Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 449223 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #2900 on: May 11, 2020, 11:08:52 AM »

I agree with Ben about that article sounding like a put-up spin story.

My first "ding" on it was,

The story [about it escaping from a lab] has all the earmarks of a conspiracy theory.And it has drawn support from the highest levels of the U.S. government. [Italics theirs.]

I'm getting pretty good at picking up on spam lingo and I'm sure learning about political spin lingo.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2901 on: May 11, 2020, 11:12:46 AM »
And now we learn that COVID-19 is ... SEXIST!

https://news.trust.org/item/20200510222331-y953v

So, NOW this disease which tends to kill off the elderly (who cost China $$$ but don't produce much for them) ALSO tends to kill off men more than women... and China has a massive surplus of men. But it CLEARLY wasn't engineered. Not at all.

I'll just adjust my tinfoil hat and whistle along....

(Yes, it is in all likelihood a coincidence. Most diseases affect men and the elderly more, anyway. AND if they were really trying to kill off their surplus population, they'd have had a much higher fatality rate.  I'm still gonna push the "China developed a Logan's Run disease!", anyway, because China is asshoe.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2902 on: May 11, 2020, 11:14:31 AM »
But they're been saying for awhile that women are suffering more and are the real victims just like they were during WW-I
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2903 on: May 11, 2020, 11:30:20 AM »
I'm not Steven Crowder's biggest fan, but here is a compilation of him calling attention to the fish-tank-cleaner-killer lady from 3rd April onward. It wasn't until late April that the local police revealed they were investigating it as a possible murder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ptTFmzJWfg

https://news.trust.org/item/20200510222331-y953v

https://nypost.com/2020/04/29/homicide-cops-investigate-death-of-man-who-drank-chloroquine/

https://nationalfile.com/death-man-fish-tank-cleaner-murder/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #2904 on: May 11, 2020, 11:53:42 AM »
I wonder if the effects of this corona virus varies by sex, race, blood type, health conditions, and any of the many variables between us all. I think it would make an interesting study that might lead to some tools to fight this virus or at least aid in identifying risk factors.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2906 on: May 11, 2020, 12:30:27 PM »
https://www.managedhealthcareexecutive.com/news/covid-19-and-firearms-united-states

More guns equals more suicides by guns.

Of course it does. What it doesn't equal is "more suicides," as guns are simply one means. Other means are substituted when guns are not readily available.

It's one of the lies the left likes to use. GUNS CAUSE SUICIDES!!!! No, they are simply a quick means to perpetrate it. Lots of other ones that are less efficient, but just as deadly are around.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2907 on: May 11, 2020, 12:32:19 PM »
https://www.managedhealthcareexecutive.com/news/covid-19-and-firearms-united-states

More guns equals more suicides by guns.

Only 16 states have effective firearm storage legislation. Federal buyback programs could provide an appropriate means for people to dispose of guns and offer necessary economic incentives to do so. The report recomends “smart guns,” which restrict use through biometrics, should be made available for sale in the U.S.

Sounds like they just want gun control. If someone buys a firearm, and later shoots themselves with it, what do storage or biometrics have to do with it? They have the combo to their safe and the fingerprint that activates the smart gun. Those are more "for the children" gun control methods.

If I instituted all the nanny stuff the medical community has been pushing since the virus, I could never leave my home again, and my home would be padded so I couldn't accidentally hurt myself.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2908 on: May 11, 2020, 12:33:56 PM »
I have almost no doubt that televisions = more suicides
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2909 on: May 11, 2020, 12:37:44 PM »
Only 16 states have effective firearm storage legislation. Federal buyback programs could provide an appropriate means for people to dispose of guns and offer necessary economic incentives to do so. The report recomends “smart guns,” which restrict use through biometrics, should be made available for sale in the U.S.

