Author Topic: Good knife feelz  (Read 644 times)

brimic

• friends
Good knife feelz
« on: November 27, 2019, 05:17:31 PM »
I’ve been carrying Spyderco Delicas since about the mid 90s, and have been through a few of them due to loss or theft. I lost my last one about 3 years ago. I’ve bought many knives since, but none of them seems to fill the hole created by my loss of my last knife. I could never justify paying a huge amount of money for another.
The other day, I was browsing EBay and noted suggested searches or previous searches for ‘used spydercos,’ so I jumped down that rabbit hole. I found a Delica 4, plain edge, listed for $37, with 5 min left in the auction.
I got it for $41, shipped.
It just came in today. It’s in pretty good condition, but pretty dull, I suspect a few passes on the belt grinder will fix that.
It’s in my pocket now, and I feel whole again. It’s just the perfect knife.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Good knife feelz
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 05:20:30 PM »
Awesome, I feel the same since I lost my SOG Clip a few years ago, and I can't find a similar replacement.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 12:15:48 PM »
I feel positively naked without a proper pocket knife on my person. On the rare occasion I've managed to forget it I almost start twitching and having anxiety issues.  =)

My current favorite is the Ken Onion Leek. Unfortunately I have had very bad luck with this knife. I'm on #4 at the moment.
Over the course of about 3 years I've managed to lose 2 and break 1. I lost #1, bent the hell out of the pocket clip on #2 and #3 (black wash color) is the one that broke, I had left it in my pocket and the Mrs. ran it through the laundry and somehow broke about 1/2-3/4" off the tip of the blade, I have not found the broken piece and I figure it will kill either the washer or the dryer in the near future. I Removed the still good pocket clip from #3 and replaced the bent clip on #2 and then lost #2 a month or so later.
I picked up #4 last week.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 02:08:47 PM »
I have several folding knives I cycle through and have owned expensive customs from bob dozier Larry chew and dave broadwell but those are sold and gone. I seem to like my gerber s30v auto some times or a gene Osborne lock back or an old spyderco Wegner.
But what really feels right? Fixed blade belt knives. Small or medium, very very sharp and no moving parts.
A hand forged H Roselli or a custom D2 Mad Poet or even a cheap erikkson carbon steel mora.
My favorite pocket folder is a slim buck knife my wife bought for me our first Christmas together 30 years ago.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 11:23:02 PM by Kingcreek »
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 11:04:45 PM »
The Victorinox Pioneer really feels good to me. For a locking folder, I like the Ganzo G740.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 09:26:12 AM »
I feel positively naked without a proper pocket knife on my person. On the rare occasion I've managed to forget it I almost start twitching and having anxiety issues.  =)

My current favorite is the Ken Onion Leek. Unfortunately I have had very bad luck with this knife. I'm on #4 at the moment.
Over the course of about 3 years I've managed to lose 2 and break 1. I lost #1, bent the hell out of the pocket clip on #2 and #3 (black wash color) is the one that broke, I had left it in my pocket and the Mrs. ran it through the laundry and somehow broke about 1/2-3/4" off the tip of the blade, I have not found the broken piece and I figure it will kill either the washer or the dryer in the near future. I Removed the still good pocket clip from #3 and replaced the bent clip on #2 and then lost #2 a month or so later.
I picked up #4 last week.

I like the design of the Leek. I have a Kershaw auto that has a blade profile similar to, But longer than the Leek
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 11:03:23 AM »
I have a Delica clipped to my pocket right now. Legality here is kinda iffy but idgaf.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila