Author Topic: Welp, Virginia is screwed  (Read 38193 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Welp, Virginia is screwed
« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2020, 06:35:41 AM »
Well, that escalated quickly...

And on such a silly choice of words.

Really? We're going to hang our hats on that?

And Fistful's right.

What's happening in Virginia to us (OMG, can I say we/us even though I'm not going to lobby day, but I DO live in Virginia?) CAN happen elsewhere in the blink of a goddamned eye.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2020, 08:04:17 AM »
And on such a silly choice of words.

Really? We're going to hang our hats on that?

And Fistful's right.

What's happening in Virginia to us (OMG, can I say we/us even though I'm not going to lobby day, but I DO live in Virginia?) CAN happen elsewhere in the blink of a goddamned eye.

The enemy has figured out a playbook that works every time and will use it in every state they can now.

If your state is a prime destination for them to move to, expect it to come to your state sooner or later. It worked in Colorado, it’s going to work in Virginia, and I fully expect North Carolina to be next.

And not only are they screwing you locally but now their new favorite tactic is to throw the states electoral votes to Democrats with the “we will make our electoral votes follow the popular vote”.

When they do that to a few more states and lock down the presidential office to go Dem forever, we will all be firmly *expletive deleted*ed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2020, 08:15:18 AM »

And not only are they screwing you locally but now their new favorite tactic is to throw the states electoral votes to Democrats with the “we will make our electoral votes follow the popular vote”.

When they do that to a few more states and lock down the presidential office to go Dem forever, we will all be firmly *expletive deleted*ed.

Yup. I forget which ones, but read in the last couple of months several more states signed on to that bullshit. Crap like that is why though I'm generally not in favor of copying the dirty tricks of the commies,  I would be fine if we impeach the next dem president on day one just because our guy lost. You want to destroy the structure of our country? Bring it on, jackasses.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2020, 09:36:40 AM »
Y'all a bunch of Nazi meanies

VA is in a state of emergency because white supremacists and nazi’s are using their 2nd amendment rights to shutdown the 1st amendment rights of students, veterans, and clergy.

Tweet out a video with your support for laws that protect kids, not guns with.#IStandWithVirginia pic.twitter.com/wPiRSVDGZu

— David Hogg text VOTE to 954-954 (@davidhogg111) January 19, 2020

Who's trying to shut who down????
God he makes my head hurt
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2020, 11:29:14 AM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2020, 12:35:18 PM »
So.......

It's like half past noon on the east coast. 

Bugaloo?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #256 on: January 20, 2020, 12:38:38 PM »
^^^ Hopefully this means it's been a nothingburger in terms of violence.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #257 on: January 20, 2020, 12:55:40 PM »
So.......

Bugaloo?

Quote from: Susan Ivanova
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #258 on: January 20, 2020, 01:08:56 PM »
I wonder if it may have been a good idea for the VCDL to make a statement to media that the rally is over, and all their people have gone home. At White Lives Don't Matter rallies, the violence tended to happen after dark.

For clarity, I made no plans to travel from Missouri to attend the event. I'm glad we didn't all stay away, though.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #259 on: January 20, 2020, 01:08:59 PM »
So.......

Bugaloo?

Shhhh, don't jinx us 😎
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2020, 01:15:41 PM »
So far, so good. I still wish people wouldn't wear battle rattle to these things though.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-capitol-gun-rights-rally

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2020, 01:22:53 PM »
What percentage of attendees are LEO or friends and family of LEO? What percentage are current and former military or f&f of soldiers?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #262 on: January 20, 2020, 01:26:19 PM »
Nothing must be happening, story is buried on CNN's website. Took me awhile to find anything on there about it even occurring.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #263 on: January 20, 2020, 01:30:17 PM »
So far, so good. I still wish people wouldn't wear battle rattle...

No doubt.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #264 on: January 20, 2020, 01:32:50 PM »
So far, so good. I still wish people wouldn't wear battle rattle to these things though.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-capitol-gun-rights-rally

This looks familiar ...

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #265 on: January 20, 2020, 01:56:59 PM »
No doubt.

And the problem is, I was looking at other images and video, and from what I saw, 95% of the crowd was NOT "in gear". Most of what I saw was people in everyday clothes - lots of Carhartt and whatnot, and most unarmed. However  I saw the MSM highlighting those few that were in tacticool gear as the majority. I think it was CNN that showed a "large group" in tacticool gear walking down a street, which in reality was likely no more than a couple dozen people out of thousands. The comments to that were 90% derogatory of the participants as if everyone at the rally were white militia.