:laugh: There's so much stupid there, I'll just pick on that first part. "I wanted to kill myself, but I had just locked up my gun, and didn't feel like unlocking it. Thanks, Governor Nanny, for forcing me to lock it up!"

I suppose they're talking about situations like teenagers using their parents' guns to top themselves, but it's still very funny that they believe gun storage laws are "effective."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2910 on: May 11, 2020, 01:01:59 PM »
Of course it does. What it doesn't equal is "more suicides," as guns are simply one means. Other means are substituted when guns are not readily available.

It's one of the lies the left likes to use. GUNS CAUSE SUICIDES!!!! No, they are simply a quick means to perpetrate it. Lots of other ones that are less efficient, but just as deadly are around.

Just ... WOW!

In March 2020, gun sales rose up 85% compared to sales in March 2019. These are the highest firearm sales ever recorded in the U.S., the report says. Those who purchase handguns have a 22-fold higher rate of firearm-related suicide within the first year than those who did not purchase a handgun, the report says.

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I think even I can figure out that people who own a gun probably have a statistically higher probability of using a gun to commit suicide than people who don't own a gun.

Remember, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2911 on: May 11, 2020, 01:19:46 PM »
Something is up, Iowa is supposed to be fully open next week, but I'm spending most of this week doing a bunch of social distancing experiments related to my job.

Your employer might not want to be "fully open." 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2912 on: May 11, 2020, 03:14:47 PM »
I have almost no doubt that televisions = more suicides
Include social media.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2913 on: May 11, 2020, 03:16:06 PM »
Just for the memory. 
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1259654554985127936
Here is Andrew Cuomo’s March 25th executive order requiring nursing homes to accept coronavirus patients
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2914 on: May 11, 2020, 03:20:11 PM »
Your employer might not want to be "fully open." 

I work for the government (state and fed)
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2915 on: May 11, 2020, 04:38:06 PM »
It's now the "European virus". Because it's fine naming names when it's just a bunch of frogs, krauts, and wops. Stupid European white people.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/05/11/ccp-approved-messaging-gov-andrew-cuomo-has-a-new-name-for-covid-19-a-fresh-dem-media-talking-point-is-born/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2916 on: May 11, 2020, 06:17:31 PM »
What the &%$#@! is wrong with these people???????????????????????
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2917 on: May 11, 2020, 10:11:38 PM »
What the &%$#@! is wrong with these people???????????????????????

They are treasonous vermin.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2918 on: May 12, 2020, 07:57:00 AM »
I work for the government (state and fed)

Ah.  Fed as well. We're on a severe distancing schedule for the foreseeable future. Probably until mid June with skeleton crews.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2919 on: May 12, 2020, 08:02:05 AM »
Ah.  Fed as well. We're on a severe distancing schedule for the foreseeable future. Probably until mid June with skeleton crews.

Not much traffic out there for you to handle.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2920 on: May 12, 2020, 08:40:56 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2921 on: May 12, 2020, 09:34:12 AM »

Word. A good friend of mine was attacked by a murder wasp, and he tried fending it off with an ordinary hunting rifle. The bullets just bounced off. Luckily, he was able to grab his AR-14. ARs have that .223 ammo, that's huge and super-powerful, and explodes inside the body. He went fully semi-automatic on that wasp, and killed it. He later died from the 5G covid.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2922 on: May 12, 2020, 10:35:30 AM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2923 on: May 12, 2020, 02:09:24 PM »
Well, in the midst of all the doom and gloom ... here's a really pessimistic appraisal by an expert on infectious diseases:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/05/11/coronavirus-expert-michael-osterholm-warns-virus-spread-far-from-over/3108333001/

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2924 on: May 12, 2020, 09:13:36 PM »
https://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2020/05/did-we-lockdown-some-parts-of-america-too-early.html

Always nice when people I know are smart agree with me.

I've been decrying the stupidity of locking down areas without an outbreak for 2 months.

Glad to see some of the smart people coming around to that.