Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 448552 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #6625 on: February 15, 2022, 12:52:31 PM »
Put them in JAIL! Put them ALL IN JAIL!

As of last night, we still have people going around with multiple masks, glasses, hats (uh...), hoodies (often over the hat...), and gloves, and they make copious use of the hand sanitizer thingie at the front of the store. With the gloves on... Then they wander around the store, picking stuff up, carrying it, putting it down somewhere else, and I've gotta try to catch 'em putting something in a pocket...

I want this OVER.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6626 on: February 16, 2022, 08:19:53 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6627 on: February 16, 2022, 09:21:16 AM »
Covid in Hong Kong right now:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1493847637140803584
It isn't really clear.  Are those people all real sick?  Or just there to be tested? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6629 on: February 16, 2022, 12:27:15 PM »
So... Is that what the Chinese expect us to do next?
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6632 on: February 19, 2022, 07:22:11 AM »
Back in January my company went back to full face masks all the time, to which I said bullshit. I've not put on a mask in weeks. There's hardly anyone in my building.

Yesterday got an email from one of the big honchos. My company is, starting March 1, moving back to a work from the office model.

No word at all on face masks, but my guess is they're going to double down on masks.

So, you think it's safe enough for the majority of people to return to the office, but it's so unsafe that we still have to wear masks?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6634 on: February 19, 2022, 12:54:39 PM »
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2789362?guestAccessKey=58760460-df0f-4790-9257-8f3682dca39b&utm_source=For_The_Media&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=ftm_links&utm_content=tfl&utm_term=021822

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2022/02/18/covid-19-ivermectin-treatment-ineffective-study/3441645193314/

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/97287
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2022/02/ivermectin-futile-mild-moderate-covid-19-study-finds

More literature on the efficacy of ivermectin.

Study on politics and prescribing: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2789363

The fly in the ointment (horsefly in the paste?) is how well in seemed to work in India and a couple other places.

Then I read some speculation that maybe the reason it appeared to work in the predominately poor state in India was that it boosted their immune symptom. Their immune systems functioned better due to ... wait for it... Ivermectin killing all the parasites that their immune system was dealing with, allowing them to fight off Covid. Apparently poor folks in India often have one or more parasite infections. Sounds plausible.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6635 on: February 19, 2022, 01:31:09 PM »
So, you think it's safe enough for the majority of people to return to the office, but it's so unsafe that we still have to wear masks?

Legal butt-covering.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6636 on: February 19, 2022, 03:31:25 PM »
The fly in the ointment (horsefly in the paste?) is how well in seemed to work in India and a couple other places.

Then I read some speculation that maybe the reason it appeared to work in the predominately poor state in India was that it boosted their immune symptom. Their immune systems functioned better due to ... wait for it... Ivermectin killing all the parasites that their immune system was dealing with, allowing them to fight off Covid. Apparently poor folks in India often have one or more parasite infections. Sounds plausible.

I lived in New Zealand in high school as an exchange student.  There were 5 of us in the same city (Christchurch).  Another American, a Norwegian, a Paraguayan and one I can’t remember.  We had a group video chat a while back, near the start of the pandemic.  The Paraguayan gal mentioned ivermectin as a treatment there.  Although I didn’t say it my first thought was that eliminating the parasite load might have been a key factor.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6637 on: February 19, 2022, 04:30:03 PM »
Back in January my company went back to full face masks all the time, to which I said bullshit. I've not put on a mask in weeks. There's hardly anyone in my building.

Yesterday got an email from one of the big honchos. My company is, starting March 1, moving back to a work from the office model.

No word at all on face masks, but my guess is they're going to double down on masks.

I think a lot of places/companies saw a spike in cases in January after the holidays and case numbers dropped off substantially very quickly.  That was the case down here.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6638 on: February 19, 2022, 07:04:02 PM »

Study on politics and prescribing: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2789363

"These limitations notwithstanding, our findings are consistent with the hypothesis that US prescribing of hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic may have been influenced by political affiliation. Because political affiliation should not be a factor in clinical treatment decisions, our findings raise concerns for public trust in a nonpartisan health care system."

And of course, they seem to have no problem at all with using political affiliation when blocking research or prescribing.

What I've mostly seen is the bureaucratic left blocking anyone who says "What if? It isn't going to hurt anything?"

Shouldn't all the evil folks with the red hats, or at least the evil folks who never wore the pussy hats, all be dead by now?
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6639 on: February 19, 2022, 09:44:17 PM »

Yeah.  I read about a huge study in Brazil recently.  They put a large population on ivermectin prementively.  These had better outcomes with Covid... did the Ivermectin attack the covid, or did it strengthen the folks by getting rid of their parasite load?  Same deal...

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6641 on: February 20, 2022, 09:37:30 AM »
Yeah.  I read about a huge study in Brazil recently.  They put a large population on ivermectin prementively.  These had better outcomes with Covid... did the Ivermectin attack the covid, or did it strengthen the folks by getting rid of their parasite load?  Same deal...

Considering how incredibly safe it is and the amount of circumstantial evidence based on successful clinical use against covid, I think it should have been allowed as a treatment.

It is lightyears safer than Remdesivir which doesn't really have the greatest track record. I'm of the opinion that more than a few Covid deaths were actually Remdesiver deaths.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6642 on: February 20, 2022, 10:24:09 AM »
But remdesivir is a darling of Fauci's folks... Look at his record with HIV...

"Man, but this stuff is NASTY."

"Hell - give it to them anyway - they're likely to die anyway."

"Yeah - sounds good..."

It is politically approved. So that makes it "good."

Now, you went and got tested to see if you had the bug, because with most people, you have to get tested to know if you are sick. So go home, and...

At least one local hospital has had parents freaking out in the ER after a kid has tested positive, enough to make the staff figure that taking the kid upstairs and placeboing/OTCing the hell out of them was a valid way to prevent a riot...

"Okay - I'm gonna write diphenhydramine PRN..."

"PRN? How do we determine that?"

"Start with 25mg and titrate until you have some peace to treat the other patients - we'll send him home in the morning with instructions for five days of bed rest, or else."
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6643 on: February 20, 2022, 10:38:10 AM »
Solution:  Just be better looking.

Still not caught Covid? It might be down to how attractive you are, scientists say
https://www.thesun.co.uk/health/17680729/how-attractive-you-are-covid-risk-beauty/

The article actually seems to be based on a study done that said people in the study rated as more attractive actually seemed to have better immune system performance. 

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6644 on: February 21, 2022, 12:10:30 AM »
Was it about a month or so ago when you could register to get free covid tests in the mail within a week?
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6645 on: February 21, 2022, 07:11:44 AM »
Was it about a month or so ago when you could register to get free covid tests in the mail within a week?

Yes, but I don't believe that they said it would be delivered within a week.

The website says that the order will ship within 7 to 12 days.

That said, I can't remember when I ordered my kits... it has been going on a month, I think.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6646 on: February 21, 2022, 07:13:53 AM »
Yep, just over a month since I ordered mine. https://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=65980.msg1338239#msg1338239

My guess, they were overwhelmed. And depending on the post office. And Brandon is President.

So, I suspect we'll see them just in time for mid-term elections.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6647 on: February 21, 2022, 07:28:43 AM »
I got mine last Saturday.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6648 on: February 21, 2022, 07:46:58 AM »
I got mine last Saturday.

And the omicron surge was way down by then. Thanks, Brandon!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6649 on: February 21, 2022, 08:00:10 AM »
We got our test kits, both from the Feds and Washington state, over three weeks ago.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.