Author Topic: China quarantines an entire city  (Read 23659 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
I promise not to duck.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: China quarantines an entire city
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2020, 08:58:31 PM »
https://www.pcgamesn.com/mirror/giveaway-china

Free Pr0n games to citizens to encourage them to stay inside!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2020, 02:21:23 PM »
https://www.pcgamesn.com/mirror/giveaway-china

Free Pr0n games to citizens to encourage them to stay inside!
Did everyone go play with their VPN settings after this was posted? 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2020, 10:54:10 AM »
Well, you HATERS ought to know the REAL danger from the Corona virus is the threat you HATERS pose to our DIVERSITY!!!! YOU RACISTY BIGOTS!

https://www.smh.com.au/national/there-s-a-sickness-more-virulent-than-coronavirus-and-it-s-the-pm-s-job-to-stop-it-20200203-p53x79.html

Look at the data. So far, there's only a 2.2% fatality rate from the virus. Suck is up, wussies, if you MYSTERIOUSLY get the disease, it's almost certain you'll still live.

After all, the 1918 pandemic of Spanish Flu killed 2.5% of infectees. This is a whole .3% LESS fatal!

You're only worried about it because you hate Chinese people.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2020, 10:56:21 AM »
Well, you HATERS ought to know the REAL danger from the Corona virus is the threat you HATERS pose to our DIVERSITY!!!! YOU RACISTY BIGOTS!

https://www.smh.com.au/national/there-s-a-sickness-more-virulent-than-coronavirus-and-it-s-the-pm-s-job-to-stop-it-20200203-p53x79.html

Look at the data. So far, there's only a 2.2% fatality rate from the virus. Suck is up, wussies, if you MYSTERIOUSLY get the disease, it's almost certain you'll still live.

After all, the 1918 pandemic of Spanish Flu killed 2.5% of infectees. This is a whole .3% LESS fatal!

You're only worried about it because you hate Chinese people.

But will the virus kill more or less percent Alphabet POC?  Either answer will be racist and homophobic.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2020, 09:46:05 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2020, 12:20:35 AM »
Even using the official Chinese numbers is scary- they say the death number is roughly 600 to date. 10 days ago they say there were 3000 confirmed cases. They say the incubation time is from a few days to two weeks. It would be most enlightening to know when the deceased were brought in for treatment- if they got infected 10 days ago that would imply a 20% death rate.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2020, 07:16:00 AM »
Even using the official Chinese numbers is scary- they say the death number is roughly 600 to date. 10 days ago they say there were 3000 confirmed cases. They say the incubation time is from a few days to two weeks. It would be most enlightening to know when the deceased were brought in for treatment- if they got infected 10 days ago that would imply a 20% death rate.

That might be optimistic. We actually don't know the number of deaths or infections, only what the ministry of truth tells us. They are almost playing a numbers game where Patient A had corona virus and died of heart disease, patient B died of a stroke, patient C died of cancer,, etc... A country doesn't  isolate 50 million people because of a 100 deaths.

The cat is out of the bag now that a healthy Doctor in his 30s who was persecuted for talking about the virus just recently died.

I never worried about SARS, MERS, or bird flu, but this one has had me worried since day 1.

Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2020, 07:41:30 AM »
I think the number of confirmed cases is now pushing 50,000....

Nope, over 31,000 as of a couple of hours ago, apparently.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/coronavirus-usa-confirmed-cases-news-cruise-ship-death-toll-evacuations-latest-2020-02-06/

CDC is apparently saying that we're not even close to peak yet.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2020, 08:01:08 AM »
The public health boobs in WI may have severely flubbed this one.
Had a patient come to a hospital, tested positive for Corona virus, and sent them to be 'isolated at home.'  :facepalm:

Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2020, 08:02:35 AM »
Possible culprit:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2020, 08:03:57 AM »
A Pangolin?

Doesn't that belong in the 'Combination air fryer/toaster oven thread?'

Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2020, 08:05:47 AM »
A Pangolin?

Doesn't that belong in the 'Combination air fryer/toaster oven thread?'

Ha ha.

Yup - (possibly) Pangolin.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/chinese-scientists-say-pangolin-is-possible-coronavirus-host
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2020, 08:08:04 AM »
The pangolin's scales are considered to be medicinal in traditional Chinese witch doctoring... Convenient if the cause is also the cure...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2020, 08:21:34 AM »
The public health boobs in WI may have severely flubbed this one.
Had a patient come to a hospital, tested positive for Corona virus, and sent them to be 'isolated at home.'  :facepalm:

Actually, this is the preferred method of treatment: if there are no other people at the patient's home, the patient is not acutely ill, the patient can take care of themselves, and the patient will comply with the isolation order, home is the best place for them and they pose no infection risk to others.  The County Health Department will bring them supplies and groceries and monitor the patient.  Hospitals are dangerous and expensive places, and if you can keep the patient out, all the better.

I get all the daily emails on this from CDC and our state and county health departments, and what they did in Wisconsin with this case is not unusual at all.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2020, 08:50:10 AM »
Actually, this is the preferred method of treatment: if there are no other people at the patient's home, the patient is not acutely ill, the patient can take care of themselves, and the patient will comply with the isolation order, home is the best place for them and they pose no infection risk to others.  The County Health Department will bring them supplies and groceries and monitor the patient.  Hospitals are dangerous and expensive places, and if you can keep the patient out, all the better.

I get all the daily emails on this from CDC and our state and county health departments, and what they did in Wisconsin with this case is not unusual at all.

This is very sensible to me. If I'm infected and held in a hospital by force, I'm going to be much less cooperative - especially if I'm only suspected of being infected. In the latter case, I'm potentially subject to actually getting infected by being in a crowded hospital, even if precautions are taken. In the former, I think I'm more of a danger to the public, even if precautions are taken.

Keep me in the comfort of my home, and hey, check up on me several times a day if you want. I'd probably be open to an ankle monitor if you think I'm a "flight risk".

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2020, 09:04:27 AM »
One of my former coworkers (and his family) were quarantined at home because he and his classmates on a senior trip to Mexico were potentially infected with the swine flu. DHEC brought them food and supplies.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2020, 09:09:44 AM »

As long as there is accountability towards the patient staying indoors, and not going out to a store because they need human interaction.

Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2020, 09:15:20 AM »
My biggest concern in a case like that would be what to do with Seren? I guess I'd have to get a neighbor to take her to her daycare and board her there if I couldn't get outside to walk her.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2020, 09:24:00 AM »
As long as there is accountability towards the patient staying indoors, and not going out to a store because they need human interaction.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...

If I get the coronavirus, I don't have to interact with people, AT ALL, and people just bring food to my house!???

/starts researching how to ship a pangolin to the states.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2020, 09:29:39 AM »

If I get the coronavirus, I don't have to interact with people, AT ALL, and people just bring food to my house!???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Literally had me covering my mouth to stop the coffee.  :laugh:

brimic

• friends
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2020, 09:31:46 AM »

Don't forget the free Pr0n games while you are on vacation.

Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2020, 09:37:45 AM »
Don't forget the free Pr0n games while you are on vacation.

Would his "inflatable friend" also be subject to the quarantine?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2020, 09:56:40 AM »
Would his "inflatable friend" also be subject to the quarantine?

Disinfected with fire.

Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2020, 10:11:25 AM »

Post of the day.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.