Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 449629 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #3625 on: July 22, 2020, 10:21:06 PM »
Primary Arms sells corn cobs? You know you can get them for free right?
No, it was a side rail mount for a corn cob.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3626 on: July 22, 2020, 10:23:11 PM »
No, it was a side rail mount for a corn cob.

I know what I'm going to do tomorrow.  =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3627 on: July 22, 2020, 10:25:58 PM »
I know what I'm going to do tomorrow.  =D

Don't ask, don't tell.   :laugh:

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3628 on: July 22, 2020, 11:07:02 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #3629 on: July 23, 2020, 10:25:39 AM »
My aunt and uncle must have been wealthy. The outhouse on their 285 year old farm had toilet paper on a real toilet paper holder! The bucket didn't have corn cobs, either. It was full of lime and and had a metal scoop, too! :cool:

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #3630 on: July 24, 2020, 03:50:44 PM »
Interesting video of someone in Argentina demonstrating the effectiveness of different masks using a can of deodorant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cTOUNwb5Fc

I haven't tried it for myself, but I'm not surprised at the results.

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3631 on: July 25, 2020, 11:06:08 AM »
Excellent dissent to the SC ruling on attending church. Really, substitute any number of things for "church" and it applies as well. This seems to be a clear case of picking and choosing, and what the hell is going on with Roberts?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/07/25/nailed-it-neil-gorsuchs-1-paragraph-dissent-ripping-john-roberts-scotus-liberals-ruling-on-nevada-church-restrictions-speaks-volumes/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3632 on: July 25, 2020, 11:10:46 AM »
Every "WTF?" decision Roberts makes that comes down on the wrong side of liberty increases my belief that he has been compromised in some manner.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3633 on: July 25, 2020, 11:26:04 AM »
Finally got tested yesterday, 50 miles from my home only open MWF from 1-3pm, need to make an appointment first.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3634 on: July 25, 2020, 12:03:55 PM »
Finally got tested yesterday, 50 miles from my home only open MWF from 1-3pm, need to make an appointment first.

Is that the "Do I have it?" test, or the "Did I have it" test? A few weeks ago I wanted to do the former, but still want to do the latter. Idaho has been kinda sucky for test availability. They are still very much into "health/life threatening only". To me, it's just as important to have tests for asymptomatic people widely available.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3635 on: July 25, 2020, 07:16:19 PM »
Is that the "Do I have it?" test, or the "Did I have it" test? A few weeks ago I wanted to do the former, but still want to do the latter. Idaho has been kinda sucky for test availability. They are still very much into "health/life threatening only". To me, it's just as important to have tests for asymptomatic people widely available.

Nasal swab, so it's the do I have it. I haven't seen any antibody testing available via public health. Probably take 3 months to get that test via appointment with my GP.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3636 on: July 25, 2020, 09:51:29 PM »
There are a lot of folks pretending to be allies to the right everywhere, not just on the Supreme Court or in politics.

Everywhere.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:24:39 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3637 on: July 26, 2020, 08:47:09 PM »
My test results came back negative.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3638 on: July 26, 2020, 08:55:02 PM »
My test results came back negative.

I meant ask, are/were you having symptoms?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3639 on: July 26, 2020, 09:06:16 PM »
I meant ask, are/were you having symptoms?

No, just been traveling the state for work and my town is a current hot spot. I'll probably try to get tested every week if I  can.

Uranus is a gas giant.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3640 on: July 27, 2020, 01:19:29 AM »
No, just been traveling the state for work and my town is a current hot spot. I'll probably try to get tested every week if I  can.

Admit it; you just like having a nurse shove a pipe cleaner up your nose :)  Is she cute?
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3641 on: July 27, 2020, 10:58:14 AM »
Admit it; you just like having a nurse shove a pipe cleaner up your nose :)  Is she cute?

I don't like things shoved in my nose or other body orifices. I wouldn't of kicked this lady nurse out of bed for eating crackers.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3642 on: July 27, 2020, 12:02:01 PM »
Every "WTF?" decision Roberts makes that comes down on the wrong side of liberty increases my belief that he has been compromised in some manner.

I don't know if it is true, but I read that GWB picked Roberts just to rubber stamp his war on terror laws.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3644 on: July 28, 2020, 10:52:43 AM »
Censored by big tech? Say it ain't so

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/07/27/facebook-censors-viral-video-of-doctors-capitol-hill-coronavirus-press-conference/

Twitter is apparently actively censoring anything positive about Hydroxychloroquine, while highlighting anything negative about it. They just suspended Trump Jr for posting a positive video on it.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3645 on: July 28, 2020, 10:03:09 PM »
Any reaction to Covid 1984 other than fear, neurotic panic or lurching towards totalitarianism is just not tolerated.

Censoring every and all dissenting voices in social media is doing nothing to dissuade me that we are being purposefully manipulated.

Government officials are scaring people away from using a drug that has decades of safe use ...  by talking about its dangers.

Doctors across the planet say it helps if started early in the infection.

That message is censored by ALL mainstream media.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:17:36 PM by Ron »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3646 on: July 29, 2020, 08:21:11 AM »
I read yet another article just yesterday that proclaimed hydrochloroquine to be useless against COVID-19.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3647 on: July 29, 2020, 08:26:24 AM »
I read yet another article just yesterday that proclaimed hydrochloroquine to be useless against COVID-19.

THAT kind of misinformation is fine.

Anything that scares people away from a potential treatment is good propaganda. Anything that makes people have hope for a potential treatment is BAD propaganda. Because Orangemanbad must be defeated.

Duh.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3648 on: July 29, 2020, 09:56:58 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.