Author Topic: Anyone wear titanium jewelry?  (Read 1678 times)

DigMe

Anyone wear titanium jewelry?
« on: May 15, 2005, 03:33:31 AM »
So last year I lost my wedding ring somewhere somehow.  I've finally gotten around to having a little money to replace it.  I started perusing the jewelry at Overstock.com and came across all these rings made of titanium and gold.  Personally I don't want to spend a lot on a ring, just want to have a symbol of my marriage on my finger and I thought these titanium rings looked pretty good.  I ended up paying $55 for it after this special 12% off offer I came across.  I think it doesn't look too bad.  I haven't received it yet to see it in person though.

here's a pic:

Anyone else have titanium jewelry?!

brad cook

Happy Bob

• friend
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 06:17:40 AM »
I don't have any, but I sort of disagree with one of your statements. I think that yours looks a lot better than "not too bad."

Smiley
WE DON'T WEAR FUR.
(We have it made into Cowboy Hats)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 07:50:33 AM »
Not bad looking, but not really to my taste in metallic jewelry.  Of course, its what you and your mate think of the item is what counts.
I'm a Pewter man, myself.
Hmmmm...never considered that for jewelry.

Platinum: Nice. shiny and attractive.

Gold: Pretty, very pretty.

Silver: GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME!!!  Cheesy
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 08:27:30 AM »
My watch has a titanium case and a leather strap. Weighs nothing.

I like the look. More of a silver-y man than a gold-y man. For a wedding ring though, I like my brothers, gold band, not particularly thick but a near hemispherical cross-section. It is gold, but I still like it. Might get one in platinum, then when my muscles waste with advanced age I'll get a lightweight titanium one - that is why you want titanium right?
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 08:38:11 AM »
My wedding band is silver for two reasons. One, I don't like the look of gold. Two, I'm allergic to the stuff.
I no longer wear my band if I'm doing anything remotely physical, as I've started to wear down the pattern. When I get a chance, I plan to have a duplicate created from titanium. A buddy of mine had it done, and loves his.
Hi.

Justin

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 12:32:59 PM »
What, no Reardon Metal?  ;-)
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 01:24:43 PM »
What, no Reardon Metal?
heh. I wish.
Hi.

J.J.

• Just your average
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 06:12:38 PM »
I bought a titanium wedding ring a few months ago myself&paid almost what you did (overstock.com?)  Mine is all silver colored brushed titanium though.  I haven't put it on much yet. (can't wear it till July when I get married.)  BUT- from fondling it I will tell you its nice.  The thing weighs so little.  I have put it on for an hour or two and forget its on.  since I have never worn a ring thats a big statement.  I like how little the thing actually weighs thats one reason I got a titanium.  Best of luck with it.  Let me...err us know how it works out.

Mine is going to be the ring I wear until I can afford a tungsten carbide one... The down side of the titanium is that it can get scuffed up (the finish) tungsten can't.

DigMe

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2005, 06:53:33 PM »
Quote from: J.J.
(overstock.com?)
Quote from: DigMe
I started perusing the jewelry at Overstock.com and came across all these rings made of titanium and gold.
:p

Quote from: J.J.
Let me...err us know how it works out.
Will do.  The ring that I lost was a combo of white and yellow gold, was not comfort-fit and was a tad big.  This made it ucomfortable.  I'm have higher hopes for this ring.  

brad cook

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 01:03:14 AM »
Hit ebay...rings from gold to titanium and at a great price.  I just picked up a 1/2 carat diamond, 10K gold ring for under $50!  Went window shopping at the mall to price compare for kicks, I was shocked at their price markup.  I purchased one ring for $50 on ebay and the same ring was going for $400 at a "discount" jewelry.
Career Corrections

JAlexander

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 05:40:09 AM »
My wedding ring is titanium and I love it.  My wife and I talked about it for a while, and I decided to get the titanium band because I've beaten silver rings to death.  We didn't want that to happen, and tthe titanium band seemed like the way to go.  If I had it to do over again I might get one of white gold instead, but that's only because my wife's ring is of white gold.
I think you did good, though.  Inexpensive and attractive.  What's not to like?

James

client32

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 06:45:27 AM »
My first wedding band was Ti.
I really liked it.  Got it to try to keep from beating it to death, like JAlexander.  I have gone on to a really cheap silver one at the moment.  The old one doesn't fit anymore.  I guess I'm getting fat.
It feels like plastic and sure doesn't change shape.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.