Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 450484 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #1875 on: April 02, 2020, 11:20:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152

Just a timeline reminder on what the WHO was saying in mid-January.  Given events since then, I have to think this was just them repeating Chinese propaganda. 

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #ChinaFlag of China.  5:18 AM · Jan 14, 2020
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1876 on: April 02, 2020, 11:23:11 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1a4Pq5GQBc&feature=emb_logo
Tucker: WHO chief praises, covers for China
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1877 on: April 02, 2020, 11:27:19 AM »
Back to Houston, TX  

https://twitter.com/urbanreformorg/status/1245376308386938881

"Apparently, burglaries are already up 19% according to Chief Acevedo, and if we are allowing these people back on the street burglaries will go up more,"
@TravisDistrictG
  on Judge Hidalgo's move to release 1,000 inmates currently being held for nonviolent offenses.

I think it would be nice to stop using the "non-violent" label.  Maybe change that to non-violent/non-destructive. 

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #1878 on: April 02, 2020, 11:30:55 AM »
Here it is again - eh - still! Pelosi and her democrat ilk are playing games with a bent toward their agenda showing no focus toward the problem at hand. They are simply taking undue advantage of the (for lack of a better word) "panic" that they - via their buddies in the press - are hyping. It appears to be easy for them to disregard our plight. This tells me they don't give a rats arse about We the People. They are despotic. There is no polite way to address them. They are what they are.

Woody

Maybe they know the virus will burn out or that there is treatment that will work.

Maybe the infections and deaths related to delay are just considered acceptable collateral damage in their war against Heritage America.

Maybe both above are true.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #1879 on: April 02, 2020, 11:33:29 AM »
I think that's true if it is a tested and deployed bioweapon. If it is an accidental release of an experimental sample, maybe yes, maybe no. I'm not saying it is or isn't a bioweapon, but if it were, say in the early stages of development and accidentally got released, it might not be as "fully cooked" as they say.

It all makes the lack of information and the disinformation coming out of China that much harder to sift through. On the devil's advocate side, I'm not sure if a bioweapon were accidentally released from a US lab, that we would admit it.

It's a heck of a crappy weapon that has such a low lethality . . . .

I suppose we'll never know for sure, which I've become accustomed to and frankly comfortable with, but this virus bears more hallmarks of it being natural than man-made.  As far as the US admitting to an accidental release of a bio-weapon; oh HELL no!
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1880 on: April 02, 2020, 11:45:48 AM »

I suppose we'll never know for sure, which I've become accustomed to and frankly comfortable with, but this virus bears more hallmarks of it being natural than man-made.  As far as the US admitting to an accidental release of a bio-weapon; oh HELL no!
I doubt the US would admit it (at first), but the likelihood of the information leaking is pretty high.  How far it goes from there is questionable.  Even China had information leaking out even though the consequences of leaking appear to be pretty severe. 

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #1881 on: April 02, 2020, 11:47:07 AM »
I didn't read the or watch the link so maybe it covers what I've stumbled over.

I've read about a potential connection with a lab in one of the Carolina's as well as in Canada.

Also about Chinese and Chinese Americans being picked up for transferring technology etc related to infectious diseases.

I'm in the we'll never really know camp myself.

Reality is frequently crazier than fiction.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #1882 on: April 02, 2020, 12:00:03 PM »
I still believe it’s a test run for a more potent bioweapon. Now the Chicomms know how the world reacts (shooting itself in the head while still acting to spread the virus) and how it quickly it spreads. They will also for sure note the effect on the military.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #1883 on: April 02, 2020, 12:02:10 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUo1w5aSkro

Short version: virus researcher at Chinese biolab collects samples from bats.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #1884 on: April 02, 2020, 12:03:09 PM »
I didn't read the or watch the link so maybe it covers what I've stumbled over.

I've read about a potential connection with a lab in one of the Carolina's as well as in Canada.

Also about Chinese and Chinese Americans being picked up for transferring technology etc related to infectious diseases.

I'm in the we'll never really know camp myself.

Reality is frequently crazier than fiction.

Watch the interviews.
This guy literally wrote the book on this in 2000.

At most, I would accept the theory that they discovered COVID19 and were researching it when it got out.

But all evidence points to it jumping from animals in the wet markets to humans.
The wet markets are perfect breeding grounds of disease, with wild animals being kept alive in close proximity to each other and with people.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1885 on: April 02, 2020, 12:05:35 PM »

While I'm more open to it now, I still give it less of a chance of being a bioweapon than something else. Though (and Boomhauer beat me to the punch) as we see with world reaction, high lethality rate isn't necessary for a bioweapon, depending on what your endgame is.

What's that old saw? The threat of torture is more effective than torture itself?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #1886 on: April 02, 2020, 12:07:27 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUo1w5aSkro

Short version: virus researcher at Chinese biolab collects samples from bats.

Accidentally released from a lab research facility: plausible.
Bioweapon: doubtful
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1887 on: April 02, 2020, 12:14:59 PM »
Just back from the local grocery store.

