Author Topic: Browns Myles Garrett Suspended  (Read 2445 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: Browns Myles Garrett Suspended
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2019, 09:49:58 PM »
I was at the game and watched it live.  That was the 3rd sack in a row and Rudolf pretty much instigated it.  I agree with others that Garrett shouldn’t of swung the helmet but Rudolf should also be held accountable. 

In the end we finally beat the Steelers and they were sore losers!  Go Browns

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2019, 07:37:47 AM »
"He's a fantastic defensive end.  Couple that with the increasingly strict rules protecting quarterbacks,  and he's racked up a decent handful of personal fouls."

Yes, this. He's not got a reputation as a headhunter or a dirty player like Vontaze Burfict or Ndamukong Suh. Burfict has a LONG history of egregious hits designed only to injure his opponent. He was suspended indefinitely earlier this year and I'm partially of the opinion that he should never be allowed to play again.

The change in rules and the stated need to protect defenseless players has led to more calls that never would have been called in the past. Some of them are legitimate, others are judgement calls that error on the side of caution.

But I'm sorry, I've still seen nothing that makes me believe anything other that this was started, and escalated to a ridiculous level, by Garrett.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2019, 10:21:36 AM »
Concept. Every professional sports league needs players that suck at playing and are good at fighting, just like the NHL.

Or like this girl.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjV2D4s2kDU

That clip exonerates the pony-tailed woman.  She was elbowed and had her groin grabbed.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2019, 10:37:41 AM »
"had her groin grabbed"

So the other player was actually President Trump?

Not sure, but I think that the player in red was suspended and possibly kicked off the team. That was, IIRC, the tip of the iceberg of what she was doing during the game.

Nope... she served a 2 game suspension at the beginning of the next season...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2019, 02:44:26 PM »
Garrett now claims that Rudolph used a racial slur right before the melee:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/myles-garrett-steelers-mason-rudolph-racial-slur-appeal

Not sure why he didn't say so before.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2019, 07:03:30 PM »
Garrett now claims that Rudolph used a racial slur right before the melee:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/myles-garrett-steelers-mason-rudolph-racial-slur-appeal

Not sure why he didn't say so before.

I haven't been following things too closely, but it was supposedly said in a hearing which is where it ought to come up if relevant. 

I thought it was odd that the article had a statement about finding no evidence the QB saying a racial slur.  What would they expect to find?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2019, 07:37:17 AM »
"I thought it was odd that the article had a statement about finding no evidence the QB saying a racial slur.  What would they expect to find?"

They likely interviewed some of the people in proximity to the entire clash, and apparently couldn't find anyone to back up the slur claim.

I suspect that had Rudolph uttered a racial epithet to Garrett someone else would have heard it, would have suspected it based on Garrett's reaction, etc.

I'm also suspect of the timing... Given how incendiary a racial slur can be, it's odd that Garrett didn't immediately bring it up in the after-game press conference.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2019, 08:23:39 AM »
NFL Films will have audio, probably.  I always see those guys on the sidelines with the parabolic mics.  Also, some players are wearing mics during the game so the NFL can make their highlight films later.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2019, 08:26:53 AM »
My guess is that any available audio was also part of the investigation. I get the impression, I really do, that this was a convenience claim by Garrett to try to take some of the heat off of him with the league.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2019, 08:57:09 AM »
"I thought it was odd that the article had a statement about finding no evidence the QB saying a racial slur.  What would they expect to find?"

They likely interviewed some of the people in proximity to the entire clash, and apparently couldn't find anyone to back up the slur claim.

I suspect that had Rudolph uttered a racial epithet to Garrett someone else would have heard it, would have suspected it based on Garrett's reaction, etc.

I'm also suspect of the timing... Given how incendiary a racial slur can be, it's odd that Garrett didn't immediately bring it up in the after-game press conference.
There is an interview with Garrett from soon after the game.  He wasn't making any excuses at the time. 

I was wondering if one of Rudolph's team mates heard him say that if they would mention it or not.  I don't know. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2019, 09:42:34 AM »
"I was wondering if one of Rudolph's team mates heard him say that if they would mention it or not.  I don't know."

I think you truck out the racial slurs and you're going to find that your teammates, at least some of them, are NOT going to have your back.

A few years ago a Philadelphia Eagle, Riley Cooper, was caught using some racial slurs on video (not during a game, he was at a concert). When it came out the backlash from his teammates was pretty severe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2019, 10:14:55 AM »
Were I to advise Garrett, I think I would say not to mention it unless there was some evidence it happened.  Since we don't have a direct quote, I am not sure how it was brought up.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28122780/mason-rudolph-regrets-actions-ok-myles-garrett

"I should've done a better job handling that situation," Rudolph said. "I have no ill will towards Myles Garrett. Great respect for his ability as a player. And I know that if Myles could go back, he would handle the situation differently.

"As for my involvement last week, there's no acceptable excuse. The bottom line is I should've done a better job keeping my composure in that situation and [not] fall short of what I believe it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler and a member of the NFL."
Rudolph admitting he did something, but claiming he didn't saying anything racial.  

Rudolph's conciliatory tone Wednesday was a departure from last week's defiant postgame news conference, where he called Garrett's actions "bush league" and "cowardly."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2019, 10:22:04 AM »
Sort of a quote.  This has a tweet he put out about it.