Author Topic: Like sitting in a barbershop chair looking in a mirror at a mirror behind you...  (Read 1332 times)

Furious Styles

http://www.appleswitcher.com/viewtopic.php?t=29815

If being (in)famous weren't such a scary PITA proposition ...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
1.  Why do you keep going back to that Apple board?

2.  Why give us a link to a thread that mocks you?

3.  What was your problem on the THR thread?  He said he stuck his hand in his pocket and put his hand on the gun.  The gun was in his pocket.  It was not drawn, so far as I can tell.  To an on-looker, he was just giving the bad guy the evil eye. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Furious Styles

What was your problem on the THR thread?  He said he stuck his hand in his pocket and put his hand on the gun.  The gun was in his pocket.  It was not drawn, so far as I can tell.  To an on-looker, he was just giving the bad guy the evil eye. 

The person came off like a loose cannon at the time.

As to the rest of it, imagine that a group of a half dozen people or more spend an inordinate amount of time reading everything that you post, and then commenting on it. The mockery doesn't bother me any more, but the diminishing returns that someone might get out of such behavior do. Eventually unsatisfied with treating me like a lab rat at a distance, one of these people might just escalate this one day into a more personal experience. That's a real concern.

glockfan.45

• friend
imagine that a group of a half dozen people or more spend an inordinate amount of time reading everything that you post, and then commenting on it.

While I'm flattered by your praise contrary to popular belief I am only one man  grin . Honestly let it go already, or the temptation to join the  uncivilized swine that mock you may become too much for others to bear.
A new place to disuss all things firearms related
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/

Furious Styles

imagine that a group of a half dozen people or more spend an inordinate amount of time reading everything that you post, and then commenting on it.

While I'm flattered by your praise contray to popular belief I am only one man  grin . Honestly let it go already, or the temptation to join the  uncivilized swine that mock you may become too much for others to bear.

The difference is where it is that these discussions take place. Over on THR is fine; I can deal with the adulation and a little shin-humping.  cheesy

Really, I hear you, but if there were sufficient temptation it would have been there for so long, with the efforts so outlandish on their part, that if I were to have "snapped," it would have been a long, long time ago.

glockfan.45

• friend
Actually I would like to see the thread where all your troubles started over on the apple forum. I am curious as to what the catalyst was that triggered your persecution.
A new place to disuss all things firearms related
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/

Furious Styles

Actually I would like to see the thread where all your troubles started over on the apple forum. I am curious as to what the catalyst was that triggered your persecution.

At its root? The primary cause would have to be telling the absolute, unadulterated truth to a few thin-skinned internet-emperor types about their new wardrobes. If you're old enough to remember "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074016/"" target="_blank">LaVerne & Shirley," imagine dealing with Lenny and Squiggy behind keyboards.

Read this: http://siodmak.com/?p=79

And then read this: http://www.appleswitcher.com/viewtopic.php?t=29647

That's how they treat someone that they haven't been hounding since the late 90s.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Fistful, I agree. I'm trying to figure out who the loose cannon was in that THR thread, and I don't think the original poster was it.  Furious Styles is reminding me more and more of the Rex Kramer character in Kentucky Fried Movie's "Danger Seekers" skit.

Our "persecuted" hero, however, let loose with a verbal barrage, founded, I suppose, on his own self-defense CCW experience (always the textbook example for everybody else's CCW decisions, of course):

I love these two-legged-goblin, anti-two-legged-goblin stories and ripostes.

Any of you suckers ever heard of "threshold of response"?

If you're going to do something about a surly purse snatcher, it'd better be to tackle him and hold him for the police. (G-98 insert: WTF? Yeah, they teach that in CCW class, don't they? Who's huffing testosterone, now?)

If he were forcing the woman and child into the car it would be different, but that moment never arrives in your little scenario.

Lots of bold CCW/CHPers, lots of old CCW/CHPers, not too many of both.

Stop huffing each other's testosterone out of an ammo can before someone really goes out there and does something stupid, please.

The thread's author had gone to Jeff Cooper's Condition Orange, meeting the readiness condition by putting his hand on his CCW weapon, then unhanded it as the situation went back down to Condition Yellow.  He was there, he witnessed what was happening (as did his wife), and took measures to protect himself and perhaps even the unaware woman and her daughter. So you slam it as huffing testosterone.  Nice. Then you take it further.

Yes, with your hand wrapped around the butt of your weapon.

Do I need to paint a picture?

So we CCW holders are now "suckers" and reminiscent of Festus.  Nice backpedaling later in the thread though, with your "clearing leather on a couple occasions" bit.  Were they justified, or any better or worse than the author's original scenario?

There are victims of criminal attack, and there are survivors.  Which are you?  These people managed to avoid something potentially unpleasant by keeping an eye out and maintaining good awareness.  They weren't looking for a gunfight, or trying to test a new defensive handload.  The scenario was so out of whack that the author's wife even said the situation didn't look right.  So if somebody else agrees with the original author's course of action, this is what they get from you:

I don't think that he was in a position to consider using his weapon, and I've said what I had to say. Go troll someone else.

Who's the troll?  sad

BTW, wanna hear about the home invasion goblin vs. my Remington 870 story, which happened twice in a neighborhood in the PRK?  I can even produce the police reports.  Want to pick it apart?  I'm a big boy, I'll take the deputy sheriff hat off and you can let loose all you want, no retribution other than defending your actions to those on this forum who question your motives.  How's that?  angry
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Furious Styles

Fistful, I agree.

Uh, Gewehr, that's an awful lot of reaction on your part for an out of date thread from forever ago.

Anything else we need to know about?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
I never saw the thread, I was already ignoring your stuff before that happened, unless you brought it front and center, like in this particular thread.

So then, why did you introduce it to this thread?

Anything else we need to know about?

Yeah, there is.

Are you here at APS posting all this crap and looking for pity?

I watched you jump into THR from the first day, and if I remember correctly, I called you out on a couple instances of foot-in-mouth disease.  You even used the term "bowl-floater" in a thread subject line, attracting the ire of one of the mods there. Smooth. Consider your audience, will you?

I'm beginning to understand why you have the fan club you do from the Apple/Mac forum.

The First Amendment guarantees your freedom from Government interference in speech.  It does not, however, absolve one from owning up to what they said.  If you have diarrhea of the mouth, you get to clean up after yourself, period.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

mtnbkr

• friend
Here's an idea and maybe a clue:  stop bringing your crap here

Chris

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Here's an idea and maybe a clue:  stop bringing your crap here

Chris
I agree.  Definitely a thread about nothing.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Lee

• friend
Alec Baldwin was taunting me from the TV until I learned how to use the remote.
I now watch a different program.  That's the beauty of electronic devices, they can be turned on and off, the program/site can be changed, you can use a multitude of user IDs, get a new E-mail address.

They cannot do anything to you that you don't allow, or even encourage them to do.  Move on.