Literally(!) tons of potatoes now, plenty of onions, decent apple selection, but low on everything else vegetable and fruit. Ice cream is back. Decent stock of milk, eggs, bread, and meat. All other stuff, like canned and dry goods in good to just okay shape. Low stock of flour and sugar.

Holy crap, man - when are people gonna have enough TP and paper towels?!? Still completely empty in that aisle. Low to no stock on cleaning chemicals.

I have to wonder how much disinformation is playing into things. One of our local characters was telling the other 4-5 people in the store that we had better stock up right now, because he just heard Homeland Security made an announcement, and in the next day or two, everyone everywhere would be on lockdown for two weeks - not even any trips to the grocery store.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1888 on: April 02, 2020, 12:17:11 PM »
Accidentally released from a lab research facility: plausible.

I do still think that is very plausible. Doesn't have to be nefarious. It could easily be researchers trying to do good work colliding with failed protocols.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1889 on: April 02, 2020, 12:19:07 PM »

Was it germplasm you read about?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1890 on: April 02, 2020, 12:21:15 PM »
Watch the interviews.

At most, I would accept the theory that they discovered COVID19 and were researching it when it got out.

But all evidence points to it jumping from animals in the wet markets to humans.
The wet markets are perfect breeding grounds of disease, with wild animals being kept alive in close proximity to each other and with people.

I'm thinking stock in tin foil companies might be a good investment.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1892 on: April 02, 2020, 12:27:50 PM »
Watch the clip I shared.

Watch the interviews.

I did.  And I don't disagree with him.  It jumped from animals to humans in the time frame that he stated.  He is 100% correct that that can be tracked pretty definitively and he is, as you say, an expert.  I take issue with the assumption taken as fact that the jump was in the wet market down the street from the bioweapons lab that has ties to folks that  were arrested for smuggling viable diseases.  I agree also that if this is a fully finished weapon it's pretty shitty.

I'm pretty sure this is a bioweapon under development that jumped from a lab animal to a person either through accident, or incompetence.  Not as a conspiracy theory, but more like pretty compelling circumstantial evidence. The PRC has an active bioweapons program in Wuhan.  They test on bats and other animals (based on open source records), historically commie lab janitors and waste disposal folks have bad records with really dangerous materials handling, and the PRC reaction, from the beginning, was out of sync with their reactions to other china based new viruses. As if they knew something would be bad about this one earlier than they should have.

I have no idea if the world will ever admit it, but if there's another Snowden out there who's nana is going to die next month, we might get hard evidence.  Honestly I'm not sure if we SHOULD admit it.  If this kills a bunch of people and there's public proof it was a PRC bioweapon, that's how wars start.  

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1893 on: April 02, 2020, 12:31:23 PM »
While I don't subscribe to the it's a bio weapon theory I do have this nagging thought of how something like C19 could be used.

What's been China biggest beef for the past 70 years? Taiwan
What's the biggest obstacle in their way in taking care of that little problem? The USA
So lets say they decide to invade Taiwan but need to distract the USA but not destroy them since they're their biggest trading partner. They just need to keep us busy.
After the smoke clears they have settled their little Taiwan problem while still having a largely intact money pit begging for cheap Chinese goods.
Problem is for them it escaped.

Not saying it was intended to be used that way or not, just an idea of how it could be used nothing more
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 01:06:06 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1894 on: April 02, 2020, 12:44:54 PM »
Again, now is not the *expletive deleted*ing time for this horse *expletive deleted*it. Save it for the usual "we told you so! This is how we would have done it!" hindsight crap for after the event.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-creates-new-house-committee-for-coronavirus-oversight-with-subpoena-power

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1895 on: April 02, 2020, 12:50:11 PM »
Again, now is not the *expletive deleted*ing time for this horse *expletive deleted*it. Save it for the usual "we told you so! This is how we would have done it!" hindsight crap for after the event.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-creates-new-house-committee-for-coronavirus-oversight-with-subpoena-power

Unlike the 9/11-style after-action committee to investigate missteps in the coronavirus response that Rep. Adam Schiff and others have proposed, Pelosi said this committee is designed to address the "here and now" -- specifically concerning the allocation of the historic amount of federal funds directed to economic recovery.

It's all about the money. They're POed many of their $$$$ pet protects got cut out.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #1896 on: April 02, 2020, 01:51:07 PM »
You are here

I don't see Earth Abides or The Stand.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #1897 on: April 02, 2020, 02:10:06 PM »
On the lighter side...  :laugh:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/04/02/malaysian-government-apologizes-for-tips-on-what-wives-should-do-during-a-covid-19-quarantine/

I told my wife about that one last night.

Her response (and mine as well) was "Well, it's good advice."

Which, of course, means that the feminazi's blew up about it. HOW DARE anyone suggest women may not be perfect as they are!?!?!

Also just reminds me of one of my favorite jokes: How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #1898 on: April 02, 2020, 02:50:06 PM »

Also just reminds me of one of my favorite jokes: How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, that's what men are for?
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #1899 on: April 02, 2020, 02:56:34 PM »
None, that's what men are for?

Close.

"That's not funny!"
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought