Author Topic: Welp, Virginia is screwed  (Read 38133 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Welp, Virginia is screwed
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2019, 06:54:14 PM »
Sadly...
I'm not too confident in a positive outcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FUB8SrlQAE
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2019, 08:26:35 AM »
Slight tangent, but it's interesting to see that "sanctuary city" is suddenly "defying the law of the land".

Washington Post Opinions
@PostOpinions
·
23h
From the Editorial Board: The Virginia ‘gun sanctuary’ movement is a trend to defy duly enacted laws

https://twitter.com/PostOpinions?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1200768287212294144&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fbrettt-3136%2F2019%2F11%2F30%2Fwashington-post-calls-virginias-gun-sanctuary-movement-a-fad-and-mainly-symbolic%2F

The full story is behind a Washington Post paywall, but you get the gist of it from their Twitter page. Further tangent, their Twitter opinion page is concrete evidence against, "For the thousandth time, journalists don't take sides".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2019, 02:10:41 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLh5BdAGv6E
Suffolk, VA 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Gun Rights Speech

From the Mrgunsngear B Channel.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2019, 12:14:15 PM »
Further tangent, their Twitter opinion page is concrete evidence against, "For the thousandth time, journalists don't take sides".

The statement is correct.

Journalists (real journalists) don't take sides.

But are there any real journalists?

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2019, 05:20:34 PM »
Diogenes?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2019, 05:52:21 PM »
Diogenes?

Yes. I believe he is searching for an honest man.
"It's good, though..."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2019, 07:05:06 PM »
Yes. I believe he is searching for an honest man.

Yer gonna need a bigger candle.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2019, 04:42:53 PM »
Well, here's one way to respond:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virgina-sheriff-vows-to-deputize-resident-in-response-to-expected-gun-control-legislation-from-state-democratic-lawmakers

A Virginia sheriff has vowed to deputize residents in his county if the new Democratic-led legislature enacts gun control measures.

Culpeper County Sheriff Scott Jenkins made the vow during a Board of Supervisors meeting last week in which the panel unanimously agreed to declare the county a Second Amendment Constitutional County.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2019, 01:35:29 PM »
Virginia Democrats ratchet up the rhetoric, threaten to send in the National Guard if local police won't enforce gun control laws:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/the-law-is-the-law-virginia-democrats-float-prosecution-national-guard-deployment-if-police-dont-enforce-gun-control

[popcorn]

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2019, 01:41:23 PM »
I sort of hope the people showing up at these county hearings are people who woke up and realized they should have voted.  Does anyone know about that?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2019, 01:41:46 PM »
Virginia Democrats ratchet up the rhetoric, threaten to send in the National Guard if local police won't enforce gun control laws:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/the-law-is-the-law-virginia-democrats-float-prosecution-national-guard-deployment-if-police-dont-enforce-gun-control

[popcorn]

They think the Virginia National Guard will obey unlawful orders.  Popcorn, indeed :)
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2019, 02:19:10 PM »

[popcorn]

Just shows how little they know about either the law or the Constitution.

Can you imagine what might happen if they were to try door-to-door confiscations in some of the more... rural... counties in Virginia (i.e., hillbilly havens)?

More than one government agent left counties like Dickenson, Wythe, Franklin, or Floyd on stretchers during Prohibition.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2019, 02:27:37 PM »
Just shows how little they know about either the law or the Constitution.

Can you imagine what might happen if they were to try door-to-door confiscations in some of the more... rural... counties in Virginia (i.e., hillbilly havens)?

More than one government agent left counties like Dickenson, Wythe, Franklin, or Floyd on stretchers during Prohibition.

My great-grandfather was a revenuer in Floyd County during prohibition.

Related to that, the ENTIRETY of his family left Virginia during prohibition and moved to Illinois. Death threats tend to inspire actions like that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2019, 02:43:21 PM »
Family has land in Franklin county, hasn't changed much.

This whole Guard thing is hilarious. I wasn't guard, but Navy and Reserve. But you don't call folks like us for stuff like this. I didn't take an oath to the Constitution 6 times so I could be some discredited governor's OrdPo. Would never work, so I hope Northam keeps pushing it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2019, 03:27:41 PM »
I sort of hope the people showing up at these county hearings are people who woke up and realized they should have voted.  Does anyone know about that?

That would be good. CA got where it is because of all the "It'll never happen, get outa my face with that petition" so-called gun owners I used to run into at gun shows in the 80s.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2019, 12:15:21 AM »
As a practical matter the issue with "the local police won't do it, call in the National Guard" is who, exactly, do you think is in the National Guard?  The Venn Diagram of "folks willing to be part time state based soldiers" and "folks that work for the local government as first responders" is best described as a short oval.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2019, 01:33:13 AM »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2019, 09:25:10 AM »
http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+HB67

I am laughing out loud here.

Seems the "Second Amendment Sanctuary" movement is scaring them.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2019, 09:53:10 AM »
Friend of mine in Iowa has been following this. He was reading to me some article he found about "Constitutional scholars" being asked if using the National Guard to enforce a state law would be legal.

Apparently several of them said yes, it would be.

I need to ask him to send me a link to that article.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2019, 11:24:25 AM »
Starting to look a lot like a real no win scenario in VA. The libtards can't back down and look weak and I'm afraid the citizenry doesn't have the guts to stand up to the politicians.
Gonna be an interesting year.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

castle key

• friend
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2019, 12:51:04 PM »
Last night I was at a shindig with neighbors..... most of them raging leftists. They stated that if the law is passed, it must be followed as it IS THE LAW!

My reminder that sitting in the back of the bus was at one point a law that should be followed for exactly the same reason was not received well.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2019, 12:53:43 PM »
Last night I was at a shindig with neighbors..... most of them raging leftists. They stated that if the law is passed, it must be followed as it IS THE LAW!

Just like with immigration right?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical