Author Topic: Information Censoring - I Guess We're China Now  (Read 697 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Information Censoring - I Guess We're China Now
« on: December 04, 2019, 08:35:51 AM »
This Twitter link is the only place I have heard about this. I have seen nothing in the MSM.

Following complaints by Schiff & Dems re outing the "whistleblower," Google has joined Facebook & YouTube in censoring the identity of the WB. Google is now banning the placement of ads on stories naming Eric Ciaramella b/c they contain "dangerous or derogatory" content

Censoring a name that's already out there, and that truly, should be the public's right to know, seems well beyond the Google "Hillary email" algorithm.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/12/03/we-are-witnessing-tyranny-in-slow-motion-paul-sperry-lays-out-impeachment-inquiry-report-in-epic-thread/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Information Censoring - I Guess We're China Now
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 02:14:12 PM »
Thanks Andy.

Also, just for clarity because rereading it, my post might be ambiguous: I hadn't meant not hearing or seeing anything the whistleblower's name, I meant the social media (and based on Andy's link, the MSM) active suppression and censoring of the information.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Information Censoring - I Guess We're China Now
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 04:05:25 PM »
Kind of shutting the barn door after the cows got out.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams