Author Topic: Looks like Bernie is winning Iowa...  (Read 11501 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Looks like Bernie is winning Iowa...
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2020, 09:52:24 AM »
Strangely, Bootajudge was the winner from Iowa somehow.

I'm still in shock.  The RNC has been the shoot-ourselves-in-the-foot-party for decades.  We nominated feckless RINO turds to face off against BHO. TWICE.

Trump is the most divisive president, ever.  Impeached in the house, under trial in the Senate.

Yet somehow, the Democrats are  desperate to drive their train into a ditch.

But the Dems have the media by and large laying new track in front of the train no matter where it goes.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2020, 10:04:26 AM »

I'm still in shock.  The RNC has been the shoot-ourselves-in-the-foot-party for decades.  We nominated feckless RINO turds to face off against BHO. TWICE.

Trump is the most divisive president, ever.  Impeached in the house, under trial in the Senate.

It really is bizarre.

The Dole, Bush, Mcain, Romney and Trump votes be were all desperation votes to slow down the descent into societal insanity.

Only Trump, of all people, is actually governing from the right.

The Democrats are on the crazy train, the Double Down Express to Oblivion.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2020, 10:28:34 AM »
Trump wouldn't be so divisive if he didn't have enemies .....  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2020, 11:18:58 AM »
Ron noted:

It really is bizarre.

The Dole, Bush, Mcain, Romney and Trump votes be were all desperation votes to slow down the descent into societal insanity.

It's not so bizarre when you consider that Communism is born out of confusion and discontent.

The trouble is, ever since the excesses of Senator Joseph McCarthy's "McCarthyism" of the late 1940s, people have been afraid to use the term Communist or communism for fear of being called "paranoid" and making baseless accusations.

And...

The Democrats are on the crazy train, the Double Down Express to Oblivion.

...this is all part of the plan.  Whip 'em up, block or malign all rational processes, break away from any sense of decorum (as in the Speaker's tearing up of her copy of the SOTU), and spread hate and discontent far and wide.

All part of the plan.

And, unfortunately, too many people still vote with their bellies instead of our previous national values.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2020, 11:43:02 AM »
Well, looks like the Dems have finally thrown in the towel and are calling in an outside expert to get this all sorted out...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2020, 11:57:40 AM »
Well, looks like the Dems have finally thrown in the towel and are calling in an outside expert to get this all sorted out...

Finally had to call in one o' tham ther' 'listists with his countin' and figgerin'.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2020, 12:46:27 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2020, 01:29:48 PM »
Poor Warren

https://twitter.com/SirajAHashmi/status/1224915808469553152

One of the comments was great:  "She only received 1/1024th of a delegate."
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2020, 04:58:29 PM »
Hold on

There will be a minor correction to the last batch of results and we will be pushing an update momentarily.

— Iowa Democrats (@iowademocrats) February 5, 2020
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2020, 10:02:57 PM »
They may never straighten out this mess

NYT’s Nate Cohn says latest results from Iowa have entered many Bernie Sanders results as Deval Patrick or Tom Steyer
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/02/05/nyts-nate-cohn-says-latest-results-from-iowa-have-entered-many-bernie-sanders-results-as-deval-patrick-or-tom-steyer/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2020, 10:16:43 PM »

Careful,  I hear that anything short of perfect, verbatim spelling and pronunciation of "Mayor Pete's" impossible to read surname is grounds for a paddlin' here  :facepalm:
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2020, 10:27:34 PM »
And as a surprise Hillary wins.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2020, 10:48:34 PM »
And as a surprise Hillary wins.

I'd prefer Pat Buchanan won.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2020, 11:09:55 PM »
Careful,  I hear that anything short of perfect, verbatim spelling and pronunciation of "Mayor Pete's" impossible to read surname is grounds for a paddlin' here  :facepalm:

You can't even just shorten it to "Mayor Butt" because there actually *is* a Mayor Butt (Tom Butt, of Richmond, CA)
"It's good, though..."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2020, 12:32:10 AM »

We have gotten a little fast and loose with the no nicknames rule.  It's no like it's that hard to type Buttigieg.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2020, 07:36:48 AM »
We have gotten a little fast and loose with the no nicknames rule.  It's no like it's that hard to type Buttigieg.

Well you can just say "Pete" or "Mayor Pete"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:37:04 AM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2020, 08:52:59 AM »

Playing on the fact that its hard to pronounce his name.
Using his name to make homosexual jokes is what got the mods worked up last time and I'd consider that a serious violation of the Art's Grandma clause.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2020, 09:07:54 AM »
If you're going to make a rule, it should be enforced or repealed.
Ya know, like immigration laws  :P
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2020, 09:09:29 AM »
Won't do it again. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2020, 09:27:14 AM »
Trump wouldn't be so divisive if he didn't have enemies .....  [tinfoil]
Ummm . . . dems aren't really going after Trump, they're going after us.

Trump is just in their way.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2020, 08:01:18 PM »
Ummm . . . dems aren't really going after Trump, they're going after us.

Trump is just in their way.

Yea,  but that's been true for longer than Trump has been prez. 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2020, 10:01:33 PM »
We have gotten a little fast and loose with the no nicknames rule.  It's no like it's that hard to type Buttigieg.

Mea culpa.

Color me annoyed when everyone (including mods) else gets away with the obvious low hanging fruit...
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2020, 10:12:24 PM »
Finally Iowa...

Virtual tie with Bernie and Pete, both got 11 delegates from Iowa for the National Convention.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2020, 10:33:11 PM »
Finally Iowa...

Virtual tie with Bernie and Pete, both got 11 delegates from Iowa for the National Convention.

22 delegates for Hillary. Check
- Calvin and Hobbes