Author Topic: 1917  (Read 4267 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: 1917
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2020, 12:48:18 PM »
I would give a non-vital organ of my body in exchange for having Alamo Drafthouse up here. I have been to several while doing consulting in other parts of the country, and I like the concept.  There are a very few local theaters doing the same concept, but not as well as Alamo, and the nearest such theater is 35 miles from me.

I've been twice now and I don't think I'll go to a regular movie theater again. Between streaming services and my huge DVD collection, the idea of going out to see a movie at a regular theater just to see if first thing is ridiculous. I'd just rather wait at be able to watch it at home where I can kick back, eat whatever and not pay a fortune. The Alamo actually provides an experience you don't get at home and it's worth the price tag. I lounged back in a recliner, had an Irish Coffee milkshake, fish and chips and fried pickles all delivered to me by silent wait staff.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2020, 02:39:32 PM »
I lounged back in a recliner, had an Irish Coffee milkshake, fish and chips and fried pickles all delivered to me by silent wait staff.

Exactly. What is not to like?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2020, 08:25:15 AM »
Ooohhh...

Fried pickles with fish and chips?

Never thought of that combo before.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.