Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 446673 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #6050 on: September 20, 2021, 02:38:55 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6051 on: September 20, 2021, 02:49:04 PM »
https://okcfox.com/news/local/doctors-warn-consuming-betadine-wont-cure-covid-could-be-deadly

https://www.newsweek.com/some-anti-vaxxers-are-allegedly-gargling-antiseptic-betadine-covid-cure-1629091

Regardless of your feelings about Big Pharma and Big Medicine, you probably should not be drinking Betadine to treat COVID.
So did anyone actually do this or did it just allegedly happen?  The articles are just reporting that the warning showed up on the internet. 

Maybe someone needs to start circulating videos warning people NOT to do all sorts of things.  Maybe we can get them on the news.   =D  Mercury was once used to treat syphilis.  I haven't yet heard a warning against gargling that so it MUST be okay right?   

I have heard of gargling Listerine as an aid to a sore throat.  I guess I have heard of doing that with a saline solution.  Never heard of doing it with anything else. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6053 on: September 20, 2021, 02:57:40 PM »
I guess I have heard of doing that with a saline solution.  Never heard of doing it with anything else.

Gargling with warm salt water is one of the first things I start to do if I feel a cold and a tickly throat coming on. Then, of course, the whiskey.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6054 on: September 20, 2021, 03:13:02 PM »
https://okcfox.com/news/local/doctors-warn-consuming-betadine-wont-cure-covid-could-be-deadly

https://www.newsweek.com/some-anti-vaxxers-are-allegedly-gargling-antiseptic-betadine-covid-cure-1629091

Regardless of your feelings about Big Pharma and Big Medicine, you probably should not be drinking Betadine to treat COVID. 

I don’t necessarily doubt that this has happened.  I mean, people ate farking tide pods after all.

But is this legitimately a widespread problem, or another fraudulent attempt at making conservatives look like morons?  Shades of ivermectin od’s clogging hospitals in OK City come to mind.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6055 on: September 20, 2021, 03:28:33 PM »
I don’t necessarily doubt that this has happened.  I mean, people ate farking tide pods after all.

But is this legitimately a widespread problem, or another fraudulent attempt at making conservatives look like morons?  Shades of ivermectin od’s clogging hospitals in OK City come to mind.

I was wondering the same thing.  I suspect it's that latter; also an attempt to plant the idea in people's heads so more real morons will actually try it and give weight to the idea that we are all morons.

BTW, if you're going to use OTC veterinary Ivermectin, I think the 1% injectable form is probably the sweet spot.  You won't inject it, you'll take it orally; the dose will be very small but easy to measure because it's a watery liquid.  I haven't calculated it but wild-ass guess is 1.2 ml  (yes, I've given this way too much thought)
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6056 on: September 20, 2021, 03:30:46 PM »

Yes, this is the problem. Two people do it, and suddenly the MSM says that "everyone in flyover country" is taking "horse dewormer".

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6057 on: September 20, 2021, 04:26:17 PM »
Yes, this is the problem. Two people do it, and suddenly the MSM says that "everyone in flyover country" is taking "horse dewormer".

We all are. We don't want horse worms.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6058 on: September 20, 2021, 04:45:23 PM »
My "talking points"

They have concerns about taking a gene therapy treatment that hasn't gone through long term trials. It is mRNA gene therapy instead of DNA gene therapy and it hasn't gone through the long term trials for safety.

They have concerns about it not lasting very long and needing boosters indefinitely.
They have concerns about ADE (Antibody-dependent Enhancement).

Boosters are being pushed all over the world including here. ADE is something that would show up in long term trials, which haven't happened.

They have concerns about the vaccine not keeping you from contracting or spreading Covid-19.
This is just a fact. You can contract and spread covid after "vaccination" with the mRNA "vaccines". While here in the states the numbers reported of breakthrough infections with symptoms is low, other countries like Israel are faring much worse. I suspect we will hear more here as it becomes more difficult to deny.

They have concerns about the historically unprecedented levels of adverse reactions being reported.
I'll have to poke around for the links, I don't bother bookmarking this stuff as the situation is so fluid these days. I've read in multiple sources that the number of reported issues to VAERS regarding Covid is close in number to all other vaccines combined over the years.

They have concerns about why the establishment is ignoring natural immunity of those who already have had Covid, unlike so many other nations on earth.
Once again where is the "talking point"? The evidence for natural immunity is piling up across the world and even on the CDC website they admit there is very little chance of reinfection. Yet the best we get out of official sources is that previously infected should supplement their natural immunity with the jab.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 06:15:33 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6061 on: September 20, 2021, 06:32:24 PM »
I am down with his movement. Turn about is fair play.