I don't want to be telling others how to dress, but by now we should know how the media twists this stuff. Why give them ammo?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #266 on: January 20, 2020, 01:58:18 PM »
https://www.nbc12.com/2020/01/20/thousands-ascend-virginia-capitol-gun-rights-rally-everything-you-need-know-live-updates/

As of about 1:40 p.m., Capitol Square has cleared out and no arrests have been made at this point in time by Capitol Police.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #267 on: January 20, 2020, 02:08:15 PM »
Now to see what the fallout is from the day's activities.  Unlikely that Northam will back down.  Hopefully the pressure can be maintained though.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #268 on: January 20, 2020, 02:21:12 PM »

I don't want to be telling others how to dress, but by now we should know how the media twists this stuff. Why give them ammo?

The MSM has a rather disturbing habit of producing their own ammo out of thin air when none is provided
- Calvin and Hobbes

castle key

• friend
« Reply #269 on: January 20, 2020, 02:21:39 PM »
I just returned from this event and obviously intact.

I have been to a huge number of demos like this as a police officer, and I found the crowd to be quite polite.

There  were a a fairly large number of Gecko 45 types, which doesn't create good optics and will be all that are seen in the media. Saw some guy carrying a Barrett which is a bit much. The AK type rifle with affixed bayonet probably would be of limited value.

What I saw huge numbers of were average people being polite and decent. At one point, an ambulance needed to move through the crowd, and it was a splitting of the seas like I have never seen at groupings of different ilk.

The garbage/trash situation was typical for conservatives, but the VCDL stickers had poor adhesive, so a lot of them fell off clothing and stuck to the street. That will become a talking point.

I discussed with some people I was with about flipping over a police car, setting it on fire, shooting heroin in plain view, and dropping a present on the sidewalk so as to create a Portland/Seattle like false flag!

Good event with a huge turnout. Sadly the focus will be on the Rambos. That there was no troubles will be a tribute to Governor Northam's life saving measures of banning all kinds of activities.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2020, 02:24:42 PM »
Did Antifa show up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2020, 02:28:59 PM »
I just returned from this event and obviously intact.

I have been to a huge number of demos like this as a police officer, and I found the crowd to be quite polite.

There  were a a fairly large number of Gecko 45 types, which doesn't create good optics and will be all that are seen in the media. Saw some guy carrying a Barrett which is a bit much. The AK type rifle with affixed bayonet probably would be of limited value.

What I saw huge numbers of were average people being polite and decent. At one point, an ambulance needed to move through the crowd, and it was a splitting of the seas like I have never seen at groupings of different ilk.

The garbage/trash situation was typical for conservatives, but the VCDL stickers had poor adhesive, so a lot of them fell off clothing and stuck to the street. That will become a talking point.

I discussed with some people I was with about flipping over a police car, setting it on fire, shooting heroin in plain view, and dropping a present on the sidewalk so as to create a Portland/Seattle like false flag!

Good event with a huge turnout. Sadly the focus will be on the Rambos. That there was no troubles will be a tribute to Governor Northam's life saving measures of banning all kinds of activities.
Were most of the people outside the fenced in area?

Nevermind.  fistful's link shows it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 03:09:43 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2020, 02:38:10 PM »
Looks like there was at least one attempt to instigate violence (other than Northam's shenanigans):

https://www.dailywire.com/news/get-the-f-out-infiltrator-pushes-violence-at-2a-rally-in-va-rally-attendees-shut-it-down

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #273 on: January 20, 2020, 02:54:24 PM »

I felt like that, too.

But now I'm fine with it. These people want to dress up and feel tacticool? Go for it. Cosplay can be fun, so enjoy yourselves.

These people are completely harmless. I think we should highlight the fact that our "crazies" are the people who dress up like soldiers and heavily arm themselves... and do absolutely nothing illegal.

I'd be willing to place a large wager that furries have a higher incidence of criminality than "our" crazies.

Let's start embracing them. They look scary, but are actually less dangerous than a brony!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #274 on: January 20, 2020, 03:19:09 PM »
We means we/I are going to be physically in the demonstration in Richmond, VA. Anything else is arch chair quarterbacking.

Yes, it could happen in merry olde Iowa, difference between me and the other lasses, I would show up in Des Moines. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Why Iowa has one of the best carry laws.

If it helps you, I have attended gun rights events/demonstrations in the midwest. With the other lasses.