Author Topic: New Products Heading into 2020  (Read 1159 times)

MechAg94

• friend
New Products Heading into 2020
« on: December 11, 2019, 09:13:07 PM »
There were a couple of announcements this week.  First, Glock announces a 22 LR pistol.  Then today I see S&W has a Shield EZ 9mm.  I assume there will be more as Shot Show gets closer.

New Glock 44.  Supposed to be the same size as the G19.  I heard it will be above or below $400. 
https://plink44.com/
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-glock-announces-the-new-g44-22-lr-pistol/
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/more-on-the-new-glock-g44-plus-expect-more-than-one-new-gun-tomorrow/

Smith & Wesson Expands M&P Shield EZ Line With New 9mm Models
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/smith-wesson-expands-mp-shield-ez-line-with-a-new-9mm-model/?utm_source=wideopen&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wideopen&utm_content=%5B%5Brssitem_title%5D%5D
Mrgunsngear review.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdb7OuZqGWM

Supposedly Glock was going to announce other models, but I haven't heard anything else.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: New Products Heading into 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 10:04:15 PM »
Saw them.   "Eh" to both.  I can see the market, but it doesn't include me right now.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 10:14:58 PM »
Glock should have introduced that .22LR pistol back when Obama was president.  Kinda late now.  Fewer people are buying .22 now because the prices for guns, ammo, and accessories are all reduced.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 12:53:54 AM »
nevermind
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 05:16:43 AM »
I heard it will be above or below $400. 

Well, that narrows it right down.

Glock should have introduced that .22LR pistol back when Obama was president.  Kinda late now.  Fewer people are buying .22 now because the prices for guns, ammo, and accessories are all reduced.

Should have been the Glock 40
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 06:39:51 AM »
Not really "new", but newly available:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/12/06/mateba-firearms-scheduled-to-make-comeback-in-the-usa-in-2020/

There is a company working to import 6 Unica's (which are still being manufactured in Italy) to the US.  While not inexpensive, the price is cheaper than what one goes for on gunbroker.  I can tell you the store does answer e-mails, seems responsive and optimistic, and is taking deposits for the first batch.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 11:37:19 AM »
H und K is selling a pistol version of the MP5 now, the SP5.  It should be available at your local street gutter soon.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 11:49:06 AM »
Smith & Wesson Expands M&P Shield EZ Line With New 9mm Models
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/smith-wesson-expands-mp-shield-ez-line-with-a-new-9mm-model/?utm_source=wideopen&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wideopen&utm_content=%5B%5Brssitem_title%5D%5D
Mrgunsngear review.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdb7OuZqGWM

The S&W EZ is the BEST answer on the market for the elderly, and small stature women who lack the hand strength to rack other auto-slides.

And it's been my experience these people also find small revolver recoil abusive, and a DA trigger pull unmanageable too.
I promise not to duck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 11:53:50 AM »
The S&W EZ is the BEST answer on the market for the elderly, and small stature women who lack the hand strength to rack other auto-slides.

And it's been my experience these people also find small revolver recoil abusive, and a DA trigger pull unmanageable too.

Seems like that's a market with some good growth potential. Non-gun related, but I've been feeling sorry for my 92 year old dad who was once strong as an ox and a big "I'll do it myself" kind of guy who no longer has the hand strength to press the buttons for releasing a battery on a portable drill.

That, like racking a slide, is something I don't even think about normally. I can see a good size market for guns like the EZ, especially considering a main point of handguns is "equalizing the weak with the strong".

Edit: I just read the comments at the TAG link. Man, there are a lot of jackasses whose response is, "If you can't learn proper technique to rack a slide, don't get a gun". I guess one could also say, "If a baseball bat is too heavy, don't use it as a weapon and just let your attacker have their way with you."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 12:12:07 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 11:57:20 AM »
Seems like that's a market with some good growth potential. Non-gun related, but I've been feeling sorry for my 92 year old dad who was once strong as an ox and a big "I'll do it myself" kind of guy who no longer has the hand strength to press the buttons for releasing a battery on a portable drill.

That, like racking a slide, is something I don't even think about normally. I can see a good size market for guns like the EZ, especially considering a main point of handguns is "equalizing the weak with the strong".

This. And I notice that a lot of drills/power tools have battery releases that even I a 6' 260lb male have trouble with. (shortish fingers) and they take a great deal of force. I suppose it's a lawyer thing, having the battery fall out of the drill, you slip, and drill into your leg etc.

My only wish for the EZ was that it comes out in .32 and .45 for the recoil sensitive. Some are overall recoil adverse, and a .32 is way better than a .22 still, and .45 for the folks who find recoil impulse speed or "sharpness" the problem, not the overall push.
I promise not to duck.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2019, 12:50:43 PM »
I have thought there would be a market for an updated and up-caliber version of the Beretta pistols with the tip-up barrels to load the first round.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2019, 02:07:37 PM »
Well, that narrows it right down.

Should have been the Glock 40
I saw MSRP and MAP pricing were right around $400 give or take some.  Better wording is always a good idea.  I also heard they did an announcement in Europe so this will be sold internationally. 

I just thought the cost was a bit high for a plinker that doesn't have many unique features unless you really like your Glock 19.  The Taurus TX-22 is well liked, holds more ammo, and a lot cheaper.  There will be buyers.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 02:18:48 PM »
H und K is selling a pistol version of the MP5 now, the SP5.  It should be available at your local street gutter soon.

I saw the price on those- they must be made of gold with gemstones inlaid for what they are asking.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2019, 02:46:26 PM »
I saw the price on those- they must be made of gold with gemstones inlaid for what they are asking.

Close.  Made by real Germans, working for the real HK, with real HK machinery.  And if that isn't enough to justify the price, there is always the HK standard, "Because you suck and we hate you."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2019, 03:49:44 PM »
I have also heard it pointed out that other MP5 clones out there are not a great deal cheaper. 

PSA says they are working on a sub-$1000 version.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 04:36:29 PM »
I have also heard it pointed out that other MP5 clones out there are not a great deal cheaper. 

PSA says they are working on a sub-$1000 version.

The best clone is from Zentih Arms.  Made on HK licensed machinery.  Those are still $1,500 retail.

I will buy either the Zenith or the HK because that is as close as I will ever get to owning a real MP5.  And it is a fraction of the price.