Where is the like button?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6062 on: September 20, 2021, 08:57:28 PM »
Here is the link to VAER data on Covid.

https://openvaers.com/covid-data
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6063 on: September 21, 2021, 12:14:53 AM »

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6064 on: September 21, 2021, 12:36:50 AM »
Nobody I know who is unvaccinated is doing it to spite the left.

They have concerns about taking a gene therapy treatment that hasn't gone through long term trials.
They have concerns about it not lasting very long and needing boosters indefinitely.
They have concerns about ADE (Antibody-dependent Enhancement).
They have concerns about the vaccine not keeping you from contracting or spreading Covid-19.
They have concerns about the historically unprecedented levels of adverse reactions being reported.
They have concerns about why the establishment is ignoring natural immunity of those who already have had Covid, unlike so many other nations on earth.

There are plenty of folks who chafe at the tyrannical and anti-liberty aspects, having some of the above concerns as well as others as well.

Many folks no longer trust the medical institutions or the government based upon their observations and experiences over the years.

Absolutely nailed it!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6065 on: September 21, 2021, 07:55:39 AM »
Ugh. If they're going to parody the transexual movement, they should learn the terminology, and the mindset, and get it right.

I don't think that is possible. Every time I hear them talk, I get confused about the moving message.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6066 on: September 21, 2021, 08:06:57 AM »
Hey, remember when they told us we couldn't spend Thanksgiving with family?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/09/20/l-a-dept-of-public-health-explains-why-mask-less-emmy-awards-were-not-in-violation-of-mandate-just-guess-why-hint-theyre-special/

Anyway, the health dept didn't seem to explain why the servants still had to wear masks when supposedly everyone went through the same "protocols".

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6067 on: September 21, 2021, 09:12:35 AM »
Hey, remember when they told us we couldn't spend Thanksgiving with family?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/09/20/l-a-dept-of-public-health-explains-why-mask-less-emmy-awards-were-not-in-violation-of-mandate-just-guess-why-hint-theyre-special/

Anyway, the health dept didn't seem to explain why the servants still had to wear masks when supposedly everyone went through the same "protocols".
Money and influence are cures/preventatives for COVID.  Didn't you know that?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6068 on: September 21, 2021, 04:50:15 PM »
Money and influence are cures/preventatives for COVID.  Didn't you know that?

And fake racial grievances.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6069 on: September 21, 2021, 08:34:30 PM »
Guys, remember that there is a sizable group of people who think that Trump actually said "you should drink clorox and lysol."

And you cannot convince them otherwise.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6070 on: September 22, 2021, 02:27:28 PM »
Wuhan scientists planned to release coronavirus particles into cave bats, leaked papers reveal
https://www.yahoo.com/news/wuhan-scientists-planned-release-skin-145326380.html

Surprised to see this on Yahoo News.

Angus Dalgleish, Professor of Oncology at St Georges, University of London, who struggled to get work published showing that the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) had been carrying out “gain of function” work for years before the pandemic, said the research may have gone ahead even without the funding.

“This is clearly a gain of function, engineering the cleavage site and polishing the new viruses to enhance human cell infectibility in more than one cell line,” he said.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6071 on: September 22, 2021, 06:00:49 PM »
Interesting change in Ontario, OR this week. Up until last week (last time I was there), 90% of people were not wearing masks. Fast forward to just a couple of hours ago, and 90% of people ARE wearing masks. I was at both Home Despot and Albertsons, and I was one of only a few people without a mask, and the HD was packed. I didn't see any signs in front of the HD, but the Albertsons was prominently displaying a "masks required" sign. Nobody bugged me for not wearing one at either place.

I was also at the place there that sells Conex boxes, and I had to wait to be shown what they had available because a girl was the only one there. She said every other person was out with covid. I guess they all just got it in the last few days because she said they'd all be out for two weeks.

I don't know if any new OR regs hit, or if people are just getting nervous. Some of the stores in my area, both in OR and ID, are limiting purchases of the covid run-on items like TP, water, etc. I don't want to buy into any panic, but in case there is some regional "OMG!" stuff starting, I'm going to go to Costco tomorrow to  get one each of water, TP, and paper towels. I'm back up to my usual stockpile of those items now, but just in case something is starting, one more of each won't hurt. Maybe some stuff to top off the freezer, otherwise I'm good on long term food as well.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6072 on: September 22, 2021, 10:28:18 PM »
Our latest potential treatment from Larry the llama:  https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-58628689

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6073 on: September 22, 2021, 10:49:57 PM »
Just call me cynical, but my guess?

"I wanna take some damn time off, and I'm gonna take it NOW."

Seriously - us essential untouchables should all be dead by now.
Blog under construction

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6074 on: September 23, 2021, 04:58:31 AM »
Most employers require a positive test for you to get your fancy COVID two weeks.

It's not like calling in sick on Monday after a party.