Author Topic: Tennessee to go Constitutional Carry  (Read 3099 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Tennessee to go Constitutional Carry
« on: February 29, 2020, 10:35:33 AM »
Looks like TN will be going constitutional carry in a bill that guarantees the right while doubling down on "felons with a gun" penalties.

Sadly, at the same time, it appears Hawaii is banning standard capacity magazines and enacting ammo prohibitions (sorry, no link - the headline was behind the paywall of a HI newspaper).

https://clarksvillenow.com/local/gov-lee-announces-legislation-to-remove-handgun-carry-permits-within-tennessee/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Tennessee to go Constitutional Carry
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 10:47:19 AM »
And Connecticut is processing a proposal to add a 35 percent excise tax on ammunition.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 10:51:49 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 12:13:30 PM »
And Connecticut is processing a proposal to add a 35 percent excise tax on ammunition.

Brilliant. Now the people that do own guns can't even afford to train with them. But hey, they can still blame the gun owners for any bystanders that get hurt, so it's all good.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 12:16:41 PM »
Brilliant. Now the people that do own guns can't even afford to train with them. But hey, they can still blame the gun owners for any bystanders that get hurt, so it's all good.  ;/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 08:21:20 PM »
The public hearing on the 35% CT thing was apparently overwhelmingly against it, not that such things hold much sway with our resident busybodies.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 08:36:55 PM »

Yeah. The night before the public hearing I attended a legislative workshop. I know people have been laughing and saying "Well, we'll just drive up to New Hampshire and buy ammo without paying any tax at all, or we'll reload."

So I spoke up to plead with them to SHUDDUP AWREADY! about New Hampshire and reloading, or the legislature will add a ban on importing ammo and a tax on reloading components. Gun people really are their (our) own worst enemies sometimes. Connecticut adopted a "ghost gun" law last year. If people had just kept their pie holes closed about 80 percent receivers, the anti-gun people wouldn't have had a clue about "ghost guns." But, oh no ... Bubba and his buddies just had to flap their gums.

"Loose lips sink ships."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 08:44:54 PM »
while doubling down on "felons with a gun" penalties.

Dems: We need to take everyone's guns away
Also Dems: Preventing felons from purchasing guns is a violation of their rights
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 08:52:57 AM »
Yeah. The night before the public hearing I attended a legislative workshop. I know people have been laughing and saying "Well, we'll just drive up to New Hampshire and buy ammo without paying any tax at all, or we'll reload."

So I spoke up to plead with them to SHUDDUP AWREADY! about New Hampshire and reloading, or the legislature will add a ban on importing ammo and a tax on reloading components. Gun people really are their (our) own worst enemies sometimes. Connecticut adopted a "ghost gun" law last year. If people had just kept their pie holes closed about 80 percent receivers, the anti-gun people wouldn't have had a clue about "ghost guns." But, oh no ... Bubba and his buddies just had to flap their gums.

"Loose lips sink ships."

CT would just ask NH not to sell to CT residents like they do now for MA residents.

CT may have an assault weapons ban, but they forgot to include "firearm" in the law, so now CT residents can buy a "firearm" AR15 lower receiver to build out.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 09:00:39 AM »
Has something changed recently? I've never been carded buying ammo in NH.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 10:37:28 AM »

CT may have an assault weapons ban, but they forgot to include "firearm" in the law, so now CT residents can buy a "firearm" AR15 lower receiver to build out.

I would have to look up the law, but I don't think that works.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 11:21:08 AM »
Has something changed recently? I've never been carded buying ammo in NH.

Even buying from the border stores?  Riley's did when they were around.  Shooter's Outpost did last time I was there.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 11:27:06 AM »
I would have to look up the law, but I don't think that works.

I wrote that wrong.  It should say "other" not "firearm."

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/huge-loop-hole-in-ct-awb-people-are-buying-them-now.325656/

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 11:33:46 AM »
[To be defined as an “Other” firearm:

It’s not a Rifle - it cannot have a rifle stock and it is not designed to be fired from the shoulder - you can use a brace or blade.

It is not a Pistol - it must have a Forward Vertical Grip.

It is not a Pistol - SPECIFICALLY under CT law - the MINIMUM barrel length must be 12”. CT Defines a Pistol as having a barrel length of 12” or Shorter.

It is not an AOW (Any Other Weapon) - it must be over 26” in overall length and have a forward vertical grip./quote]

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 01:02:04 PM »
Even buying from the border stores?  Riley's did when they were around.  Shooter's Outpost did last time I was there.

Riley's is the last one I visited, and my most frequent store when I lived in Londonderry.  Maybe the clerk didn't follow store policy this last time?

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 02:56:56 AM »
CA has a weird ammo law but no one carded me when i bought some white box .38 last week.
( for the first time in a long time )
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

JN01

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2020, 05:03:02 PM »
Not really constitutional carry, permitless carry would be for TN residents only.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 05:55:53 PM »

"Loose lips sink ships."

You are making a profound strategic mistake banking on the ignorance of your enemy.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 07:13:51 PM »
CA has a weird ammo law but no one carded me when i bought some white box .38 last week.
( for the first time in a long time )

Because California is more restrictive than its neighbors.  I don't think anyone is driving from a neighboring state into CA to buy ammo.

Here in New England, Massachusetts and Connecticut are the more restrictive states.  Since MA borders NH, and Boston is only 45 minutes from NH, many MA residents shop in NH, including buying ammo.  It helps that NH doesn't have sales tax.  But, IIRC, the state of MA had threatened to sue/prosecute NH gun stores for selling products to MA residents that are legal to buy in NH.  No NH or federal laws were being broken, but MA threatened anyway because they are Massholes.

Speaking of Massholes, where has Ex-MAhole Mark gone?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 09:50:25 AM »
He still posts on Facebook, so he's at least alive.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2020, 03:41:22 PM »
Because California is more restrictive than its neighbors.  I don't think anyone is driving from a neighboring state into CA to buy ammo.

Here in New England, Massachusetts and Connecticut are the more restrictive states.  Since MA borders NH, and Boston is only 45 minutes from NH, many MA residents shop in NH, including buying ammo.  It helps that NH doesn't have sales tax.  But, IIRC, the state of MA had threatened to sue/prosecute NH gun stores for selling products to MA residents that are legal to buy in NH.  No NH or federal laws were being broken, but MA threatened anyway because they are Massholes.

Speaking of Massholes, where has Ex-MAhole Mark gone?

mark is still around.

.... oops i see i miss posted... i bought some .38 white box at a store here in Reno, which is near CA and nope, no I.D required
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."