Author Topic: Zimmerman Sues For Defamation  (Read 1787 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Zimmerman Sues For Defamation
« on: December 04, 2019, 02:54:13 PM »
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-george-zimmerman-sues-trayvon-martin-family-defamation-20191204-vtle45prz5h2fhevclpto6wkvi-story.html

Rather appropriate that this is coming out at the same time as Richard Jewell, since the mendacious press worked with corrupt persecutors to railroad an innocent man once again here.

I'm glad he's going after the money-hungry attorney, too. That's who should ALWAYS be held responsible for crap like what ensued here.

I also notice the press continues to lie. From the article:

Zimmerman said he began following Martin, and the police dispatcher said, “OK, we don’t need you to do that.” Zimmerman, however, continued to follow the teen.

They've stopped the outright lie that the police told him not to follow the suspicious youth, and have instead moved to the lie of treating their speculation and reporting it as truth. There is no evidence that Zimmerman continued to follow Martin, and there is at least a little evidence (from listening to the recorded 911 call) that he may have stopped. It's not conclusive evidence, but it's more than what their blatant falsehood relies on.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Zimmerman Sues For Defamation
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 04:14:02 PM »
He should sue himself too for all the stupid self inflicted times he ended up in the press post Trayvon. He is not a mental giant. But then again neither is the cowgirl hat wearing congresscritter who agitated against him. We...We should just pray for an asteroid to hit that courthouse. [popcorn]
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 04:38:44 PM »
Didn't Martin's family have a video produced that had Zimmerman chasing down Martin and shooting him in the back?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 10:58:25 PM »
Didn't Martin's family have a video produced that had Zimmerman chasing down Martin and shooting him in the back?

Not sure about that, but the important issue in this case is that the lawsuit claims that the girl who testified as Trayvon's girlfriend was not, but was recruited and coached once the real girlfriend refused to lie.

I reiterate, that's the claim they will have to prove, but I assume they must have some evidence to make such a claim or the case will be summarily dismissed.

I additionally find suggestions that the lawyer is absolutely corrupt and willing to suborn perjury for a payday completely in character.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 07:50:18 AM »
 [popcorn]

Hollywood filmmaker Joel Gilbert just released a film and book of the same name, The Trayvon Hoax: Unmasking the Witness Fraud that Divided America. He investigated the public records and made a discovery – Rachel Jeantel was an imposter. She was not “Diamond Eugene.” She was not Trayvon’s girlfriend. She was not on the phone with him before our altercation. She lied in court about everything she claimed to have heard over the phone in order to send me to prison for life.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/12/we_are_all_george_zimmerman_now.html
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 08:09:33 AM by Chester32141 »
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 09:38:37 AM »
Is that the girl who testified that she couldn't read the note that lawyers said she wrote because she couldn't read cursive writing?

In the recorded interview with Diamond Eugene, Crump openly led the witness. She mostly just echoed everything Crump said. Two weeks later, prosecutors went to Miami to interview 16-year-old Diamond Eugene under oath. That’s when, as I recently learned, 18-year-old Rachel Jeantel appeared, claiming she was Diamond Eugene. Despite the discrepancy in name and age, prosecutors interviewed Rachel Jeantel anyway and used her obviously false statements to issue an affidavit of probable cause for my arrest. The rest is history.
Okay, that explains things.  This was fraud that gave prosecutors cause to start the whole trial.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 09:44:04 AM »
Is that the girl who testified that she couldn't read the note that lawyers said she wrote because she couldn't read cursive writing?

Okay, that explains things.  This was fraud that led gave prosecutors cause to start the whole trial.

So it would appear … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpFM3BZfKjk
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 09:45:27 AM »
https://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/the-zimmerman-verdict-part-1/
Just a reminder:  Massad Ayoob wrote a series of 20 or so articles documenting the case and trial starting in July 2013 with this one.  Good read if you want to get a good line on the facts of the case.

It is almost hard to believe that happened way back in 2012.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 09:51:35 AM »
He should sue himself too for all the stupid self inflicted times he ended up in the press post Trayvon. He is not a mental giant. But then again neither is the cowgirl hat wearing congresscritter who agitated against him. We...We should just pray for an asteroid to hit that courthouse. [popcorn]
Do you mean that crazy leftist who shot at him while he was driving in his car? 

Zimmerman is not poster boy for good behavior, but he still deserves his rights and deserves not to be railroaded no matter what any of us think of him as a person.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 09:56:33 AM »
Do you mean that crazy leftist who shot at him while he was driving in his car? 

Zimmerman is not poster boy for good behavior, but he still deserves his rights and deserves not to be railroaded no matter what any of us think of him as a person.

Was he not a poster boy before or after all this happened? I have no doubt many people would crack from what politicians and the media have done to him.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 09:59:56 AM »
I saw this story come up on a news station's FB page yesterday. The comments section was filled with oxygen wasters calling for zimmerman's murder.
He has a target painted on him wherever he goes, for the rest of his life.
I hope he wins his defamation suit(s) bigly.

Regardless of what you think of the guy, the level of public gaslighting and viscious smears that happened to him, can happen to any one of us.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 10:26:52 AM »
I wonder if the Martin family has enough assets that can be attached or seized to satisfy a judgment against them.  If there is no potential financial payoff at the end, I wonder how Mr. Zimmerman is paying his lawyers to take the case.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »
I wonder if the Martin family has enough assets that can be attached or seized to satisfy a judgment against them.  If there is no potential financial payoff at the end, I wonder how Mr. Zimmerman is paying his lawyers to take the case.
I guess that depends on if the lawyer can be included in the judgement.  Who paid for the substitute to show up?

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 01:13:46 PM »
They all knew about the fraud from the FL prosecutor down to his parents … while I expect them to get an Obama judge that throws it out of court I think he's due everything he's asking for …  :old:

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2019, 02:29:17 PM »
From another article, I see that there are other defendants that may have insurance and/or governmental or corporate assets to pay any potential judgement: a family attorney, a book publisher and the prosecutor's office.  So that does better explain that there may be a chance of a financial payoff to the suit.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2019, 03:49:04 PM »
One interesting thing has come out of this: Zimmerman reporting what Martin's last words were.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/09/the_trayvon_hoax_unmasking_the_witness_fraud_that_divided_america.html

With his dying breath, Trayvon Martin made a final, desperate request of the man who shot him, “Tell Mama ‘Licia I’m sorry.” I was the first person in the media with whom George Zimmerman shared Trayvon’s last words.

Honestly, despite all his poor choices, this really breaks my heart. Trayvon was failed by all kinds of people in his life that led to his sad ending.

Who is "Mamma 'Licia"? That would be his stepmother that his father left (and took Trayvon away from) and then dumped Trayvon on his biological mother.

And what was Trayvon's final thought? About that stepmother that he'd been separated from by the people who went on to copyright his name.

That's a very sad statement about all of this, if true. No one in his life seems to have had his best interest at heart. And he knew it.