Author Topic: Covid-19 Extent  (Read 4439 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Covid-19 Extent
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2020, 09:21:31 AM »
Most will take option b because they have been told it's just the flu.

Because they probably don't have Covid.  The probability is very low right now that any given person has Covid.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2020, 09:23:03 AM »
Sorry, VIP section again but the straight twitter link is below
Very few children around the world are getting coronavirus but experts don’t know exactly why
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/03/05/very-few-children-around-the-world-are-getting-coronavirus-but-experts-dont-know-exactly-why/

https://twitter.com/RichardEngel/status/1232784243631124481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

So we should start harvesting the blood of the young?  I'm already growing two healthy donors at my house.  How much should I charge for transfusions?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2020, 10:05:20 AM »
Sorry, VIP section again but the straight twitter link is below. Not much in the way of details though
Very few children around the world are getting coronavirus but experts don’t know exactly why
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/03/05/very-few-children-around-the-world-are-getting-coronavirus-but-experts-dont-know-exactly-why/

https://twitter.com/RichardEngel/status/1232784243631124481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I've been posting that type of information elsewhere. It's not just COVID-19, but many coronavirii. They just don't really infect children under 12. I know they have a doctor quoted in that article, but my research about SARS and MERS already indicated that those coronavirii don't tend to be particularly dangerous to children and are much harder for children to spread.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2020, 10:04:11 AM »
Hey, I've got a great thought for those of you who think that the "Novel Coronavius"1 is already everywhere.

Since we have indications elsewhere that you can get re-infected after having it, maybe it's not the first round that is deadly, but that it gets worse with each subsequent infection.  [tinfoil]

(Note: I don't think it's already everywhere, so I don't believe this theory. I'm just here to help with some fear-mongering. Be sure to suggest this to your conspiracy minded acquaintances.)

1: I've been noticing in recent reports that the reporters love to use that phrasing... because they think it makes them sound smarter to quote the doctors that are just saying it's new.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2020, 11:32:46 AM »
The latest I heard was that people weren't getting reinfected,  they weren't completely over it in the first place.

If you want to stimulate conspiracy theories, tell everyone Covid-19 is THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN. [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2020, 12:24:25 PM »
The latest I heard was that people weren't getting reinfected,  they weren't completely over it in the first place.

If you want to stimulate conspiracy theories, tell everyone Covid-19 is THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN. [tinfoil]

Considering the inconsistencies with the tests, that would make the most sense.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2020, 02:27:34 PM »
I'm going to lock this thread.  The conversation is very parallel with the one here http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=61872.msg1245097#new so it make sense to combine it into one.  Also going to close the city quarantine thread and unsticky that.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”