Author Topic: Why Hasn't Trump Done Anything About This Yet!?!  (Read 1479 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Why Hasn't Trump Done Anything About This Yet!?!
« on: December 25, 2019, 09:00:06 AM »
For Christmas day, a lighthearted, and I believe uncontentious political topic that probably everyone in America (barring a few bureaucrats in California) would agree with:

President Trump: WHY HAVE YOU NOT YET REVERSED THE REGULATIONS ON, AND BANNED CARB GAS CANS AND THEIR ASSOCIATED NOZZLES?!?

This one action alone would guarantee Donald Trump the 2020 election, and likely lead to calls for removing the two term limit and make him President for life.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

zahc

• friend
Re: Why Hasn't Trump Done Anything About This Yet!?!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 10:32:46 AM »
Are those two things already on the Trump accomplishment list?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 10:56:00 AM »
Flush toilets (not yet) and light bulbs.  I'd say he has a fair start on POTUSFL.

From the link about the terlets:

Trump said Friday it was “common sense” to review standards he said resulted in showers with water “quietly dripping out” and toilets that “end up using more water” because of repeated flushing.

But the government has also said that the water savings make a difference -- particularly in bathrooms, which represent more than half of all indoor water use. The EPA says an average family can save $380 in water costs per year and save more than 17 gallons per day by using appliances certified to WaterSense standards.

I'm with Trump on this. I live in a house that has one older, tank-type water closet and one comparatively new, water-saver, tank-type water closet. The house is on a septic system. I am pretty certain that the amount of water involved in flushing number 2 from the newer toilet is barely enough to carry the effluent more than about ten feet horizontally -- which won't take it beyond the foundation walls. I use that bathroom for number one, but I try to avoid it for number two. If I must use it for number two, I always flush twice ... and then take more time than usual to wash my hands afterwards, to ensure that more water flors through the system.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »
I believe there were a couple of cases where city sewer folks had to add water to their systems to get the stuff flushed through to their treatment plants properly.

Ecology theatre is just like security theatre.

On the gas cans (POTUSFL = =D) I agree.  I actually found I could not empty one of them completely, regardless of angle or applied gees.  I ended up just parking it in the sun to let the remaining gas evaporate into the atmosphere anyway.

Yup: "Ecology theatre is just like security theatre."

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 11:53:07 AM »
The local farm stores sell "upgrade kits" right beside the gas jugs. Consists of a flexible spout and an add on vent with caps. Drill a 1/2" hole for the vent, pop it in, screw on the new spout and good to go. Of course the package is labeled as not for use with gas cans.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 12:16:15 PM »
The local farm stores sell "upgrade kits" right beside the gas jugs. Consists of a flexible spout and an add on vent with caps. Drill a 1/2" hole for the vent, pop it in, screw on the new spout and good to go. Of course the package is labeled as not for use with gas cans.

Yup, I have several of them, and they are awesome workarounds. However, the good quality high flow ones cost almost half of what a plastic 5 gallon can costs, so these environazis are making me pay 150% the price of what a non-nazi can should cost just to keep from spilling one out of every five gallons on the ground, which is what happens when you use their spouts, which require a three-handed man and a midget to operate.

Also, my fault for not looking carefully, but the last can I bought at Home Despot came with a spout of a different cap diameter than the workaround spouts, so apparently the enviro-nazis are getting wise to the workaround. Luckily this was just a 2.5 gallon can, so it's slightly easier to manipulate than a 5 gallon can. But I still spill.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2019, 12:36:52 PM »
The kits I've been getting come with 2 different screw on cap sizes.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2019, 12:39:27 PM »
The kits I've been getting come with 2 different screw on cap sizes.

Me too, but this last can had a larger diameter than the largest cap in the kit.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2019, 12:46:10 PM »

I bought two of those kits from Tractor Supply earlier this year. They're a Godsend.

Also, you didn't hear it from me but I understand that it's usually possible to "modify" the eco-spouts to disable the feature that requires a third hand to make them pour. Hypothetically, of course.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2019, 03:21:42 PM »

As I have mentioned here before, do NOT drill the vent hole on the seam of the plastic gas can.  Offset it a touch.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2019, 10:41:16 AM »
I have a 20L metal NATO gas can that I bought at Sportsman's Guide a few years ago, but the spout is not vented.  Which means the can is not vented so the gas just gurgles and trickles out.  I don't really want to drill a hole in the can; wish I could find a proper spout for it.  There are some at Amazon for about $19 that kinda look right but no good closeup pictures of the vent tube.
"It's good, though..."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2019, 11:41:45 AM »
I have about 8 of the NATO plastic 20L fuel cans, and would shoot looters over them.  It's a shame you have to smuggle them across the border to get a decent gas can.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2019, 02:37:16 PM »
When I have the occasion to add gas to my M715 from a 5 gallon jug I don't have to worry about spouts and vents. The filler neck on the truck is big enough i can stick my arm down it. I just take the whole cap off the gas jug and just dump it in.

Samuel Adams