Author Topic: Top Iranian general assassinated in Iraq  (Read 16648 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Top Iranian general assassinated in Iraq
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2020, 09:21:05 PM »
Impeachment has been delayed so that democrats can attend memorial services in Iran.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2020, 09:34:03 PM »
Impeachment has been delayed so that democrats can attend memorial services in Iran.

:laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2020, 06:07:23 AM »
If I was Trump I would have sent sympathy cards to all the Dems “Sorry for your loss” 😂

It’s funny how all Republicans  are just a bunch of “literally Nazis” but a regime that murders gays, dissidents, etc and sponsors terrorism is a group to be white knighted for and defended
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2020, 09:39:02 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggh41aHxYeU
I came across this video showing 82nd Airborne preparing for an exercise.  At about 45 seconds in I was wondering if leftists would get mad at them for wearing blackface.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2020, 09:57:10 AM »
From twitter:
BREAKING: Democratic Presidential Candidates are suing Iran over right to use ‘Death to America’ as 2020 Campaign slogan
  =)

Great News!! Guess who finally quit smoking today?? ... Qassim Soleimani.
   :laugh:

Also, someone made a twitter account called Qasem Soleimani, Obvious Parody @Qasam_Soleimani
https://twitter.com/Qasam_Soleimani/status/1213704656851021824?s=19
Thank you to all the brave Americans who are standing with the glorious Islamic Republic of Iran during this trying time.

We never had anywhere near this support back in 1979, and are grateful that you realize that hanging gays and killing women is superior to Western ideals.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2020, 11:37:06 AM »
Also, someone made a twitter account called Qasem Soleimani, Obvious Parody @Qasam_Soleimani
https://twitter.com/Qasam_Soleimani/status/1213704656851021824?s=19

See reply #72.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2020, 12:26:14 PM »
Interesting article on the BBC News website...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50982298?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world/us_and_canada&link_location=live-reporting-story

It discusses, in part, why Soleimani was in Iraq...

I didn't realize that the current Iraqi government was a close to Iran as it apparently is.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2020, 12:27:50 PM »
See reply #72.

Credit to you.  It didn't mention that he quit smoking. 

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2020, 12:28:28 PM »
He was probably smoking for a while after the airstrike.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2020, 12:50:44 PM »
BTW, it was racist of course

There is nothing new about American terrorist attacks against Black and Brown people for the expansion of American imperialism.

— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) January 4, 2020
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2020, 12:56:48 PM »
I'm sure the media/dems will run wild with this

Deeply disturbed by reports that Iranian Americans, including U.S. citizens, are being detained at the Canadian border with WA State.

My office has been working on this all morning. Please contact us with information on directly affected people at WA07PJ_casework@mail.house.gov.

— Rep. Pramila Jayapal (@RepJayapal) January 5, 2020
If you or someone you know has been targeted or detained by CBP officials, please contact my district office at 510-763-0370.

— Rep. Barbara Lee (@RepBarbaraLee) January 5, 2020

CBP calls FAKE NEWS on Dem Reps’ ‘reports’ about what’s happening to Iranian Americans (but not before they got THOUSANDS of retweets)
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/01/06/cbp-calls-fake-news-on-dem-reps-reports-about-whats-happening-to-iranian-americans-but-not-before-they-got-thousands-of-retweets/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2020, 01:00:00 PM »
... and once again, the Bee is closer to reality than the mainstream media:

https://babylonbee.com/news/democrats-call-for-flags-to-be-flown-half-mast-to-grieve-death-of-soleimani

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2020, 01:46:31 PM »
I'm sure the media/dems will run wild with this

CBP calls FAKE NEWS on Dem Reps’ ‘reports’ about what’s happening to Iranian Americans (but not before they got THOUSANDS of retweets)
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/01/06/cbp-calls-fake-news-on-dem-reps-reports-about-whats-happening-to-iranian-americans-but-not-before-they-got-thousands-of-retweets/
If Iranian Americans were getting extra scrutiny at the border during a time like this, wouldn't that be a prudent thing to do?  Not jailing them, but extra scrutiny on who and they are and where they are going.  They can fly to Iran from Canada I believe. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2020, 02:02:21 PM »
If Iranian Americans were getting extra scrutiny at the border during a time like this, wouldn't that be a prudent thing to do?  Not jailing them, but extra scrutiny on who and they are and where they are going.  They can fly to Iran from Canada I believe. 

Oh I agree but the fact is apparently they're trying to push false news (surprise!) for political gain
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2020, 02:02:51 PM »
Is Iraq a sovereign nation at this point, not a nation under occupation of the united states?

If so, what exactly are we doing preforming extrajudicial executions there?  Under what authority?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2020, 02:08:37 PM »
Is Iraq a sovereign nation at this point, not a nation under occupation of the united states?

If so, what exactly are we doing preforming extrajudicial executions there?  Under what authority?

I think Iraq falls under the 2001 (?) AUMF.  Yeah, this execution was probably a stretch.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2020, 02:13:17 PM »
I think the Pakistanis were asking exactly the same questions about the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2020, 02:19:47 PM »

https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/status/1213675053381865472

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2020, 02:41:49 PM »
As long as these terrorists know there is nowhere to run and nowhere to hide, I'm good with it.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2020, 04:58:10 PM »
I think the Pakistanis were asking exactly the same questions about the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.
We have been giving Pakistan a lot of money/support in exchange for supplies passing through to Afghanistan.  I imagine there was some polite conversation about "we won't make a fuss about you supporting/hiding OBL for years in Pakistan if you don't make a big deal out of us killing him in your country." 

Also, I imagine they made some money selling debris from that helicopter we lost there to China or Russia.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2020, 01:32:07 AM »

Iraq IS a sovereign nation.  US forces in Iraq are there at the invitation of the Iraqi Government.

This operation fell under the umbrella of the request from the Iraqi Government to help with ISIS (circa 2014).  Part of that agreement included the right to conduct offensive opwerations in immediate defense of US bases and soldiers in Iraq.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2020, 08:08:49 AM »
Interesting article on the BBC News website...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50982298?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world/us_and_canada&link_location=live-reporting-story

It discusses, in part, why Soleimani was in Iraq...

I didn't realize that the current Iraqi government was a close to Iran as it apparently is.

It has been since it was first constituted
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2020, 08:53:51 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2020, 08:59:57 AM »
Meanwhile in Iran

Soleimani funeral stampede in Iran leaves at least 40 dead, state TV reports
https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-stampede-soleimani-dead-injured-kerman-mourners
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2020, 09:26:07 AM »
Bernie says Trump did the equivalent of Putin assassinating dissidents.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/01/06/unbelievable-bernie-sanders-compares-trump-approving-strike-on-soleimani-to-putin-assassinating-dissidents-zero-pushback-from-cnn-host/

I saw a good quote this morning (paraphrasing): The greatest outrage, anywhere in the world, including Russia and China, regarding us taking out Soleimani,  is coming from US democrats and democratic presidential nominees.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."