Author Topic: Top Iranian general assassinated in Iraq  (Read 16574 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Top Iranian general assassinated in Iraq
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2020, 10:13:51 AM »
Dems need to make their minds up. Susan Rice says the Obama Admin would have taken him out if only they were presented with the opportunity. Doesn't sound like they would have checked with congress first.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/01/04/this-is-a-lie-susan-rices-claim-about-the-obama-admin-and-soleimani-sets-off-bs-detectors-everywhere/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2020, 11:04:41 AM »
Another funny tangent:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/01/04/selective-service-says-spread-of-misinformation-caused-traffic-surge-that-crashed-their-website/

Somehow all the SJWs started a panic regarding the draft being reintroduced. TDS everywhere.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2020, 12:19:03 PM »
Dems need to make their minds up. Susan Rice says the Obama Admin would have taken him out if only they were presented with the opportunity. Doesn't sound like they would have checked with congress first.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/01/04/this-is-a-lie-susan-rices-claim-about-the-obama-admin-and-soleimani-sets-off-bs-detectors-everywhere/
How? By dropping a pallet of money on him?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »
Another funny tangent:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/01/04/selective-service-says-spread-of-misinformation-caused-traffic-surge-that-crashed-their-website/

Somehow all the SJWs started a panic regarding the draft being reintroduced. TDS everywhere.

Been seeing tweets and comments on FB proclaiming that Trump has started WW-III.
Maybe the SJWs will finally make their long over due run for Canada
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2020, 01:00:07 PM »
How? By dropping a pallet of money on him?

I would say 2000 lb bombs and missiles cost quite a bit.  Obama was just trying to cut out the middle man.   =D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJjHZOr6mXY
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2020, 01:00:29 PM »
At this point watching twitter and Fb we may well end up in WWIII. It's okay though because the memes are gonna be lit.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2020, 01:08:22 PM »
At this point watching twitter and Fb we may well end up in WWIII. It's okay though because the memes are gonna be lit.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2020, 07:24:35 PM »
And the stupid train keeps on rolling

Trump decided to kill Iran's General Soleimani in part to appear stronger than Obama was on Benghazi: Report https://t.co/YZLYbBuyJT

— Newsweek (@Newsweek) January 4, 2020

But I like this response

The only people dead after this embassy attack are Iranians.

— Brian Cartwright (@blcartwright) January 4, 2020
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2020, 09:32:06 PM »
I certainly don't want war with Iran.

But Iranian agents sneaking around blowing up American servicemen should be blown to bits.

It's only fair.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2020, 09:51:04 PM »
Trump decided to kill Iran's General Soleimani in part to appear stronger than Obama was on Benghazi

One would certainly hope so.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2020, 09:55:40 PM »
One would certainly hope so.

Yeah but I don't think he meant it as a complement but I know what you mean
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2020, 10:25:48 PM »
The Democrats just can't let up, not even for a moment.

https://apnews.com/75944e42ccc66ac08ee5122e080d7f33

The series of tweets came as the White House sent to Congress a formal notification under the War Powers Act of the drone strike on Gen. Qassem Soleimani, a senior administration official said. U.S. law required notification within 48 hours of the introduction of American forces into an armed conflict or a situation that could lead to war.

The notification was classified and it was not known if a public version would be released. ...

The notification document sent Saturday to congressional leadership, the House speaker and the Senate president pro tempore was entirely classified, according to a senior Democratic aide and a congressional aide. The aides and the senior administration official were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and requested anonymity.

In a statement, Pelosi said the “highly unusual” decision to classify the document compounds concerns from Congress.

“This document prompts serious and urgent questions about the timing, manner and justification of the Administration’s decision to engage in hostilities against Iran,” Pelosi said and reiterated her call for a full briefing for lawmakers.

My take-away on this is that Pelosi is unhappy the notification was classified because that means she can't talk about it to the media. IMHO that's entirely proper. A situation that could result in a war should be debated seriously by the appropriate parties in the government, but it should NOT be used for a series of sound bites during the run-up to a presidential election.

Note to Nancy: SHUT UP, and just do your job.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2020, 10:59:12 PM »

What does Mercedes-Benz have to do with anti-war protests?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2020, 11:17:12 PM »
What does Mercedes-Benz have to do with anti-war protests?

Damned Germans are always starting *expletive deleted*it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2020, 11:22:30 PM »

That one is ripe for a photoshop.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2020, 10:27:05 AM »
Ohhh, mannnn.... I hope my 2S draft classification is still valid.  Glad I kept my old draft card, like they said to.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2020, 12:10:42 PM »
Ran across this interesting link from Reuters. Dateline July 2018:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-usa-threat-idUSKBN1KG16V

I'm not losing sleep over this guys demise.

I still want out of the ME on principal though.

Is there a case to be made where going to war with Iran is in our national best interest? I read a lot and haven't seen a compelling one myself.

It's all "world safe for democracy rhetoric" that has been exposed as nothing but lies for globalist inside dealers.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2020, 12:39:47 PM »
The only real case is that Iran has a history of sponsoring various terrorist groups around the region and the world.  They also provide them with pretty sophisticated arms (Drones, shaped munitions, MRBM's, stuff like that).  Were Iran to get a functioning nuclear weapon manufacturing ability, it is *very* likely that one of those weapons would find it's way into the hands of a terrorist group somewhere.  Note: not the first bomb, or even one of the first ten, but if they have the ability to make weapons on demand, those weapons generally find their way to Muslim terror groups.  Iran is pretty open about using Jihad by small non-state actors as their method of spreading Islam, and exacting revenge for slights (real or perceived).

Whether that is enough of a case for you is up to you.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2020, 12:44:01 PM »
Iran is pretty open about using Jihad by small non-state actors as their method of spreading Islam, and exacting revenge for slights (real or perceived).

And I reckon, whether we're in the ME in a great capacity, limited capacity, or out altogether, we, the great satan, will still be potentially subjected to the acts of those actors just for breathing and having a different philosophy than them.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2020, 03:02:50 PM »
As if they were actually largely observing it anyway

Iran abandons nuclear deal over US killing general
https://www.wave3.com/2020/01/05/iran-abandons-nuclear-deal-over-us-killing-general/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2020, 03:09:40 PM »
VDH has his typically erudite take on things.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/iranian-analytics/

dogmush, I was down with the common consensus on the right and trusted our intelligence services for decades.

I know better now and will adhere to my broad principles until I see a compelling reason to change my mind. My trust in the system is pretty low right now, with good reason.

Hanson is framing Trumps policy as disengaging from the region with guns blazing. So I'm in a wait and see mode.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2020, 06:00:24 PM »
Not sure if this is connected or not

A U.S. servicemember and two American contractors for the Pentagon were killed at the Kenya Defense Force Military Base used by U.S. forces Sunday after a pre-dawn attack by the al-Shabab extremist group, officials said.

Kenya attack by al-Shabab militants kills US servicemember, 2 American contractors
https://www.foxnews.com/world/kenya-military-base-used-by-us-kenyan-troops-attacked-by-al-shabab-4-attackers-reported-killed
- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2020, 06:05:09 PM »
Aaaand we got anti war protesters in town. Not many but still.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/louisville-protesters-voice-concerns-over-rising-u-s--iran/article_eccc3b94-2f38-11ea-8c02-1757662080aa.html

I don't want war either. I prefer obliteration. It's simple, fast, and relatively cheap.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood