and your house are pretty safe while you're on base.  Go out on a goon squad and (no offense) you become a legitimate target.
"It's good, though..."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2019, 07:11:56 PM »
More likely you will start see political assassinations if the balloon really goes up. That's usually a bad thing but not always.  (Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin would approve)  And you may see SWAT teams getting ambushed while trying to arrest someone else.  I think you and your house are pretty safe while you're on base.  Go out on a goon squad and (no offense) you become a legitimate target.

I also think a "Second American Revolution" would involve massive amount of assassinations.  I am thinking about what happened in the Iraqi civil war… people slaughtering collaborators, politicians, civil servants, police, lawyers, and anyone who works for the opposition.  It would be horrific.  This must be avoided.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2019, 07:22:17 PM »
I also think a "Second American Revolution" would involve massive amount of assassinations.  I am thinking about what happened in the Iraqi civil war… people slaughtering collaborators, politicians, civil servants, police, lawyers, and anyone who works for the opposition.  It would be horrific.  This must be avoided.

The irony is how justified the left would feel in engaging in such actions while decrying the "evil" of private gun ownership.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2019, 08:26:24 PM »
The irony is how justified the left would feel in engaging in such actions while decrying the "evil" of private gun ownership.

The fact is, it is a lot easier to kill a local low level political party functionary than attack a tank.  The Iraqis learned that very well, and Americans would learn it too.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2019, 08:30:00 PM »
The fact is, it is a lot easier to kill a local low level political party functionary than attack a tank.  The Iraqis learned that very well, and Americans would learn it too.

There are a great many that already know that lesson.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2019, 10:30:32 PM »
I'm worried about Virginia.  Seems like we've got a bunch of people on both sides itching for bloodshed.  We've got a governor ready to institute confiscation, ready to call out the National Guard to enforce confiscation laws, and pretty much getting the cells ready for anyone who doesn't capitulate.  On the other hand I"m seeing more and more folks on line spouting "It's the boogaloo!  Load up!" 

So I worry that some 20 something year old kid in the Guard is going to walk up to some house, pound on the door like he was told to do, and order the home owner to open up.  Owner looks out, sees a soldier, complete with a plate carrier, and M4, and other soldiers with a Humvee in the street.  So owner grabs his plate carrier, his M4gery, and sends a group chat to his buddies that the redcoats are at the door.  Suddenly, a small group of Guardsmen at the house find themselves looking at a group of armed citizens.  Nervous people on both sides.  A lapse in trigger discipline, a car backfire, or one person on either side a little too eager to get a confirmed kill, and we've got a nightmare on our hands.

God, I hope not...

Beto Kennedy has assured us that won't happen.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2019, 05:53:14 AM »

God, I hope not...

Those that ignore the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them. Something very similar played out at Concord once upon a time.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2019, 09:55:45 AM »
[snip]

God, I hope not...

That 20 year old Guardsman did not order himself to do that, and the governor did not personally give him/her the order.  The order came down through a chain of command of officers and NCOs, where I would hope somebody with some age and sense would tell the governor "No" (but in more colorful terms)
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2019, 10:24:34 AM »
I suspect (hope?) that if the Governor were to mobilize the Virginia contingent of the National Guard to pull this crap that Trump would nationalize the guard and order them to stand down.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.