Author Topic: This Presidents’ Day is Brought To You By Ignorance  (Read 1619 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
This Presidents’ Day is Brought To You By Ignorance
« on: February 17, 2020, 01:05:11 PM »
And oikophobia. And not a little credulity.

I have just been treated to some idiocy, and I need to vent. A customer came in today, and Conspiracy Coworker asked him something about working on Presidents’ Day. Our customer then starts spewing some garbled nonsense I can only assume he got from some learned worthy with a YouTube channel. The lowlights are these:

Our constitution contains so many checks and balances, including presidential term limits, because everyone thought George Washington was a Big Meanie.

Abraham Lincoln, a strong supporter of slavery, drove the South to secede over his plan to impose a tax on slaves. He was also a Big Meanie.

I hope I don’t need to point out that, aside from anyone’s opinion on these two presidents, or the accompanying historical facts, the two theses above are just nonsense based on nothing. Conspiracy Coworker immediately agrees with these feces theses. He fears nothing more than a) appearing insufficiently cynical and skeptical, and b) someone thinking he cares about anything.

Upon the departure of Credulous Customer, I remarked on how inane his (the customer’s) comments had been. Conspiracy-bro’s reaction, not surprisingly in hindsight, was to claim that it’s all a matter of which history books one reads, and that he is conversant with the slavery-tax and everyone-hated-George schools of American history. This caused me, unfortunately, spasms of uncontrollable laughter. Unfortunate because this further triggered Conspiracy-bro, the guy I have to work with all day. He decided to interpret my laughter as anger, somehow. As if I was simply unable to cope with anything less than worshipful admiration of Our Great Presidents, so I was laughing out my anger. Or something. As if I’m unwilling to admit there are different points of view.

Now I’m the bad guy for not immediately affirming this cracked version of history. Some people just don’t seem to get that you can have a view of history in between America the Flawlessly Beautiful and Everything Is a Lie. I guess they haven’t tried actually reading any history books, and just settle for Vox Explainers about how the 3/5 compromise meant that black people were only allowed to vote once they had 2/5 of their bodies cut off. Or something.

I give up.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: This Presidents’ Day is Brought To You By Ignorance
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 01:20:03 PM »
Another reason to work for the Feds. you don't to work on pseudo-holidays (Federal Holiday only).

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 01:44:36 PM »
Maybe you should have asked him how the Jews were involved.  You could then be entertained all day. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 02:07:59 PM »
Maybe you should have asked him how the Jews were involved.  You could then be entertained all day. 

He does plenty of fretting about the Jews. He's one of those people that doesn't think they're really Jews. :facepalm:

He also says Sanders will be denied the nomination because he's pro-Palestinian.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 02:26:33 PM »

And you can't leave out the Masons
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 02:54:19 PM »
And you can't leave out the Masons

And Templars, Evangelicals, John Bolton, etc.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 03:44:18 PM »
I had a (now ex) coworker who believed the whole Moorish American conspiracy among all kind of other crazy things like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Alexander Hamilton were really black- because white people don't have those surnames and these people purposely created an illusion of being white by having white stand-ins for their portraits.  :laugh:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

griz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 03:48:06 PM »
He's one of those people that doesn't think they're really Jews.

He doesn't believe the people that claim to be Jews are Jewish or he doesn't believe Jews exist at all?  Either way I guess he's reality challenged.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 06:16:00 PM »
I had a (now ex) coworker who believed the whole Moorish American conspiracy among all kind of other crazy things like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Alexander Hamilton were really black- because white people don't have those surnames and these people purposely created an illusion of being white by having white stand-ins for their portraits.  :laugh:

We have such sights to show you.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/iyu33DqLw6Q8/

18 min of that crazy in a humorous format, courtesy Mister Metokur.  Happy black history month.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 07:34:44 PM »

We have such sights to show you.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/iyu33DqLw6Q8/

18 min of that crazy in a humorous format, courtesy Mister Metokur.  Happy black history month.

Africans were so advanced that they had no use for the wheel, the whites stole all of the technology and enslaved the peaceful ebonites.

Barack Obama

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 09:05:05 PM »
Africans were so advanced that they had no use for the wheel, the whites stole all of the technology and enslaved the peaceful ebonites.

It's all Yakoob's fault
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 09:30:20 PM »
It's all Yakoob's fault
If he wasn’t such a ballsack head, the Ebonites would be colonizing the stars instead of shitting in their drinking water right now.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 09:51:23 PM »
He doesn't believe the people that claim to be Jews are Jewish or he doesn't believe Jews exist at all?  Either way I guess he's reality challenged.

I haven't asked him to explain it. I believe there's a theory that European Jews are either pretending, or they aren't really descended from Abraham (just converts, I guess). Anyway, there's some nefarious purpose. They are or are not Joooos, so - yeah.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 10:41:44 PM »
I thought I remember some group in Eastern Europe or Asia that ended up converting and the people claimed current Jews all descend from them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 10:55:15 PM »
Lets see.  IIRC, the Rothchilds are actually Idumean, not Jewish.  Or, it was the Kazars.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 12:54:57 AM »
I don't buy into the silly conspiracy theories about teh Jooos. I just hate doctors and dentists, and I figure that covers it.

griz

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 06:37:24 AM »
You should throw politicians in that group to cover all the bases, but that may go without saying, even though I said it.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.