Author Topic: It's About Dang Time *^&%$^ Netflix!  (Read 605 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
It's About Dang Time *^&%$^ Netflix!
« on: February 07, 2020, 09:39:29 AM »
Netflix will now, FINALLY, let you turn off that stupid "preview autoplay" thing. I'm apparently not the only one who hates it, as it appears to be one of the biggest complaints about their service that they have ignored, because they know better than the people who use their service.

Sorry for The Verge link, but I have to admit, the line about the Star Wars guy "Playing a console game involving navigating Netflix without triggering autoplay promos" was pretty dang funny. I do that all the time when I navigate the site on my TV. It's much easier to play "Frogger" as it were, with your mouse arrow when browsing on the computer, but with the TV remote, it's a speed/skill game.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/6/21126867/netflix-autoplay-feature-disable-homepage-episodes-series
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: It's About Dang Time *^&%$^ Netflix!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 09:58:46 AM »
I noticed that also.  I am new to Netflix.  At first, I thought it was playing the preview, but realized later it was starting the movie.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 10:04:13 AM »
I noticed that also.  I am new to Netflix.  At first, I thought it was playing the preview, but realized later it was starting the movie.

They actually have two autoplays - one automatically starts shows or movies, but the (to me) more annoying one is the one that just autoplays previews of whatever your mouse is hovering over or your TV remote is stopped at.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 11:57:21 AM »
It's a step in the right direction. But they still clobber movie credits with promos too. That was the worst one to me.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine